Just to confirm....

Old May 26th 2009, 7:40 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just to confirm....

I was just checking weather data for different parts of the UK off last year's statistics. BTW, if anyone knows a place on the web that has 10 year averages for temperature, rainful, sun etc for various places in the UK, let me know.

But it was interesting to me, confirming that the SW is milder in winter than the NE, but not extremely so, and that the NW is wetter. But I plotted them against Victoria, and Victoria has more extremes. I'd forgotten. I was looking at the near 30 degree spikes in the summer and thinking for some people they'd be a plus, but for us they're the miserable times when it's just too stinking hot, and the lack of rain in July and August makes gardening a lot more work. Especially with watering restrictions, which are the norm here, sometimes to extremes.

Summer temperatures and humidity were often unbearable in Ottawa for weeks on end.

So it's definitely each to their own,

Bev
Old May 26th 2009, 7:48 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bevm;7606600] BTW, if anyone knows a place on the web that has 10 year averages for temperature, rainful, sun etc for various places in the UK, let me know. QUOTE]
If anyone finds the above, and it includes mention of zero rainfall in the South, then I'll happily use that as Exhibit 2
Old May 27th 2009, 5:12 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ukintexas;7606628]
Originally Posted by Bevm
BTW, if anyone knows a place on the web that has 10 year averages for temperature, rainful, sun etc for various places in the UK, let me know. QUOTE]
If anyone finds the above, and it includes mention of zero rainfall in the South, then I'll happily use that as Exhibit 2
You are too funny, gathering all the evidence for your Dh to be convinced
Old May 27th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yes, the sun does shine in England

Pics taken yesterday with grandkids at the pool. Fab bank holiday weather and kids had a great time!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=968c368a03
Hi Flea

Sounds like ur settling back in nicely
Any news on the move to Sussex?
Been here a week, is a very nice spot to call home. Hope you've heard and alls moving along nicely.
xxx
Tanya
Old May 28th 2009, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971
Great pics Flea. Just had a depressing email from my UK SIL who says it's all doom and gloom (again!), she must be living in a different Essex to you!!?! Seeing them cheered me up.
same thing happend to me the other day...I told my Oh and he said..."no wonder she feels like that...where she lives the area not nice at all....she hates her job....and one of her daughters is playing up.....I'd want to escape if I had her life"....so sometimes it's not the place/country people want to escape...it can be their lives!!!!!! she came to Aus a few years ago on holiday and her words at the time were "nice but way to quiet"....I think she has forgotten that comment and a few others she also made.....
Old May 28th 2009, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yes, the sun does shine in England

Pics taken yesterday with grandkids at the pool. Fab bank holiday weather and kids had a great time!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=968c368a03
lovely pictures Flea thanks for that.........no wonder you wanted to return home and join your family....little cherubs......my dad says "there is nothing quite like having a grandchild...you can spoil them even more than your own and you can get away with it"....