Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

This is the kind of thing that makes me sick in this country!!

Wikiposts

This is the kind of thing that makes me sick in this country!!

Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:43 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is the kind of thing that makes me sick in this country!!

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

Errrr excuse me? Flat earth is unfair considering i was grateful for Sels input!!
And you certainly would not get away with saying Tottenham was a good team let alone the best

I am still wading through the info whilst eating my dinner, although i still cant quite understand how opinion surveys correllate a factual report on the true volume of corruption... now try to be balanced here and think about this. What people THINK is true doesnt mean it is! Does it?

***head scratching now****
They are just dicking around

Perception in this context is an awareness and recognition of the information. It is a survey based upon "alleged" and factual information that has been summarised into an index.

It is not meant to be precise, how can it be?? there is noway you can get a true volume of corruption without adding speculation due to the very nature of the beast. It gives an overall measure of global corruption as best as it can be defined.

Therefore there has to be a certain percentage of "thinking" as in analyzing key elements. When we consider the amount of backhanders that have "allegedly" occured they can only be entered into a survey as a perceived account of, due to the legallities.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:04 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
They are just dicking around

Perception in this context is an awareness and recognition of the information. It is a survey based upon "alleged" and factual information that has been summarised into an index.

It is not meant to be precise, how can it be?? there is noway you can get a true volume of corruption without adding speculation due to the very nature of the beast. It gives an overall measure of global corruption as best as it can be defined.

Therefore there has to be a certain percentage of "thinking" as in analyzing key elements. When we consider the amount of backhanders that have "allegedly" occured they can only be entered into a survey as a perceived account of, due to the legallities.
Yes, dick being the operative word

That was my point. It cannot be precise as you say. I will concede that they can probably come up with the figures no other way.
I still believe that common place corruption in all its forms from top brass politics right down to palm greasing and favouritism in kiddie sports clubs even, is more prevalent here. Maybe i am just mixing in the wrong circles in Aus, but I have never witnessed so many immoral and corrupt situations as i have here, and if that is my experience i cannot see it any other way!

You have no idea how much restraint i am using not to mention some things i have seen in the area i am working lately.

Thanks for giving me something interesting to perouse!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

livinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of light

are you commercially niave to keep this discuission going.

Look in history its part of human nature, that we all want self gain..
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginwa
are you commercially niave to keep this discuission going.

Look in history its part of human nature, that we all want self gain..
I fail to see how continuing this one can be "commercially naive" - as far as I can see, there is nothing commercial about this discussion thread at all.

Yes we do all look out for number one, it is part of the animal survival instinct - the big difference is that some societies acknowledge that there are expectations for backhanders and graft. If a country promotes itself as being "above all that" then they do need to be called on it!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:22 pm
Banned

doll is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fleaflyfloflum,
l have been following this thread with interest. However l have been totally bemused by some of the replies to your posts. My advice to you would be; RUN, RUN ! come home, love, the inmates have taken over the asylum.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll

I think the surprise of the OP is that one would expect Australia to be far less corrupt than it actually appears to be. Once that sort of behaviour impacts you directly it does come as a bit of a shock to the system because you dont expect it in a country like this. Once you have seen it though you do become attuned to the way in which it subtly works. Similar incidents in UK would be immediately slammed as being just another example of how cr*p the place is. However, in Aus, underhand, incompetent and often criminal behaviour is swept under the carpet. You dont have to look far to see it really - just look at NSW, that would be front page news in the Daily Fail in UK!
I think that's it, for me. I don't know much about Oz, but Quoll has nailed it, IMHO, Australia is not a place that I would normally associate with corruption on a scale shown here. Sure, it happens all over the place, but the perception of Australia, looking from the outside, is that it is supposed to be a laid back, "no worries" place where everyone bumps along nicely.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

livinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of light

Country originates from Criminals..............come on ,,,,,,is the a for real discussion.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginwa
Country originates from Criminals..............come on ,,,,,,is the a for real discussion.
It really would help if you could construct your sentences so they made sense and then we may have a clue what you mean.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:57 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
It really would help if you could construct your sentences so they made sense and then we may have a clue what you mean.

I think i'm a marked woman Q

the barbie mafia is out to get me! Can you see the fear in my eyes?

Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Flee, you must be worn out with all this carry on now
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:09 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Flee, you must be worn out with all this carry on now
Ummm.. not really. I'm happy to throw them a fish now and again when i'm not busy

Saying that, I am off work today with a tummy bug. Been up half the night, so i am tired.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yup!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ummm.. not really. I'm happy to throw them a fish now and again when i'm not busy

Saying that, I am off work today with a tummy bug. Been up half the night, so i am tired.
Sorry to hear that Flea - me too!!!! Must be something going the rounds!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ehhh???

Beam me up scottie. Have i landed on Mars?
God know life on Mars is better!!!!! I have been lucky not to have any bad experiences with British Police...now I am not saying that there are not any corrupt British Police but I have certainly known a few here in Aus who certainly bend the rules for themselves....ie tell friends and family where booze busters are....take bribes.....then leave the force and get jobs as other well paid government employees.....speeding and get away with it......I do find that people do paint Australia as a near perfect place to live with hardly any crime, corruption.....where as in he U.K you only have to fa-t and its in the newspapers......I think there in is the difference......
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:32 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Australia IS corrupt!

I am sick of this kind of thing

see this link

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=64821

How the hell can you have 8,742 of these pics by accident!!! :curse:

And then be given a suspended sentence??? hellooo? :curse:
The biggest miscarriage of justice surely has to be OJ Simpson..oh and by the way, what does this have to do with Returning to the UK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.