It's a wonderful life

Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

stardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of light
Default It's a wonderful life

Well like a lot of people on this forum arrived back in England a couple of days ago
As soon as the plane was landing the captain announced that the weather in Manchester was cloudy and raining. Me and the kids just looked at each other and laughed. We knew it!
Anyway since we have been home it has been non-stop rain but you know what I don't care! Just seeing England in a whole new different light now. Everything looks so green and so beautiful!
My mum is inbetween treatment at the moment and doing really well. Seeing my kids jump into her arms when we got back was such a good feeling.
Spent the day with my brother, sister in law and baby nephew. Couldn't stop smiling just so happy to be back with them all.
After 6 months in Australia I really feel like the mild depression I have had there has lifted now. Finally feel like myself again
Anyway hence the name of the title. You know in the film he has to die to appreciate how his life was so good before I had to go away from England and my old life to really appreciate it
If any of you are stuck in Oz and feeling miserable I would suggest jumping on the plane and coming home. Give it two years and get citizenship my arse!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's a wonderful life

Originally Posted by stardust
Well like a lot of people on this forum arrived back in England a couple of days ago
As soon as the plane was landing the captain announced that the weather in Manchester was cloudy and raining. Me and the kids just looked at each other and laughed. We knew it!
Anyway since we have been home it has been non-stop rain but you know what I don't care! Just seeing England in a whole new different light now. Everything looks so green and so beautiful!
My mum is inbetween treatment at the moment and doing really well. Seeing my kids jump into her arms when we got back was such a good feeling.
Spent the day with my brother, sister in law and baby nephew. Couldn't stop smiling just so happy to be back with them all.
After 6 months in Australia I really feel like the mild depression I have had there has lifted now. Finally feel like myself again
Anyway hence the name of the title. You know in the film he has to die to appreciate how his life was so good before I had to go away from England and my old life to really appreciate it
If any of you are stuck in Oz and feeling miserable I would suggest jumping on the plane and coming home. Give it two years and get citizenship my arse!
Great post!

Sounds like you had the same scenario as me, 6 months in Oz and then came back and are very happy to be home in the UK!!

"Give it two years and get citizenship my arse"...lol I like it! Those were my thoughts exactly, although I had to convince myself for a while!

Glad you're happy again anyway!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome HOME!!!
Long may your happiness continue. And, "us Southerners", by the way havent had any rain. In a T Shirt all day. Dont know what you Northerners are going on about
Enjoy and best wishes
C
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

Great post!!

Totally agree that people should just come home rather than stay & be miserable. I felt a million times better the minute i landed a heathrow!!

Its rained non stop since bing here but im loving it!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

So glad you're home and happy. long may it continue!
Enjoy
T
xx
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

mmm....Citizenship...2 times here....not settled....citizenship my arse too.

Really pleased things are working out and you are happy...long may those feeling continue

LibbyX
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:04 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

WELCOME HOME

Great to hear that you are so happy to be back and enjoying it so much. Life is great here isn't it despite the weather. I'm sure that the sunny warmth will return again very soon though.

Funny how it's such an awful decision to return and yet the minute you land it just all falls into place doesn't it?

Love that statement Citizenship my arse!! Classic
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:49 am
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all

Oh what a wonderful life.....how true. Sometime you just need to get away to appreciate what you have.

I love that "Citizenship my arse". My husband wanted an indefinate RRV for NZ, just in case we wanted to retire there when we were older. Well if I can't leave my town in my 30's there aint no way I want to leave in my 50's/60's. But I just laughed and said we'll need the NHS then!!!.

Good luck and I hope you get settled quickly.

Jo
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:05 am

chopsface will become famous soon enoughchopsface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JoB
Oh what a wonderful life.....how true. Sometime you just need to get away to appreciate what you have.

I love that "Citizenship my arse". My husband wanted an indefinate RRV for NZ, just in case we wanted to retire there when we were older. Well if I can't leave my town in my 30's there aint no way I want to leave in my 50's/60's. But I just laughed and said we'll need the NHS then!!!.

Good luck and I hope you get settled quickly.

Jo
I'm happy for you Stardust! best wishes to you and your family and have a potato cake for me.
katiex
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Great post

glad you are happy again, sounds as if you have found a real sense of contentmant. We are in similar situation and lasted 6 months, we go home in 2 weeks and 3 days, yipee cant wait to be more like my old self and appreciate things alot better,

sj x
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

stardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Great post

glad you are happy again, sounds as if you have found a real sense of contentmant. We are in similar situation and lasted 6 months, we go home in 2 weeks and 3 days, yipee cant wait to be more like my old self and appreciate things alot better,

sj x
Those two weeks will fly by - now I am back feel I never went to Australia. It's weird
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

scoobydoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, really happy things are settled for you all,and that you are happy.

Just a quickie on the citizenship thingy, - me and my husband disliked oz from almost 6 months of being here, and were very much ready to go back to the UK there and then. As things materialised, we decided to stay purely for the sake of my oldest boys education. As a result, we decided to go for citizenship before we leave later this year, and I have to say I am so glad we did. We have had some really fab times here ( and some shit ones too), but I recon you have to add up whats important to you.

My son will complete year 12 in November this year, and will finish his education a year ahead of what he would have done in the UK (his birthday was in September). I am dead proud of him for working hard enough to attain A's and B's in his work here and proud of ourselves for sticking it out to get citizenship. Whilst being here I was awarded a scholarship to study as a nurse, and will have aquired extra qualifications prior to leaving Oz. We have met some fab Australians and good English friends too, but my heart was always in returning to England regardless.

I am happy for you that you got what you wanted... each to their own. My reasoning was... it cost us a lot of money and stress to come here in the first place, and I did not want to go home empty handed.

Please keep us uptodate with how its going for you all.... a great source of advice and support for others.........
Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Think what you did was right for you it is all horses for courses isn't it. My own feelings were overwhelming me in Australia and can honestly say I am positive I wouldn't have felt better being there longer and getting citizenship.