Wikiposts

Job offer in UK question

Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:44 am
Just Joined

philchile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer in UK question

I will be moving back to UK with my Latin American wife of 7 years and our kids who are 2-year old twins (who have UK passports). I can meet all the requirements apart from a job offer/contract in the UK for GBP18,600+, as I will be studying in the UK, not working. I can get a job offer from a friend with a small business, but will obviously have no intention of actually accepting it when I am in the UK. Will this work?
Old Mar 16th 2013, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer in UK question

If you don't intend to work in the UK, how will you support your family?
Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:45 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by philchile
I will be moving back to UK with my Latin American wife of 7 years and our kids who are 2-year old twins (who have UK passports). I can meet all the requirements apart from a job offer/contract in the UK for GBP18,600+, as I will be studying in the UK, not working. I can get a job offer from a friend with a small business, but will obviously have no intention of actually accepting it when I am in the UK. Will this work?
Not telling the truth for your spouses application, are you asking if this will work?
Old Mar 16th 2013, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by philchile

philchile, this would be considered deception.

From the UKBA website here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po.../ecg/rfl/rfl4/
RFL4.2 When must I refuse under paragraph 320 (7A)?

When you have evidence that the applicant, regardless of age, has used deception, made a false statement or given false information (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or withheld a material fact in an application, either orally (at interview) or in writing.
The consequences of which can be found here http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sit...df?view=Binary

7.25. Applicants who have been refused entry clearance after having used deception in their
applications will have any future applications they make refused for ten years.
The good news though, is that you can apply your savings towards any shortfall in your income. In your case you will need to have had 62,500gbp in the bank for 6 months, you won't need additional funds for the twins as they are UKC's.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

laconic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.

I am a UK citizen and my wife (not a UK citizen) is going to be applying for a settlement visa for us to both move back to the UK together.

I was also wondering about being offered a job, but not accepting it once in the UK. I have a friend who would like me to work for her and is prepared to offer me a job.

However, it is not somewhere I would like to live and not something I would like to do.

Is it acceptable to submit this job offer?
Old May 7th 2013, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Have you read the previous posts in this thread?
Old May 8th 2013, 1:01 am
Just Joined

laconic is an unknown quantity at this point

I did read them.

Legally the OP is allowed to move jobs once there. Human rights and all that.

I am asking whether there is a legal obligation to actually work at the job I have been offered.
Old May 8th 2013, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

I've not seen one in the rules.
Old May 8th 2013, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by laconic
I did read them.

Legally the OP is allowed to move jobs once there. Human rights and all that.

I am asking whether there is a legal obligation to actually work at the job I have been offered.
Yes, of course one can change jobs once in the UK, it must happen all the time for various reasons.
The issue here is intent. Tho OP stated that he
will obviously have no intention of actually accepting it when I am in the UK. Will this work?
Would he get "away with it"? ...maybe.
That's not really the point though, is it?
If one did not intend to at least start the job on which one relied as evidence of suitability as a sponsor, one would be giving false information on the application.

RFL4.2 When must I refuse under paragraph 320 (7A)?

When you have evidence that the applicant, regardless of age, has used deception, made a false statement or given false information (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or withheld a material fact in an application, either orally (at interview) or in writing.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po.../ecg/rfl/rfl4/
Old May 8th 2013, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by laconic

I'm too late to edit my last post for clarity but to reiterate my point....

If one did not intend to at least start the job on which one relied as evidence of suitability as a sponsor, one would be giving false information on the application.
You could think of this as your "legal obligation to actually work at the job" you "have been offered".
Old May 9th 2013, 7:56 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by larrabee
I'm too late to edit my last post for clarity but to reiterate my point....

You could think of this as your "legal obligation to actually work at the job" you "have been offered".
If you have been offered a genuine job and signed a contract you may find you were in breach if you choose not to work for them. If you were offered a job and then it turned out not be as expected then you could change for the purpose of your visa.
Old May 10th 2013, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

If I were in your shoes I would ask myself - if I don't find another job or something else I would rather do (eg study) will I start doing this one to get some income while I keep looking? It is probably not a good idea to actually enroll on a course of study until after the visa application