Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

At last we are on TV A Place In The Sun

At last we are on TV A Place In The Sun

Old Jan 5th 2004, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default At last we are on TV A Place In The Sun

FRIDAY 9TH 4PM CHANNEL 4

Well we have been back in the uk since August and the programme we filmed in October 2002 is finally going to be shown.
How ironic 'been there done that'.......

Sue
Old Jan 5th 2004, 10:57 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At last we are on TV A Place In The Sun

Some friends of mine were on the first ever episode. They ended up moving back to the UK too.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

mutznuts1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of matter of interest why are you back in the uk?How long were you away for?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Its about time they did a reverse series, "Been there done that in OZ show".

Should be a lot more interesting than the overdone theme of moving to paradise but surprise surprise its actually very stressful and causes families to want to kill each other, but here are some nice beach piccys anyway theme.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully

Originally posted by mutznuts1
Out of matter of interest why are you back in the uk?How long were you away for?
Hi Mutznuts,

Well we made the decission to return to the uk,

Here is our story!

Our first visit to Australia was in 1990 when we first got married, we stayed for 3 months and toured around the cities, we feel in love with OZ.

We returned to the uk and had two children, hubby came again to oz to visit his brother who lives in Adelaide on his return he was excited and that got the ball rolling we applied with his brother sponcering us, we were granted our visa, at that time our children were 4 & 5, we put our house on the market e.t.c but huddys dad became very ill, so it was put off, Hubby went over with a mate (who met a ozzie girl and has since moved to Adelaide) to get his passport validated.

Life continued in the uk we had a house built, great jobs, great pay but always in the back of ours minds was Australia (more for my husband).
Anyway after hubbys father died we booked a trip for 1 month to Adelaide to stay with his brother, we took the kids and hubbys mother, had a great time and met up with the friend who he came over with, after staying with them listening to them, how wonderful everything was, we were hooked.
We returned to the uk and hubby sponcered me and the kids we were accepted and put everything up for sale.
November 2002 we got the chance for a all expensives paid trip to oz with channel 4 "A place in the sun" (on Friday 9th Jan 4pm channel 4), I had to get my visa validated so this was a good chance as we had not sold the house, so we left the kids for 2 weeks with mother-in-law and came to Coffs harbour which is a beautiful place.
Returned to the uk, house sold and arrived over here in March, hubby got a great paided job within 2 weeks, kids started school,
we were amazed of all the prices of thing, nobody told us about the little extras e.g stamp duty on cars e.t.c
Since getting here hubbys mate is returning to the uk (so much for all his praise).It took my husband 15 years to talk me into going, but he was the one who felt homesick,he missed his family and friends,
The he and youngest son nearly drowned after a month of arriving and this has put our views on what we want, and I dont want to die here, when we came over we said we would give it 5 years but what if we want to go back and our kids don't, little things do matter we can't point out things to our kid's like "that was where I went to school"e.t.c.
We drove to Adelaide arriving on 8th July, our eldest son was in a car accident, the car was a right off but he was only injured slightly, so this did it for us, we felt that this was a sign and oz is not ment to be for us.
We arrived back in the uk on 19th August and we arebuying a house that needs lots of work so this will keep us busy.

Good luck to everyone and we are glad we did go, so we can now get on with our life with out the what if's.

Sue

Don't forget to watch 'A Place in the sun'
where we will be making a tv debut !!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

mutznuts1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey do you work for jewson?That post has more plugs than they do !! I have been reading in alot of posts about the aus (not so stealthy)taxes.Does the programme A PLACE IN THE SUN 4pm friday 9th jan channel 4 (thats the only plug i am giving it lol)cover all your mishaps and aussie hidden charges etc?Or have you not seen it yet?
At least you knew what you were getting into having previous knowledge of aus and didnt go tottaly blinkered.
regards mutz
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:41 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sue5665
FRIDAY 9TH 4PM CHANNEL 4

Well we have been back in the uk since August and the programme we filmed in October 2002 is finally going to be shown.
How ironic 'been there done that'.......

Sue
Have you seen the final edit?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom
Have you seen the final edit?
Hi bondipom,

No we havent seem the final edit, as they wont send us a copy until it is screened.

Sue
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi bondipom,

No we havent seem the final edit, as they wont send us a copy until it is screened.

Sue
Fingers crossed they do not misrepresent you.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:03 pm
WBB

Hi bondipom,

Sue
does that worry you ?

:scared:

Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Just checked the Radio Times website and Channel 4 websites and tomorrow's program is listed as coming from the Jacaranda Coast. Where's that? I've googled it to the Sunshine Coast QLD, but not NSW and not Coffs.

I really want to catch the Coffs programme.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by CHnJ
Just checked the Radio Times website and Channel 4 websites and tomorrow's program is listed as coming from the Jacaranda Coast. Where's that? I've googled it to the Sunshine Coast QLD, but not NSW and not Coffs.

I really want to catch the Coffs programme.

Did you get chance to watch?

There was a lot of things that were not true,

1st. Our budget was 200,000 uk pounds
2nd. The 4 houses were all in NSW but no where near each other,which was very misleading
3rd. It is not called the Jacaranda coast, they called it that because of all the Jacaranda trees.

Sue
Old Jan 9th 2004, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

All I can say is that you must be a very strong person Sue, and also have a strong marriage
I admire you
all the best

sandra
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sj oldfield
All I can say is that you must be a very strong person Sue, and also have a strong marriage
I admire you
all the best

sandra

Hi Sandra,

Thank you very much for those kind words.

Sue
Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:50 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

It was good to see you at last! Just goes to show what these programs make up to suit themselves. It was nice to see all the Jackaranda trees again, that was one thing I loved in Bayside Brisbane.

Did you live near any of the properties that they showed you?

Susan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.