Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

just finished work today, for the last time....

just finished work today, for the last time....

Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

andrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default just finished work today, for the last time....

...and life is good fly out next weds. out for a few beers tonight with friends to celebrate. the only downside....got to get up early tomorrow to organise the yard sale we're holding to sell all the rubbish we didn't ship
Old Oct 15th 2006, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all
Default Re: just finished work today, for the last time....

Hope all goes well for you
Old Oct 15th 2006, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your last day.
Good luck with your yard sale- and hope your move goes without hassle.

Whisky
Old Oct 15th 2006, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Good luck mate
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I cried a little bit when I finished work in the US but not too much! Overall it was a good feeling. Good luck with everything that remains to be done.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

andrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrob has a reputation beyond repute

actually ended up cancelling the yard sale as its tipping down with rain today, and we figured it wasn't worth the hassle of getting all our stuff outside all for a few measly dollars. probably a good thing though...celebrated a little too vigorously last night and my head is feeling the consequences....
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:26 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewrob
actually ended up cancelling the yard sale as its tipping down with rain today, and we figured it wasn't worth the hassle of getting all our stuff outside all for a few measly dollars. probably a good thing though...celebrated a little too vigorously last night and my head is feeling the consequences....
lol! have stuff in the garage that I have been meaning to yard sale all summer, now the weathers turned will have to be next year. Congrats on finishing up with work there seems to have been a lot of returnees here just lately I'm v. jealous!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

All the best safe flight home
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

pinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to all

Yes it did tip down yesterday - we were doing the bottle drive with the Scouts. Good luck with your move back. My head is all over the place at the moment, one minute I want to go back next minute husband says he might have a good job offer at work so we will stay a bit longer - goodness knows.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hayley
lol! have stuff in the garage that I have been meaning to yard sale all summer, now the weathers turned will have to be next year. Congrats on finishing up with work there seems to have been a lot of returnees here just lately I'm v. jealous!
yeah i know that feeling....we've been talking about selling off all our stuff for months, we had all summer to sort it out but never got round to it. nows its too late and we're getting a local charity to come by with a truck to take it all away....
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

yeah i know that feeling....we've been talking about selling off all our stuff for months, we had all summer to sort it out but never got round to it. nows its too late and we're getting a local charity to come by with a truck to take it all away....
Have a safe flight home, and hope baby sleeps through it for you.
Just as a thought you could have put your stuff into an auction. Obviously to late for you now, but others should give it a thought, as it can be quite a viable option.
Regards.

Last edited by Sunshine Girl; Oct 17th 2006 at 4:16 am.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

thanks all...this is my last time on here posting from canada, so i will see you all 'on the other side'. to everybody who gave advice, bothered to reply to any questions i had, sent pm's or generally kept in touch i just want to say thanks...it was all really appreciated and very helpful. will try and post when i get chance, back in england...until then....best of British to you all!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

thanks all...this is my last time on here posting from canada, so i will see you all 'on the other side'. to everybody who gave advice, bothered to reply to any questions i had, sent pm's or generally kept in touch i just want to say thanks...it was all really appreciated and very helpful. will try and post when i get chance, back in england...until then....best of British to you all!

See you in Blighty
Old Oct 19th 2006, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

...and life is good fly out next weds. out for a few beers tonight with friends to celebrate. the only downside....got to get up early tomorrow to organise the yard sale we're holding to sell all the rubbish we didn't ship
Good Karma to you and yours!

Last edited by by the sea side; Oct 19th 2006 at 12:50 am. Reason: spelling