Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Leaving on Thursday>Word of warning to others.

Wikiposts

Leaving on Thursday>Word of warning to others.

Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light
Default Leaving on Thursday>Word of warning to others.

Well we leave on Thursday and by god we can't wait to get out of this dreadfull place.

The goodbyes were not that bad,but I'd thought I'd give others who are returning soon or in the future the heads up of how much it costs financially to get out of Australia.

First up the car salesman whom we sold our car too dropped the already agreed price and refused to give me my log book back threatening me with legal action if I pulled out.(Rip off no.1)

Ocean sky container company quoted us a price which their salesman said would not budge.Three days before they come in we get a phone call demanding $1300 more than the quote,blaming the weak dollar.
When we said the salesman said the quote couldn't be changed he says,"would you believe him if he says it was going to rain tomorrow".
(Rip off no 2) WARNING: DON'T TOUCH OCEAN SKY WITH A BARGE POLE.

The rental place we left also are refusing to give us our full bond back...Nazis!!

Anyway farewell to you all and i'll let you all know how I go back in the land of the living.

Merry Christmas to you all.
Maka Paka.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:02 pm
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving on Thursday>Word of warning to others.

All the best. Hope all goes well for you
Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Leaving on Thursday>Word of warning to others.

Originally Posted by maka paka
Well we leave on Thursday and by god we can't wait to get out of this dreadfull place.

The goodbyes were not that bad,but I'd thought I'd give others who are returning soon or in the future the heads up of how much it costs financially to get out of Australia.

First up the car salesman whom we sold our car too dropped the already agreed price and refused to give me my log book back threatening me with legal action if I pulled out.(Rip off no.1)

Ocean sky container company quoted us a price which their salesman said would not budge.Three days before they come in we get a phone call demanding $1300 more than the quote,blaming the weak dollar.
When we said the salesman said the quote couldn't be changed he says,"would you believe him if he says it was going to rain tomorrow".

The rental place we left also are refusing to give us our full bond back...Nazis!!

Anyway farewell to you all and i'll let you all know how I go back in the land of the living.

Maka Paka.
Awwwww Maka Paka its not good to have that many ooopsie daisys all at one time you will be pleased to be on your way by the sounds of things.
I really wish you well on your journey homeward bound have a glass of something nice on the plane to celebrate and let us all know how you get on..........

Oh and you have a fabulous Christmas too a real proper one im dead jealous. If and when i get back we will have to organise a returnees get together for all that have returned.......
All the very best to you and your family.
Cally x
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck, I am about 10 days behind you.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately these things sometimes happen. I am fully expecting it. Thankfully I can afford it within reason but I do find unexpected price increases particularly annoying.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

What a bunch of rip off merchants...!

Still you will be giving Aus the arse really soon, and will be able to laugh about it one day hopefully.

Best of luck back in Scotland, and have a lovely cold Christmas with proper telly.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I often do find that the times when I have experienced hardship do often tend to become very funny stories to tell later on, long after the horror and stress has gone away!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Leaving on Thursday>Word of warning to others.

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Best of luck, I am about 10 days behind you.
Ohhhhhhhh how exciting have a great trip look forward to hearing how you all are getting on.
Cally
Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:47 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't people awful, taking full advantage that you won't be there to fight for your money back.
Stick some cheese in the heater vents. It'll take a while to find But then I'm mean that way.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:17 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by maka paka

The rental place we left also are refusing to give us our full bond back...Nazis!!Fight them on it ild threaten the rental tribunal on them

Anyway farewell to you all and i'll let you all know how I go back in the land of the living. best of luck to you

Maka Paka.
tell me about it im sick of people over here and how they see you as a $ sign hmmm how much money can i get out of theses poor fools im begining to think we have door mat stamped on our heads

our rip off goes as
invited to say with friends and mind thier house while they travel, also till the house they own was ready for us to rent, they come home and demand nearly 5000 off us basically charging us for minding thier house and then as they sent in a letter letting tenats know they have to be out 17 of november tennants left 1 of september as they were in thier right to but we didnt move in on till october and they want us to pay for september and are kiking us out not that we care are moving have it sorted now as we spoke to a solicitor and she said pay them nothing they are pulling a fast one so much for friends.

then DH was working promised he would be made permanent in a month no joy then they would not pay over time DH had an argument with them and they let him go the next day for a stupid reason.

then yesterday the estate agent taking over the house trying to find new tenants arranges a viewing never confirmed it with us that it was OK. turns up here yesterday morning to show some one around if my DH wasn't here she would have let her self in regardless the neck of her.

im just grateful we are out of here this week and going home february

hope it all goes well on the other side for you
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just like to know how the weak Aussie Dollar is your fault?

Best of luck Maka Paka