Old Apr 18th 2018, 3:28 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

vh3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leaving Arizona after 32 Years

Every day gets a little closer:

- DH recovering nicely from his 2nd TKR surgery
- condo on the market
- pinball machine will be sold - it’s not making the journey to Scotland!!
- approval to pay Class 2 National Insurance contributions
- UK bank account opened
- flights booked - return in July

It’s still hard for me to believe that my long-cherished dream is about to become a reality. I’m filled with an overwhelming feeling of joy and peace and spend a lot of time quietly reflecting on my 33 years in the USA. If my dad were still alive and my mum was not suffering with dementia I know that they would say to me “Caroline, job well done”. I vividly remember them waving goodbye to me at Waverley Station when I was 21 and heading down south for my first job in England. I feel I have come full circle when I return to Edinburgh with my DH and youngest son in July as a 60-year old.

Thanks for all the support on this forum.

I am so glad everything went well and I agree re the forum. Since we made the decision to move back to Scotland last year I now look at the all posts with interest and enjoy hearing about everyone's experiences. Although our own departure date feels like a long way away (2020) I know it will come around very quickly. When you have "stuff" to find homes for it takes a while.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 4:12 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caroline in Arizona
Every day gets a little closer:

- DH recovering nicely from his 2nd TKR surgery
- condo on the market
- pinball machine will be sold - it’s not making the journey to Scotland!!
- approval to pay Class 2 National Insurance contributions
- UK bank account opened
- flights booked - return in July

Thanks for all the support on this forum.
That's a relief. One does one's best.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute

Novocastrian - I did think of you when I wrote about the pinball machine based on your previous comment!!
Old Apr 19th 2018, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting every day a little closer and for those of us for whom it it still a little longer it is delicious to read.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute

Today my DH has gone through his fairly small book collection. Most didn’t make the cut including Oor Willie, The Broons and his Shinty Year Books from the 1970s. The downsizing continues!!
Old Apr 20th 2018, 12:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scot47
Bring on the bottle of petrol and the box of matches !
You are naughties.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 12:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by vh3
Funny, how us Scots just want to go home...
Not just you Scots. My heart and soul is in SW England. It always will be & although I cannot go home right now, I surely shall.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 5:43 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Not just you Scots. My heart and soul is in SW England. It always will be & although I cannot go home right now, I surely shall.
I have friends from the SW of England and they truly love the place. We have 2 years and 3 months to go but who is counting...
Old Apr 20th 2018, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

I am 32 months
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 5:44 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vikingsail
I am 32 months
Old May 14th 2018, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Less than 10 weeks to go!!! Condo is sold, I’m in the process of selling the pinball machine, and, most importantly, we’ve got tickets to see Runrig in Stirling this August!!!
Old May 16th 2018, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Nine weeks today and we arrive in Edinburgh. This is what has been accomplished since my last post, all of 2 days ago!!

1. Pinball machine has been sold
2. We’ve ordered 2 crates from UPakWeShip - each 100 cubic feet. Originally planned and scheduled with Seven Seas Worldwide. Then they phoned us yesterday to say they don’t pick up from Phoenix!
3. I’ve started to pack boxes

Off to pack another box!

Excitement level is increasing!! Talking to random people in the condo elevator and telling them I’m returning to Scotland!!
Old May 17th 2018, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caroline in Arizona
Nine weeks today and we arrive in Edinburgh. This is what has been accomplished since my last post, all of 2 days ago!!

1. Pinball machine has been sold
2. We’ve ordered 2 crates from UPakWeShip - each 100 cubic feet. Originally planned and scheduled with Seven Seas Worldwide. Then they phoned us yesterday to say they don’t pick up from Phoenix!
3. I’ve started to pack boxes

Off to pack another box!

Excitement level is increasing!! Talking to random people in the condo elevator and telling them I’m returning to Scotland!!
So exciting! We leave for Scotland a week on Monday, and have our eyes on a few properties in Argyll and Bute. Two viewings booked for May 31st after a chat with a well-recommended lawyer on the 30th! We're on our way too! This time next year we'll be packing our bags, just like you. I'll be interested to see what your UPakWeShip experience is like, because we're pondering our options for moving things now....
Old May 20th 2018, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Back to packing after all the excitement of the Royal wedding. Regardless of anyone’s views on the Royal Family I thought England was looking at its finest and the entrance to the chapel with all the greenery was truly spectacular. We have completed our TOR (Transfer of Residence) and all the accompanying enclosures.

Looks like we’ll have about 20 boxes in total - each 18”x18”x16” plus 5 pieces of furniture - sofa table, bookcase, 2 chairs and a desk.
Old May 23rd 2018, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there - did you sell the pinball machine? I'm in Scottsdale and would like to buy one Let me know if it's still available

I haven't read every post, but I did see that you were going to have to leave behind a good doctor. Did you consider staying as a patient with the US doctor? could you not fly back once in a while, and just pay cash perhaps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.