Reload this Page >

Junior ISA for kids overseas

Junior ISA for kids overseas

Old Jan 14th 2022, 11:31 am
Just Joined

hsmppune7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Junior ISA for kids overseas

Hi Forum,

I am about to return to the UK at the end of the month. I will be travelling alone initially, and then after setting up a house etc, will get the family along. Effectively I will be in the UK in February, and the kids will follow sometime around June.

Now, I am aware ISAs an a super-efficient tax wrappers provided to UK residents, and one can invest up to 20K GBP annually. There is also the option of a Junior ISA where one can invest up to 9K GBP per child per financial year.

In my situation when I become resident in the UK in February, can I also create Junior ISAs for my kids (who will be moving to the UK in June) for this financial year? How about my spouse, she is eligible for 20K GBP, same as me, but will also arrive with the kids in June.

Please guide.

On a similar note any pointers to a good financial planner, with a flat fee structure would be appreciated. How much do financial planners usually charge in the UK?

Regards