Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The Joy of moving back to a small town

Wikiposts

The Joy of moving back to a small town

Old May 31st 2009, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Joy of moving back to a small town

Don't you just love small towns for rumours and gossip Apparently my husband and I are separated I ran in to a girl I know on the Main Street and mentioned something about my OH and she looked surprised and said "oh I thought you had split up". I guess this is what people think when you move home after 8 years in Canada, with 2 small kids and no husband in sight. I think when he gets home on Thursday (after 2 month away working) we'll have to skip along the main street hand in hand Either that or start a more interesting rumour and see how long it takes to spread.
Old May 31st 2009, 4:56 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all
Default Re: The Joy of moving back to a small town

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Don't you just love small towns for rumours and gossip Apparently my husband and I are separated I ran in to a girl I know on the Main Street and mentioned something about my OH and she looked surprised and said "oh I thought you had split up". I guess this is what people think when you move home after 8 years in Canada, with 2 small kids and no husband in sight. I think when he gets home on Thursday (after 2 month away working) we'll have to skip along the main street hand in hand Either that or start a more interesting rumour and see how long it takes to spread.
Yes you do that and squeeze his bum to!

Carol
Old May 31st 2009, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

MartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud of

The other day, I bumped into someone I used to work with. She said 'Oh... I thought you were dead.'

I live in a small town, incidentally...
Old May 31st 2009, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mabozar
Yes you do that and squeeze his bum to!

Carol
after 2 months away from home I might do more that that
Old May 31st 2009, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MartianTom
The other day, I bumped into someone I used to work with. She said 'Oh... I thought you were dead.'

now that's funny Sorry
Old May 31st 2009, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

MartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud of

now that's funny Sorry
That's okay. I laughed, too.
Old May 31st 2009, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh god i do miss my small town, at least some people knew who you were, whether the thought good or bad of you, they still had some idea who you were, or know your friends, cousins, inlaws, or someone who knew you once

I remember once i left the hospital i worked at for five years and came back and one of the drs asked me if i had been on holiday, ehhhhhh yeah, a bloody long one.
Old May 31st 2009, 7:28 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
oh god i do miss my small town, at least some people knew who you were, whether the thought good or bad of you, they still had some idea who you were, or know your friends, cousins, inlaws, or someone who knew you once

I remember once i left the hospital i worked at for five years and came back and one of the drs asked me if i had been on holiday, ehhhhhh yeah, a bloody long one.
Wait till we catch up about our long weekend in Gippsland
Old May 31st 2009, 11:01 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1243853884

$450k for a 15 room motel

Get Hugh in the kitchen and you behind the bar

This is about 30 mins from Dinner plain (next ski village past Hotham)
Old May 31st 2009, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's such a change after living in Toronto for so long it takes a bit of getting used to. One of the other odd thing was running into ex-boyfriend's at my son's school
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:40 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

thats nice! and to say it to your face
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:40 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

It's such a change after living in Toronto for so long it takes a bit of getting used to. One of the other odd thing was running into ex-boyfriend's at my son's school
Oh No Ild hate that
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

clairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant futureclairemoir has a brilliant future

I live in a small town and yesterday i bumped into an old friend who hadn't even noticed I was away for over a year!! She argued that I had been at her christmas party?!?!? I was on the other side of the world at christmas.... must have been a good party!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:30 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I love nothing better than winding up gossips.

If i were you'd i'd find a male friend or relative and stroll down the road holding their hand and pinch his bum when you see one you know
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:57 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Thats really funny

I would have answered with "I am"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.