Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Ladyhaye - taking the cat back to the UK from Canada

Ladyhaye - taking the cat back to the UK from Canada

Old Sep 9th 2011, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

marietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nice
Question Ladyhaye - taking the cat back to the UK from Canada

We are going home on 30th November - can't wait!!

Just contacted Ladyhaye to arrange the cats flight and they said they cannot book her on the flight we want to travel on until next month, when they get the flight schedules?
( Calgary to Gatwick, Air Transat/TC )
We can book our seats on the flight now, so just wondered if anyone knew why they cannot book the cat onto the same flight now?
I have asked but had no reply?
I don't want to book our flight until I know she can be on the same flight

Has anyone ever had a problem getting their pet onto the same flight after you've already booked your own tickets?
Thank you........
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ladyhaye - taking the cat back to the UK from Canada

The main reason Ladyhaye can't do it is because the airline only releases the cargo availability schedule on a monthly horizon. I had the same problem last year and couldn't confirm the cat's flight from Pearson to Gatwick until the month before they flew. At it happens it wasn't a problem for me as I wasn't trying to get them on the same flight as us.

Personally I wouldn't take the risk of booking your flights with the hope that the cats will be able to get on the same flight. For all sorts of reasons it's sometimes not possible for livestock to be put into the cargo hold.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

marietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nice

Originally Posted by zednought
The main reason Ladyhaye can't do it is because the airline only releases the cargo availability schedule on a monthly horizon. I had the same problem last year and couldn't confirm the cat's flight from Pearson to Gatwick until the month before they flew. At it happens it wasn't a problem for me as I wasn't trying to get them on the same flight as us.

Personally I wouldn't take the risk of booking your flights with the hope that the cats will be able to get on the same flight. For all sorts of reasons it's sometimes not possible for livestock to be put into the cargo hold.
Thank you for your reply
I think we will wait before booking our flight until I'm sure my 'baby girl' can travel on the same flight
Old Sep 13th 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Guinness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marietuluse
We are going home on 30th November - can't wait!!

Just contacted Ladyhaye to arrange the cats flight and they said they cannot book her on the flight we want to travel on until next month, when they get the flight schedules?
( Calgary to Gatwick, Air Transat/TC )
We can book our seats on the flight now, so just wondered if anyone knew why they cannot book the cat onto the same flight now?
I have asked but had no reply?
I don't want to book our flight until I know she can be on the same flight

Has anyone ever had a problem getting their pet onto the same flight after you've already booked your own tickets?
Thank you........
I am also using Ladyhaye, our pets our booked on a flight from TO to Manchester Oct 19th, it did take them a while to get me the dates also. Did you speak to Ali? as she seems very efficient with everything. I know with us we have to be on the same flight as the pets.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Guinness
I am also using Ladyhaye, our pets our booked on a flight from TO to Manchester Oct 19th, it did take them a while to get me the dates also. Did you speak to Ali? as she seems very efficient with everything. I know with us we have to be on the same flight as the pets.
Hi
Yes spoke to Ali yesterday and it is as zednought said, they have to wait to see if they are going to carry live cargo on a particular flight, and only do it a month before
So we will wait to book our flight until we know she can be on the same one
Good luck with your move
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't want my cats on the same flight when we came back; there was enough to do, enough luggage to take care of. I sent my cats on the day before, had Airpets collect them and then had them delivered to my home two days later after I arrived.