Just annoyed

Old Jun 7th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice
Default Re: Just annoyed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Sorry to say this Hutch, but you are sounding quite nasty today. Why do you come in this forum when you call it 'doom-and-gloom-room'? I personally don't think it is all doom and gloom at all, infact, I know it isn't. People in this forum appear to be alot nicer to each other and are usually alot more courteous and thoughtful towards each others feelings than elsewhere on the site, especially the barbie. Why is it that some of you who are quite happy and say you are content with your lives in Oz feel the need to post in the MBTTUK forum anyway? I read some real bullshit in the barbie sometimes, but out of courtesy to other members, I leave it and say nothing. There are certain members on this site who just cannot seem to accept that we all see things differently and live different lives, so in turn, have different experiences to draw from. I will say no more.
'Why is it that some of you who are quite happy and say you are content with your lives in Oz feel the need to post in the MBTTUK forum anyway?'

my thoughts exactly!!!!!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Well said, StGG. I have no idea why those who are living in Paradise would ever bother to wander down here unless it be to stir things up.

None of us are stupid and we all realise that warts grow everywhere we really dont need to be lectured on how we are on the wrong track just because we choose not to like Australia (or somewhere else in the world) and actually prefer to live in UK.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 11:34 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Well said, StGG. I have no idea why those who are living in Paradise would ever bother to wander down here unless it be to stir things up.

None of us are stupid and we all realise that warts grow everywhere we really dont need to be lectured on how we are on the wrong track just because we choose not to like Australia (or somewhere else in the world) and actually prefer to live in UK.

I wander in here because I find you rather a witty bunch (God 'elp me)! When the chips were down for me, I got a lot of support from the people in here mostly by PM and karma and I have never forgotten it. Unfortunately I don't find out how you are getting on in the Barbie so I have to come in here to find out where you all are in life.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:10 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Sorry to say this Hutch, but you are sounding quite nasty today. Why do you come in this forum when you call it 'doom-and-gloom-room'? I personally don't think it is all doom and gloom at all, infact, I know it isn't. People in this forum appear to be alot nicer to each other and are usually alot more courteous and thoughtful towards each others feelings than elsewhere on the site, especially the barbie. Why is it that some of you who are quite happy and say you are content with your lives in Oz feel the need to post in the MBTTUK forum anyway? I read some real bullshit in the barbie sometimes, but out of courtesy to other members, I leave it and say nothing. There are certain members on this site who just cannot seem to accept that we all see things differently and live different lives, so in turn, have different experiences to draw from. I will say no more.
There was a bit of to-and-fro - but it was no worse than what gets said in other areas of the site. I call it the doom-and-gloom room partly in reaction to the constant patronising references to 'godzoners' and partly because it sums up the attitude of some regular users of this section of the site who seem to think that because we ('godzoners') don't constantly bang on about how shite our lives are - that our existence is one never ending parade of joy and happiness.

I read some real bullshit in the barbie too - painfully naive rubbish from people who think that moving to another hemisphere will cure all of life's ills. And like you, I often leave it well alone because I know that within six months they'll be in this section of the site asking about the best shipping companies and telling everyone that they'll never diss the UK again.

The main problem seems to be that whilst those of us who are settled abroad, who like the country we've chosen to live in, have to suck it up when someone spews bile ... in here there's no such leeway with regard the UK. We're all fully aware that we don't live in Paradise (©Quoll 2008) - but we're equally aware that (just like in Oz - and probably NZ and the states) the British roads are full of potholes, the politicians are scheming money-grabbing self-centred bastards and that Snow White doesn't come skipping down a cobbled lane to our house every morning attended by friendly woodland folk, distributing suitcases full of gold and trinkets.

Yes - we all see things differently - but some of us just label it under 'life' and get on with it and some of us place blame where it is not deserved.

Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:28 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
we're equally aware that (just like in Oz - and probably NZ and the states) the British roads are full of potholes
especially the states: many streets in central areas of New York, DC, and Philadelphia remind me of downtown Kampala
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There was a bit of to-and-fro - but it was no worse than what gets said in other areas of the site. I call it the doom-and-gloom room partly in reaction to the constant patronising references to 'godzoners' and partly because it sums up the attitude of some regular users of this section of the site who seem to think that because we ('godzoners') don't constantly bang on about how shite our lives are - that our existence is one never ending parade of joy and happiness.

