Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Leaving Canada With House Not Sold

Wikiposts

Leaving Canada With House Not Sold

Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:09 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Canada With House Not Sold

Originally Posted by sim2point4
Canada is not a bad place, just a freezin wasteland inhabited by people who wish it wasn't so god damn cold for 5 months of the year, but have to accept their lot as it is home to them!
LOL! I do wonder if some would-be immigrants in the UK are having second thoughts after a few weeks of snow and ice, and not nearly as cold.

House sales should pick up a bit. Don't forget, most people don't buy or sell houses around Christmastime. It's now that the spring rush starts, and even if things are slow, it'll still pick up.

Have you heard the odd superstition about burying a statue of St. Joseph upside down outside the front door? Of course, that's hard to do in frozen ground. I know one person who filled a planter with soil and stuck him in there.

Apparently you have to dig him up and take him with you, right side up of course, or you'll never sell your next house.

Just in case you want to try it!

Bev
Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:52 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing moving in terms of house sales around here. The figures released for house sales in this area in the last month, are much less than half this time last year. House prices are being slashed, so have to be realistic about where you pitch. The price reduction does not bother me too much, as the purchase price in the UK has gone down so much. The fact that we have to sell first, to afford the cost of the move back, is worrying.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:55 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate this is in AB, but possibly some comfort, friend has just sold and bought within 4 weeks. It is possible. The house they bought though near me has dropped around $50k since we moved couple years ago.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

House prices are being slashed, so have to be realistic about where you pitch. The price reduction does not bother me too much, as the purchase price in the UK has gone down so much.

Hi
Lets also not forget the favorable exchange rate at the moment , if you manage to get a sale in the not to distant future you will certainly make it up in the transfer over to the UK ~ Fingers crossed