Just annoyed

Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough
Default Just annoyed

This story is one just like the others on this part of the forum except i am homesick slightly but the reason why im considering going back home now is all the f@@@ing red tape in australia and all the bull that goes with it. I find australia after living here for about 3 and half years such a hypocritical society not the people just the laws. I had real trouble with the tra liciencing bullshit and the i dont like my job that much here yet the liciences restrict the type of work i can apply for.Plus last week my car breaks down in the middle of the city the clutch goes, had to get it towed, then today i get demerit points through the post for a speeding fine on an old car - not my day i know. I know nothings easy in life but all the evil little money making scams there are here is ridiculous another example is you have to have a rsa to serve a beer - for fooks sake a beer.
But enough of my bitching about the problems my real question is my girlfriend is aussie and i dont want to go back to the uk without her. So what are the options for me and her to go back to uk should we decide to move back. Because given my current circumstances im considering moving back sooner rather than later - the thought of high food, house, licencing doesnt really apeal to me much more.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Just annoyed

Originally Posted by ozoz
This story is one just like the others on this part of the forum except i am homesick slightly but the reason why im considering going back home now is all the f@@@ing red tape in australia and all the bull that goes with it. I find australia after living here for about 3 and half years such a hypocritical society not the people just the laws. I had real trouble with the tra liciencing bullshit and the i dont like my job that much here yet the liciences restrict the type of work i can apply for.Plus last week my car breaks down in the middle of the city the clutch goes, had to get it towed, then today i get demerit points through the post for a speeding fine on an old car - not my day i know. I know nothings easy in life but all the evil little money making scams there are here is ridiculous another example is you have to have a rsa to serve a beer - for fooks sake a beer.
But enough of my bitching about the problems my real question is my girlfriend is aussie and i dont want to go back to the uk without her. So what are the options for me and her to go back to uk should we decide to move back. Because given my current circumstances im considering moving back sooner rather than later - the thought of high food, house, licencing doesnt really apeal to me much more.
Does your girlfriend want to move to UK?

I understand everything you are saying, the red tape farce is a complete utter farce, anything to make more money out of people!

Yeah..move back, sooner the better, not sure about how she will apply to live there though, but good luck.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

[QUOTE=Nu-Shooz;6432694]Does your girlfriend want to move to UK?

I understand everything you are saying, the red tape farce is a complete utter farce, anything to make more money out of people!

know just what you mean my hubby calls Australia "the land of steal a buck" cause they will get money out of you whatever way they can. :curse:
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:04 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaah, red tape..............did you know there's enough of if to encircle the globe four times, with enough left over to wrap each and every one of us at least twice! We've got so much in Ontario alone you can't get in your car without getting tangled up in it.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:33 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Weird isn't it. We were always led to believe it was only in communist countries.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

charleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto! I'm hearing ya!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:11 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your troubles - sometimes you can look for a few good things about the place if the bad things get to you.

This works where I live.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:05 am
Banned

cathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nice

Originally Posted by bithbheo

know just what you mean my hubby calls Australia "the land of steal a buck" cause they will get money out of you whatever way they can. :curse:
HaHa!!! you think that's bad you should live in New Zealand they bleed you dry there and then charge you for the service and send the debt collectors round to collect it. Hope you get home soon and find a way of getting your girlfriend back with you.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

She could go on a working holiday initially and then take it from there.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:54 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathyc
HaHa!!! you think that's bad you should live in New Zealand they bleed you dry there and then charge you for the service and send the debt collectors round to collect it. Hope you get home soon and find a way of getting your girlfriend back with you.
Uhuh .... and let's not forget the land of the stealth tax (good old blighty) ... some people have such short memories.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:32 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

some people have such short memories.
And some godzoners have an acute sense of denial. All part of the assimilation process I guess
Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:10 pm
Banned

cathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nicecathyc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch
Uhuh .... and let's not forget the land of the stealth tax (good old blighty) ... some people have such short memories.
Like New Zealand doesn't have any taxes? at least you get something back for it in Britain like decent schools and roads.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triboy
And some godzoners have an acute sense of denial. All part of the assimilation process I guess
No rose tints on here mate - I leave all that nonsense to you and the rest of the doom-and-gloom-room. But if you seriously think that bureaucracy is any worse in Australia than in the UK then you're suffering from delusion on a grand scale.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:21 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by cathyc
Like New Zealand doesn't have any taxes? at least you get something back for it in Britain like decent schools and roads.
Couldn't comment on NZ having never visited there, let alone lived there. But out of interest - which roads are you referring to in the UK which are so sensational that they make up for the staggering tax burden placed upon the average British car driver?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:56 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Just annoyed

I leave all that nonsense to you and the rest of the doom-and-gloom-room.
...the staggering tax burden placed upon the average British car driver
Within less than 2 minutes of each other these 2 posts. Must be some sort of hypocrisy demonstration speed typing record for BE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.