I read some real bullshit in the barbie too - painfully naive rubbish from people who think that moving to another hemisphere will cure all of life's ills. And like you, I often leave it well alone because I know that within six months they'll be in this section of the site asking about the best shipping companies and telling everyone that they'll never diss the UK again.

The main problem seems to be that whilst those of us who are settled abroad, who like the country we've chosen to live in, have to suck it up when someone spews bile ... in here there's no such leeway with regard the UK. We're all fully aware that we don't live in Paradise (©Quoll 2008) - but we're equally aware that (just like in Oz - and probably NZ and the states) the British roads are full of potholes, the politicians are scheming money-grabbing self-centred bastards and that Snow White doesn't come skipping down a cobbled lane to our house every morning attended by friendly woodland folk, distributing suitcases full of gold and trinkets.

Yes - we all see things differently - but some of us just label it under 'life' and get on with it and some of us place blame where it is not deserved.

If you are settled in Aus why are you posting in this forum? This forum is for people who are/or who are intending to move back to the UK and for people who can help and support them. It appears you don't fit into any of these categories and your sole intention is to antagonise people...therefore would you please stop posting in this forum.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 3:25 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If you are settled in Aus why are you posting in this forum? This forum is for people who are/or who are intending to move back to the UK and for people who can help and support them. It appears you don't fit into any of these categories and your sole intention is to antagonise people...therefore would you please stop posting in this forum.
Antagonise. Ermmm - okay, if you say so. Given the fact that you're restricting where a fully paid up premium member of this site posts (unlike the vast majority of people in here) - does this mean that Quoll, Flea, STG, Triboy and the rest of those people who are "intending to move back to the UK" are now barred from posting in the Australia section? No? Okay - I'd like a reduction in my membership fee next time round then.

Thanks.

Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:06 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Just annoyed

Antagonise. Ermmm - okay, if you say so.
Think she means this whole, replying to every single line of a post and using "ROFL you are an idiot" type stuff. It's alright on alt.flame but on here it just looks like you've lost your temper and it ruins the thread.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:36 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief!

I go away for 5 minutes and now look! Bend over Hutch you need your bottom spanked!

You talk rubbish young laddie. Seond hand cars blah! I just got me a real bargain for £500! Insurance? Only wanted TPFT not worth comp. £184 for the whole year...and thats with ZERO no claims for being out of the country so long.
Sorry mate, but i am with Triboy on the cars issue. Much much cheaper here apart from petrol prices, but i am guessing when you put wages to spend ratio in both countries its probably not so different in either country on that score.

Now pull your pants up and go sit in the corner!
Old Jun 8th 2008, 1:26 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Good grief!

I go away for 5 minutes and now look! Bend over Hutch you need your bottom spanked!

You talk rubbish young laddie. Seond hand cars blah! I just got me a real bargain for £500! Insurance? Only wanted TPFT not worth comp. £184 for the whole year...and thats with ZERO no claims for being out of the country so long.
Sorry mate, but i am with Triboy on the cars issue. Much much cheaper here apart from petrol prices, but i am guessing when you put wages to spend ratio in both countries its probably not so different in either country on that score.

Now pull your pants up and go sit in the corner!

Hi Flea...how's life?

I think alot of this argument is that some people can't understand why some of us like living in the UK. Why it bothers them so much is beyond me.
They should just get on with things and enjoy their new found life-styles and leave the rest to those who are unsettled...simple really

Anyhooooooooooooo...good to be back then Flea?
Old Jun 9th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood
Yet with all that, driving a mile in Australia is still cheaper than in the UK.

Wierd, eh?!
Might be if you think so but a mile and your still nowhere in Aus!! (one: it's k's here in Aus and two: you have to travel further thus more "miles" more petrol more money) here in W.A we do not have MOT's and let me tell you I have seen more "death traps" driving on the roads here than say in Penang!!! that might be one of the causes for the appalling driving we have on the roads here.....