The Last Post- For now

Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Blue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant future
Default The Last Post- For now

hello to everyone on this returning to UK forum,

My wife Lisa and I(Michael)and the two kids are returning to the UK in three weeks time and we will be offline for a while from today. As we are going via South Africa to visit my wife's side of the family will probably only be back online the end of march, although we will look in now and again anywhere we can, so just wanted to write this last post and to say goodbye to everyone and also to say "never give up on something if it is worthwhile and it makes you happy as you only have one life and a short one at that, so what if we make mistakes along the way, that is what life is all about and how we all learn."

We really Love this forum and it has really helped and at times comforted us in the past few months to get through the tough times, and so a big thankyou to everyone who has helped and offered advise. Maybe we should have a meet up sometime for all the Expats who have returned. We are off back to Nottingham not sure where abouts just yet.

So a big "good luck" to everyone and goodbye for now.

Michael & Lisa (BEG)

Ps: I will let everyone know how we are getting on in due course!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Last Post- For now

Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Girl
hello to everyone on this returning to UK forum,

My wife Lisa and I(Michael)and the two kids are returning to the UK in three weeks time and we will be offline for a while from today. As we are going via South Africa to visit my wife's side of the family will probably only be back online the end of march, although we will look in now and again anywhere we can, so just wanted to write this last post and to say goodbye to everyone and also to say "never give up on something if it is worthwhile and it makes you happy as you only have one life and a short one at that, so what if we make mistakes along the way, that is what life is all about and how we all learn."

We really Love this forum and it has really helped and at times comforted us in the past few months to get through the tough times, and so a big thankyou to everyone who has helped and offered advise. Maybe we should have a meet up sometime for all the Expats who have returned. We are off back to Nottingham not sure where abouts just yet.

So a big "good luck" to everyone and goodbye for now.

Michael & Lisa (BEG)

Ps: I will let everyone know how we are getting on in due course!

Hi

Don't know if you will get to read this for a while but good luck and hope everything goesf as you want it to. As you said, never give up if its something you want. We all have doubts about things, its only natural, but take what life has to offer and try and enjoy it along the way.

I have also taken great comfort in this forum and just knowing that there are others in the same boat with the same feelings fhas helped me enormously.

Good luck in Nottingham!

PLANTS
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Blue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant futureBlue Eyed Girl has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=PLANTS]Hi

Don't know if you will get to read this for a while but good luck and hope everything goesf as you want it to. As you said, never give up if its something you want. We all have doubts about things, its only natural, but take what life has to offer and try and enjoy it along the way.

I have also taken great comfort in this forum and just knowing that there are others in the same boat with the same feelings fhas helped me enormously.

Good luck in Nottingham!

PLANTS

Hiya plants,

Thanks for your kind words.Duck!

I can practise saying that again, hahaha.

Tra for now

BEG
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:37 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Just to wish you all the best! Sounds like your family set-up is similar to ours. I am South African and my husband is British. We are also thinking of going via SA - possibly for two months - on our way back......but we're not headed off for a good few months yet.

Where in SA is your wife from?

Hope it all works out for you back in Nottingham!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 8:00 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Wishing you lots of luck and have fun whilst you take your journey home. Janeyray is from Notts..!! Wouldn't it be good to have a returnee party somewhere for all of us??!!
Make sure you come back online and let us know how you have got on.

Good luck

love and light

P
Old Jan 6th 2006, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Hiya Banjo,

My wife is from roodepoort in the gauteng province. I emigrated to south africa with my parents and lived there for 21 years where I met my wife, I lived in the east rand well a suburb of germiston to be exact.

Where do you come from in SA?

BEG
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

.....another post of people making the move back! so pleased for you and i think we all on this forum like to hear about returners - it gives a lot of hope to those who are not yet at the stage where they feel they can make the "final" decision to return home. it just goes to show us all that u can get there in the end!
love and luck to you and your family and if there is a uk meet up, as Pants suggested, i really hope i'll be there with you all by then!
take care and keep posting x
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:29 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Hiya Banjo,

My wife is from roodepoort in the gauteng province. I emigrated to south africa with my parents and lived there for 21 years where I met my wife, I lived in the east rand well a suburb of germiston to be exact.

Where do you come from in SA?

BEG
Hi...well I'm from Underberg up in the Southern Drakensberg. My Mum lived in Springs for quite a while, but has recently moved to Pretoria. Well, hope you have a great time catching up with family while you're over there. Just a personal question actually.... who have you used for your air tickets, and did you get round the world ones?
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by banjo
Hi...well I'm from Underberg up in the Southern Drakensberg. My Mum lived in Springs for quite a while, but has recently moved to Pretoria. Well, hope you have a great time catching up with family while you're over there. Just a personal question actually.... who have you used for your air tickets, and did you get round the world ones?
Hiya banjo,

Well we tried all sorts of combinations, ie. flying to honk kong, singapore etc.. but then I tried via south africa on the net and it was so cheap and that is with south african airways too. So I rang SAA up and they quoted me a price but did say that if I was to go to a agent that they would be even cheaper so I went to flight centre and true to their word they were cheaper, much cheaper. We got one way tickets from perth to london heathrow via johannesburg.

Our family say that we will see a huge difference when we go as so much building has taken place, but we will see!

anyway must go

bye for now

BEG
Old Jan 7th 2006, 8:16 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

Thanks for the info.....I'll look into that. All the best for your journey!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:53 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

We are off back to Nottingham not sure where abouts just yet.

Nottingham isn't that bad, I like living here. Good luck
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by janeyray
Nottingham isn't that bad, I like living here. Good luck
Yes, Janeyray we agree nottingham is a great place,thats why we are going back there.

thanks for the good luck

BEG