Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Kids In Uk & Usa, Facts In Oz Too

Kids In Uk & Usa, Facts In Oz Too

Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids In Uk & Usa, Facts In Oz Too

I knew it wouldnt be long before the godzoners picked up on the kids worse off in the UK and USA. LOOK at the real facts re Oz too on the national news in www.thewest.com.au.

or read below

15th February 2007, 6:30 WST

Australian children are growing up in poorer households, dying more often in their first year of life and suffering more fatal injuries when compared with children living in the world’s other rich nations.

A comprehensive UNICEF report on the wellbeing of children in more than 20 “economically advanced” countries shows that nearly 10 per cent of young Australians live in households where no adult is employed — the highest rate of all OECD countries except Hungary.

On a combined measure of infant mortality rates, immunisation and accidental deaths, Australian children placed 14th out of 25 nations.

Though infant mortality rates have fallen, the report shows that for every 1000 live births in Australia nearly five babies will die before their first birthday — placing Australia 16th on the list.

Australian Medical Association president Dr Mukesh Haikerwal said the appalling standard of health among indigenous Australian children had overshadowed the high standards set in other areas of infant care.

“The numbers around indigenous health are shocking on every single parameter and it’s actually worse than not just the OECD but the rest of the developing world as well,” Dr Haikerwal said. “If that’s what we’re seeing in these overall figures then that’s actually a good thing because we need to really pull our finger out and do something about it.”

Dr
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kids In Uk & Usa, Facts In Oz Too

Originally Posted by thunderbird65
I knew it wouldnt be long before the godzoners picked up on the kids worse off in the UK and USA. LOOK at the real facts re Oz too on the national news in www.thewest.com.au.

or read below

15th February 2007, 6:30 WST

Australian children are growing up in poorer households, dying more often in their first year of life and suffering more fatal injuries when compared with children living in the world’s other rich nations.

A comprehensive UNICEF report on the wellbeing of children in more than 20 “economically advanced” countries shows that nearly 10 per cent of young Australians live in households where no adult is employed — the highest rate of all OECD countries except Hungary.

On a combined measure of infant mortality rates, immunisation and accidental deaths, Australian children placed 14th out of 25 nations.

Though infant mortality rates have fallen, the report shows that for every 1000 live births in Australia nearly five babies will die before their first birthday — placing Australia 16th on the list.

Australian Medical Association president Dr Mukesh Haikerwal said the appalling standard of health among indigenous Australian children had overshadowed the high standards set in other areas of infant care.

“The numbers around indigenous health are shocking on every single parameter and it’s actually worse than not just the OECD but the rest of the developing world as well,” Dr Haikerwal said. “If that’s what we’re seeing in these overall figures then that’s actually a good thing because we need to really pull our finger out and do something about it.”

Dr
I'm sorry, but if that survey came from Today Tonight, then I think we can pretty much dismiss it outright.

No kid of mine is being raised in backward aussieland, that much I can tell you!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THEGREATIDIOT
I'm sorry, but if that survey came from Today Tonight, then I think we can pretty much dismiss it outright.

No kid of mine is being raised in backward aussieland, that much I can tell you!

so what can we believe, uk and usa bottom of class. very unusual for an aussie paper to put themselves under spotlight like that. my kid in uk doing well,my eldest in oz doing well. thats why i rather read the comic books rather than news now. more truth in them me thinks.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:53 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Can we please stop this "them and us" mentality and instead support each other. It seems threads like these are started more to cause an argument than anything else. This forum is for the discussion of topics relating to moving back to the UK not for the purpose of slagging of Australia.

Thank you