Just to confirm....

Old May 26th 2009, 12:44 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just to confirm....

Yes, the sun does shine in England

Pics taken yesterday with grandkids at the pool. Fab bank holiday weather and kids had a great time!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=968c368a03
Old May 26th 2009, 12:50 am
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just to confirm....

Nice one! Me and hubby were sitting in the garden (Houston) today and in his quest to convince me here is where we should stay, over the UK, he started spouting off about the weather. I shall be using your pictures as Exhibit 1 in the case of me vs husband in the "let's go home" trial!
Old May 26th 2009, 12:53 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukintexas
Nice one! Me and hubby were sitting in the garden (Houston) today and in his quest to convince me here is where we should stay, over the UK, he started spouting off about the weather. I shall be using your pictures as Exhibit 1 in the case of me vs husband in the "let's go home" trial!
Glad to be of service Just dont mention it rained today
Old May 26th 2009, 12:55 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

Pics taken yesterday with grandkids at the pool. Fab bank holiday weather and kids had a great time!!

Great pics!

and I just realised I can view Facebook from work tonight!!!!!!!!! wooohooooo
Old May 26th 2009, 1:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to mention the downpour and thunder/lightning we had on Sunday, then also how bad the humidity was today and also how bad the mosquitoes can be and to top it off remember to complain about the fire ants

I actually like living here but today as I was helping husband with a tree transplant I stepped into a nest of fire-ants and my feet are throbbing tonight. I detest those evil creatures
Old May 26th 2009, 1:18 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Don't forget to mention the downpour and thunder/lightning we had on Sunday, then also how bad the humidity was today and also how bad the mosquitoes can be and to top it off remember to complain about the fire ants

I actually like living here but today as I was helping husband with a tree transplant I stepped into a nest of fire-ants and my feet are throbbing tonight. I detest those evil creatures
Ewwww. Hope the feet get better soon.

You just reminded me of something that made me smirk at the pool yesterday.
After recently returning from Australia and all the nasty beasties we had to live with down there, I found it extremely amusing that a big hullabaloo erupted poolside yesterday as a child pointed out to his father that a caterpiller was approaching the pool edge The guy frantically called the life guards over to remove it. What did they think it was going to do, devour the toddlers or something?
Old May 26th 2009, 3:00 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It looks lovely, where did you go?
We are still looking for somewhere fun to go in UK for a few days, think pool, play areas, etc etc. So far we've been looking at Haven and something else (I forget the names now)
We'll be there in 2 weeks and 2 days. I think I'll pack summer clothes and few cardies by the look of those pictures.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:38 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to mention the downpour and thunder/lightning we had on Sunday, then also how bad the humidity was today and also how bad the mosquitoes can be and to top it off remember to complain about the fire ants.
And don't forget what it's like in July and August, when it's up in the 90s and humid and you can only go outside a few minutes before burning up and being drenched in sweat. (And the cost of the electricity to run the A/C.) And then there's hurricanes . . . .

So far I'm much happier in the UK climate (admittedly mid/southern part of the country) than I was over there.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:44 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

Nobody sits in their garden in Houston amongst the gigantic mozzies and the humidity and the snakes. Don't stay out there too long as it'll soon be hurricane season again....

Originally Posted by SarahInTX
And don't forget what it's like in July and August, when it's up in the 90s and humid and you can only go outside a few minutes before burning up and being drenched in sweat. (And the cost of the electricity to run the A/C.) And then there's hurricanes . . . .

So far I'm much happier in the UK climate (admittedly mid/southern part of the country) than I was over there.
Now that makes sense
Old May 26th 2009, 6:45 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

:
You said it...
Old May 26th 2009, 6:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

Lovely pics..wish I woz there but business calls for now.....enjoy
Old May 26th 2009, 8:45 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
It looks lovely, where did you go?
We are still looking for somewhere fun to go in UK for a few days, think pool, play areas, etc etc. So far we've been looking at Haven and something else (I forget the names now)
We'll be there in 2 weeks and 2 days. I think I'll pack summer clothes and few cardies by the look of those pictures.
We didnt go anywhere. We have been staying here in this holiday park in Essex since we got back as they allowed us to keep our dog. You can only use the pool area if you stay here, but in all honesty, theres not much else here ot excite the kids so i would look elsewhere.
Haven holidays are good i am told.
Old May 26th 2009, 12:03 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone - I feel like I have a little team behind me

I don't actually dislike it here as such, but would just rather be home. I wish sometimes I did dislike it more as that would make it easier!!!!

So, in aid of my goal, no mention of rain in the UK anymore - right?!!!
Old May 26th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Great pics Flea. Just had a depressing email from my UK SIL who says it's all doom and gloom (again!), she must be living in a different Essex to you!!?! Seeing them cheered me up.
Old May 26th 2009, 4:29 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971
Great pics Flea. Just had a depressing email from my UK SIL who says it's all doom and gloom (again!), she must be living in a different Essex to you!!?! Seeing them cheered me up.
She's probably just not happy with her lot in life.
She should move to Fleas holiday park, it's where the sun shines more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.