Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

just had quotes in from shippers

just had quotes in from shippers

Old May 14th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default just had quotes in from shippers

just had quotes in from shippers for taking our stuff back to the u.k. and bear in mind we are taking 2 sofas and a mattress less.. and yep you guessed it, it has come in $600 more than us bringing the same stuff less the above out here. why is everything so expensive here

Brilliant.

Lisa.
Old May 14th 2008, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just had quotes in from shippers

Ah it is just because they want to penalize you for leaving paradise Lisa!!!
Old May 15th 2008, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisas
just had quotes in from shippers for taking our stuff back to the u.k. and bear in mind we are taking 2 sofas and a mattress less.. and yep you guessed it, it has come in $600 more than us bringing the same stuff less the above out here. why is everything so expensive here

Brilliant.

Lisa.
I had a quote from Allied Pickfords for 20ft container...$12,500...they can kiss my peach.

Having 3 more quotes this week from Chess, Kents and Key Bros, so see what they say. But i thought the same as you, it is more expensive to go back, even with less.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:21 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Crap innit

Anything that involves escaping from Ozcatraz seems to be ridiculously expensive
Old May 15th 2008, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Crap innit

Anything that involves escaping from Ozcatraz seems to be ridiculously expensive
It could be a trap to make us all stay here.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

We have come to the conclusion that after living here, Oz is a country run by aliens. They lure you here with promises of a wonderful life, wall to wall sunshine and beautiful beaches then you can't escape. They are brain washing us all and they need us for their master plan. Austar in Robina is their head quarters. You'd think so if you tried working there! It's just down right weird - no offence if you work there and love it!

Last edited by lisas; May 15th 2008 at 1:57 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 15th 2008, 1:57 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

We have come to the conclusion that after living here, Oz is a country run by aliens. They lull you here with promises of a wonderful life, wall to wall sunshine and beautiful beaches then you can't escape. They are brain washing us all and they need us for their master plan. Austar in Robina is their head quarters. You'd think so if you tried working there! It's just down right weird - no offence if you work there and love it!

a company who offered my OH a job wanted him to go through a special induction process into their "way".
Old May 15th 2008, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

See I told you - aliens! Anyone remember V. Give it time and they'll reveal themselves from under the mask of tanned skin and beautiful bodies.
Old May 15th 2008, 2:06 am
South Yarra Sheila

See I told you - aliens! Anyone remember V. Give it time and they'll reveal themselves from under the mask of tanned skin and beautiful bodies.
haha its true I looked on this company's website and they are all pretty attractive and smiley-almost as if they were made of... plastic
Old May 15th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Oh my god Jools thats spooky When I started my job here there where 3 of us and we had a 3 week induction and I kept saying to the other girls all the time I feel like I am being brain washed!

Beam me up scottie

Yep and thats why they ask you 'how are you' in all the shops and say 'oh good' before you have even answered!!!! Yep definately aliens

Last edited by tillysmum; May 15th 2008 at 2:22 am.
Old May 15th 2008, 2:48 am
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Oh my god Jools thats spooky When I started my job here there where 3 of us and we had a 3 week induction and I kept saying to the other girls all the time I feel like I am being brain washed!

Beam me up scottie

Yep and thats why they ask you 'how are you' in all the shops and say 'oh good' before you have even answered!!!! Yep definately aliens
Perhaps Aus is owned by Tom Cruise?
Old May 15th 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Well we all know he's an alien! Wonder which planet he's from? It's a conspiracy, most of us have been brainwashed via our places of employment and schools that we don't even realise it. I'm sure Austar is sending subliminal messages via the TV! Get out while you still can!!!!!!!
Old May 15th 2008, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Has no-one noticed the tattoos that all the aliens have? - the cluster of stars on arms, chest, feet or anywhere else they can fit em, lol.
Old May 16th 2008, 7:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I had a quote from Allied Pickfords for 20ft container...$12,500...they can kiss my peach.

Having 3 more quotes this week from Chess, Kents and Key Bros, so see what they say. But i thought the same as you, it is more expensive to go back, even with less.

$7500 from Melbourne to Cambridgeshire with OSS. Just sorting exact dates at the moment, but they have advised price going up by $350 in June due to fuel costs etc however they will honour old price for all bookings received before end of May

Decisions, decisions........
Old May 16th 2008, 7:32 am
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
$7500 from Melbourne to Cambridgeshire with OSS. Just sorting exact dates at the moment, but they have advised price going up by $350 in June due to fuel costs etc however they will honour old price for all bookings received before end of May

Decisions, decisions........
Hi Valespark

Sorry don't mean to be nosey but can I just ask what is making you leave melbourne?

Jools

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.