Jimmys Farm

Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:52 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jimmys Farm

Anybody looking for a good old dose of England and its countryside. Try watching Jimmys Farm on Lifestyle channel (Australia)

Not only does it show lots of the gorgeous Suffolk countryside and woodland, but the show itself is great viewing. It follows the trials and tribulations of Jimmy Doherty and his girlfriend who rented 100 acres of farm land to start an orgaince free range pig farm.
They are a lovely young couple and the series has become essential viewing for me as i have become very attached to them all and their story.
His compassion and good nature is rare these days. I sooo hope it all becomes a big success. They really deserve it
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmys Farm

Flea, not giving anything away, but I watched this series in England before coming here, and they're on about their 3rd series now!!

I agree, great programme
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:18 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojosan
Flea, not giving anything away, but I watched this series in England before coming here, and they're on about their 3rd series now!!

I agree, great programme
Ahh thanks for that. I just did a search and found their website. It seems they have a good business going now. I would like to take a trip up there when we get back.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:21 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Ahh thanks for that. I just did a search and found their website. It seems they have a good business going now. I would like to take a trip up there when we get back.
I would do it quickly, things are getting tight for Jimmy at the moment.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:36 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I will admit to flicking to it the other night but soon flicked off it when they started on about killing their own pigs and showed him carrying a pig sqealing!

I am a complete wus and cannot watch anything being killed or about to die.....not even safari programmes.

All meat, in Tracy Land, comes from the supermarket you see
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:08 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I will admit to flicking to it the other night but soon flicked off it when they started on about killing their own pigs and showed him carrying a pig sqealing!

I am a complete wus and cannot watch anything being killed or about to die.....not even safari programmes.

All meat, in Tracy Land, comes from the supermarket you see
lol.. he doesnt kill them himself. That pig was only being carried to another fresh paddock as they couldnt get him to move!

At least his pigs have a damn good life until meeting their sticky end unlike most of them who are kept in a pen and cant even turn round.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:09 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Without giving too much away, you really feel for him as you work your way through the series and follow all the fun/funny stuff but also serious heartache.

He seems a genuinely nice chap (although the pragmatist in me sometimes thinks he is a bit out of touch with reality!) It is such a refreshing change from so much of the typical fly on the wall cr*p that passes for TV these days. I wish there were more uplifting and touching progs like this instead of so much negative and sensationalist rubbish.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:17 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I would do it quickly, things are getting tight for Jimmy at the moment.
That is a real shame. Hope things pick up for them
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:18 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by dunroving
Without giving too much away, you really feel for him as you work your way through the series and follow all the fun/funny stuff but also serious heartache.

He seems a genuinely nice chap (although the pragmatist in me sometimes thinks he is a bit out of touch with reality!) It is such a refreshing change from so much of the typical fly on the wall cr*p that passes for TV these days. I wish there were more uplifting and touching progs like this instead of so much negative and sensationalist rubbish.
Totally agree D. It is a joy to watch someone with passion getting off their backside and giving it a go.