Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

just to say I am going home too - so hello!

just to say I am going home too - so hello!

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:22 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just to say I am going home too - so hello!

Hello!

Some of you will know me from the Canada forum..... I am the shy, quiet one

Anway here's the score: going backs asap to get the kids (4 and 6) settled in to school and me in to Uni, think hub has an interview in Carlisle next week.....

Never been to Carlisle, know nothing about it other than basic googles.

Would like to know if you give me any advice or direction from your own experiences of moving back. Will only have been here for 10 mths, legally have to bring everything back and still have to put the house on the market too......And that's all really, so any info would be great.

I hope you are all well this spring evening
Mrs M xx
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just to say I am going home too - so hello!

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
Hello!

Some of you will know me from the Canada forum..... I am the shy, quiet one

Anway here's the score: going backs asap to get the kids (4 and 6) settled in to school and me in to Uni, think hub has an interview in Carlisle next week.....

Never been to Carlisle, know nothing about it other than basic googles.

Would like to know if you give me any advice or direction from your own experiences of moving back. Will only have been here for 10 mths, legally have to bring everything back and still have to put the house on the market too......And that's all really, so any info would be great.

I hope you are all well this spring evening
Mrs M xx
Take a read back through some of the old threads on this forum. There's info there about securing rental accommodation...bank accounts etc. I believe you'll have to have an address before you can sort your children out with schools.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there! I agree with Jerseygirl, the UK school admissions people of the Councils require confirmation of residency before they will offer you a school place (I've just done this). You'll need a letter from a landlord confirming address the children will be living at, plus I had to give copies of flight tickets showing the children will be back in the UK before you want them to start school.

Hope this helps a bit!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:05 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

It does indeed thank you!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojosan
plus I had to give copies of flight tickets showing the children will be back in the UK before you want them to start school.
Blimey - that's very thorough !
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Blimey - that's very thorough !
I suppose they want to make sure they are not keeping places for children that may not return.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I suppose they want to make sure they are not keeping places for children that may not return.
I E-mailed the school I want my little guy to go to just to get further information. They replied asking for my address (in Canada) and then mailed me an application form, they even sent me an acknowledgement letter to confirm they'd received the application.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I E-mailed the school I want my little guy to go to just to get further information. They replied asking for my address (in Canada) and then mailed me an application form, they even sent me an acknowledgement letter to confirm they'd received the application.
Great...now you've really got the ball rolling. Good luck.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Great...now you've really got the ball rolling. Good luck.
Thanks Jerseygirl My little guy was excited about moving to Ireland until I mentioned that he would still have to go to school that's when his bottom lip fell and he started backing out of the room
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:18 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome to this bit of the site
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Thanks Jerseygirl My little guy was excited about moving to Ireland until I mentioned that he would still have to go to school that's when his bottom lip fell and he started backing out of the room
Ah bless. Whereabouts in T.O. are you...a PM will do.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:19 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Havent got time for long post (at work skiving) but just wanted to give you a wave and say hi!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

G'day Mrs M - from what I have seen, Carlilse is quite nice but just be sure to avoid buying a place in a flood zone! Good luck with the move!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

tajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant future

They have spent alot of money building flood defenses since the floods of Jan 2005. This (see attached pic) should hopefully be a thing of the past. I wouldn't think twice about buying one of the houses that was flooded. In fact, thats one of the areas I'm looking at to live when I return in June.
Attached Thumbnails just to say I am going home too - so hello!-flood.jpeg  
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Hello and welcome to this bit of the site
Tracey just read your quotes "The land" etc well you could also add, humour, manners etc!! just had a "run in" with a driver on the way to the boys school, and those to "faults" certainly shone through (would not mind was not my fault)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.