Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Jerseygirl, you were right

Wikiposts

Jerseygirl, you were right

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:15 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jerseygirl, you were right

I have just gone thorugh the most horrendous 24hrs.

I have a cyst on my back, which, several days ago really flared up, so much so that had a 10cm very painful lump on my back near my right shoulder blade.
To cut a long story short. I ended up at A&E where a surgeon said I must have it drained. Because of my breathing and heart prolems of late, they decided that I cant have a general aneathestic, so had to have it done with a local..... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can honestly say it was one of the worst experiences of my life.
I freely admit i ended up sobbing on the table More due to the fact i was so totally drained of any more emotional strength and this was the straw that broke the camels back. I think i must have sobbed for a good half an hour.

I am typing form the hospital ward where i have yet another intravenous drip full of antibiotics

Jerseygirl, you were right about the cost of that heart test. OH had to phone them up this morning to cancel it as i obviously cant have that done today as planned. He was met with a very rude receptionist who had no empathy whatsoever and merely bemoaned the fact that I had just cost them $600 in wasted material for the tests which have no shelf life.
If i had enought strength I would totter over to their department and shove her $600 gunk up her backside!! :curse:
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Erica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really nice
Default Re: Jerseygirl, you were right

What a horrible experience you have just been through. I hope you get out of hospital soon. I am sending some virtual hugs from Canada
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Flea life is really throwing everything at you at the same time isn't it?

I don't believe it...I have a cyst on my back in the same place!! I first noticed it when I was about 19...so it's been with me for quite some time. I know they can suddenly flare up...but the doctors have always told me to leave it alone unless it becomes a problem.

I hope you feel better soon and look forward to hearing a blow by blow account when you feel up to it.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:38 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Oh Flea life is really throwing everything at you at the same time isn't it?

I don't believe it...I have a cyst on my back in the same place!! I first noticed it when I was about 19...so it's been with me for quite some time. I know they can suddenly flare up...but the doctors have always told me to leave it alone unless it becomes a problem.

I hope you feel better soon and look forward to hearing a blow by blow account when you feel up to it.
Thanks Erica

Yes, This thing just suddenly flared up about 5 days ago. Doc reckons that because of all my other health issues my immune system is shot to threads so i am prone to getting one thing after another because of it.
Being an insulin dependant diabetic just makes it worse!

I think i am going to have to take a large dose of happy pills till i am over all this. I am not coping too well at the moment
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Thanks Erica

Yes, This thing just suddenly flared up about 5 days ago. Doc reckons that because of all my other health issues my immune system is shot to threads so i am prone to getting one thing after another because of it.
Being an insulin dependant diabetic just makes it worse!

I think i am going to have to take a large dose of happy pills till i am over all this. I am not coping too well at the moment
Hang in there...you're strong...you can get through all this.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Flea {{{hugs}}} Life's a b*tch sometimes, you guys are really doing it tough!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 2:57 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by quoll
Oh Flea {{{hugs}}} Life's a b*tch sometimes, you guys are really doing it tough!
Thanks Q.

I wouldnt wish all this crap on my worst enemy... truly.

My Aussie friend has just been to visit me.She said, if someone wrote a novel about your luck over the last few months they would say it was too far fetched!!!

I think I have become a little emotionally numb. Probably my brains way of coping with it all. Much of the time i dont seem to have an emotion left, then suddnely i get overwhelmed and fall to pices for half an hour. I guess thats better than falling to pieces permanently!

Hey, this morphine is good stuff too! I reckon I could get used to this stuff permanently
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:02 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Q.

I wouldnt wish all this crap on my worst enemy... truly.

My Aussie friend has just been to visit me.She said, if someone wrote a novel about your luck over the last few months they would say it was too far fetched!!!

I think I have become a little emotionally numb. Probably my brains way of coping with it all. Much of the time i dont seem to have an emotion left, then suddnely i get overwhelmed and fall to pices for half an hour. I guess thats better than falling to pieces permanently!

Hey, this morphine is good stuff too! I reckon I could get used to this stuff permanently
Hello Flea, I am sorry to hear about this fresh blow to your health, I hope you pick up soon.
My GP has had words with me about stress and how it can make you susceptible to illness, (long story, needless to say if prescriptions for flights out of here could be got he would have written one) I think you may be in this position, stress is more powerful and destructive than people think. Just a thought, take great care of yourself honey.
Hugs M.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

flea, hang in there pet, your luck has to turn at some point.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:27 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by meljor
Hello Flea, I am sorry to hear about this fresh blow to your health, I hope you pick up soon.
My GP has had words with me about stress and how it can make you susceptible to illness, (long story, needless to say if prescriptions for flights out of here could be got he would have written one) I think you may be in this position, stress is more powerful and destructive than people think. Just a thought, take great care of yourself honey.
Hugs M.
Thanks Mel. I guess you could be right. Just cant believe it all coming at once.
I am sure there are people here who think i am making all this up. Cant blame them i guess, and also it gets boring reading one persons endless maladies, but i am stuck here unable to move, go out or do anything, so this place and others i visit are my only offloading point right now when OH is not here.

Thanks for your thoughts kporte. I hope it changes soon!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon Flea when things start to go well for you it will happen in style I won't be surprised if I hear you've one the lottery Hang in there
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:56 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I reckon Flea when things start to go well for you it will happen in style I won't be surprised if I hear you've one the lottery Hang in there
You reckon?? Geez wouldnt that be good!!? Nearly worth all the shit for!

I am seeing surgeon tomorrow as they cant operate to remove the cyst until the infection cleared.

Oh jolly dee... I wish i could get my feistiness back though.. cant even fight with the barbie right now
Old Nov 4th 2008, 11:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

You reckon?? Geez wouldnt that be good!!? Nearly worth all the shit for!

I am seeing surgeon tomorrow as they cant operate to remove the cyst until the infection cleared.

Oh jolly dee... I wish i could get my feistiness back though.. cant even fight with the barbie right now
I misunderstood before...I thought you'd had it removed before you started the thread. I thought it was strange because AFAIK they usually won't remove an infected cyst until it's been treated with antibiotics. Although my cousin had one under her tongue which suddenly started to swell...obviously it had to be removed immediately.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:02 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I misunderstood before...I thought you'd had it removed before you started the thread. I thought it was strange because AFAIK they usually won't remove an infected cyst until it's been treated with antibiotics. Although my cousin had one under her tongue which suddenly started to swell...obviously it had to be removed immediately.
No, no, sorry I might not of explained properly. It had swollen up so much and got infected so they have had to drain it... blueggghhhh gross i know.
I'm not sure what they will say tomorrow as i am certainly not allowing them to remove it whilst i am awake!!!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

No, no, sorry I might not of explained properly. It had swollen up so much and got infected so they have had to drain it... blueggghhhh gross i know.
I'm not sure what they will say tomorrow as i am certainly not allowing them to remove it whilst i am awake!!!
They may give you a sedative. You can tell them what level of sedation you want...or at least you can here. I always say I don't want to see, hear or feel anything. Recovery is much quicker and it is much safer than a general anesthetic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.