It's a sad day

Old Mar 10th 2014, 4:33 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's a sad day

Good luck to you too Adam. Hope everything goes well for you and your family.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:08 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Well the flights are booked! We leave from Christchurch airport on 3rd May. Feel scared, sad and excited too. Were going to pop down to the South Island before we go, hence flying from Christchurch.

No luck with my job. They said I can re-apply in around 6 months time so hopefully I will have found something better and I wont have to re-apply. I loved that job but thats the way it goes. Hubby may have a job offer on the table so at least 1 of us will be working.

Hows everyone else getting on?
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Scary and exciting all at once.

South Island in May should be quite spectacular if the weather is kind. Head to Hamner,

Back in time for late Springtime.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:05 am
Iwannagohome.

pintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nice

Sorry to hear about the job Pippalonghorn, but really hope it all works out in the end for the best. Good luck with your return, be happy! xxpintaguinness
Old Mar 16th 2014, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

britsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Pippa, May is a great time to being going home IMHO. Hope the job front works out really well for you both.
As an aside, what do you reckon the best/worst bits have been for you and your family?

I bet it's a bit manic again, buying/selling packing, but exciting also. Don't forget to keep a big old pillow out to smash the crap out of when the stress becomes a bit too much. I wish you good times in your remaining weeks here, good luck chuck.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news for pippa! So pleased for you. NZ is a great place, but it has been a very hard journey for some of us, mainly down to the cost of living and the ever-shrinking chance of ever being able to afford to buy a house, especially so in Auckland. I feel for young and future Kiwi's who too will have the same problem.

The packing/shipping stuff is VERY stressful. We just finished doing that and are now living in furnished accommodation in the city which means that we can chill and enjoy the last of our time here. Do get all of that stuff done asap, so you'll have time to unwind before you fly!

We too go home in May, it will be an exciting month!
Old Mar 16th 2014, 11:41 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Originally Posted by britsinnz
Wow Pippa, May is a great time to being going home IMHO. Hope the job front works out really well for you both.
As an aside, what do you reckon the best/worst bits have been for you and your family?

I bet it's a bit manic again, buying/selling packing, but exciting also. Don't forget to keep a big old pillow out to smash the crap out of when the stress becomes a bit too much. I wish you good times in your remaining weeks here, good luck chuck.
Thanks britsinnz. The best bits have been seeing the beautiful scenery, walking along gorgeous beaches, plodging in the sea at winter time, wearing t-shirts constantly, working with the homeless guys at the shelter, spending so much time with my little girl, working with and meeting so many different cultures and also learning alot about myself whilst here. Oh and bottle feeding the lambs.

The worst bits were the cold damp flat in the winter, not being able to afford to get onto the property ladder missing family too much, being totally skint (although budget lessons have been learned) and also realising that our dream was not to be.

I will easily forget the bad times, but ill never forget the good times.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful news pippa! All the best with your move back

It is hard to let dreams go but it is also very liberating!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 6:34 am
Looking for my marbles.

Originally Posted by Assanah
Wonderful news pippa! All the best with your move back

It is hard to let dreams go but it is also very liberating!
Thank you.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your return Pippa and family. I'm sure you will settle back into UK life and look back fondly on the good times you had here in NZ.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 6:55 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Thankyou cappuccino. I just hope little one remembers living here.