It's a sad day

Old Mar 6th 2014, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Deley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's a sad day

I really hope that common sense prevails and they will allow a Skype or telephone interview especially has you have worked there before. Surely they must see able to see reason. Maybe worth telephoning your bosses boss in person....sometimes its easy for people to hide behind emails. Nothing to loose and then at least you can feel satisfied you have done all you can do.
Fingers crossed for you.

Good luck
Old Mar 6th 2014, 12:20 am
Just Joined

Meg and Mog has a brilliant futureMeg and Mog has a brilliant futureMeg and Mog has a brilliant futureMeg and Mog has a brilliant futureMeg and Mog has a brilliant futureMeg and Mog has a brilliant futureMeg and Mog has a brilliant future

I just wanted to say I really feel for you and good luck. I appreciate how hard it is to secure a job from the other side of the world. Like others have posted you can only try one last push to convince them you are the right person for the job. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Fingers crossed x
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:07 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou everyone for your encouragement and advice. I am really grateful. I have contacted work and my boss is away on holiday for a week. I have e-mailed and I have also called in a few favours from a few contacts I have.

I have had a long think today. Its not NZ I am frustrated with it is myself. Im sad that I have not settled here as it is a beautiful country but I cant help it. It isn't NZ's fault that circumstances have not been in our favour. Only I can change things and so the three of us are taking a chance and are all going home together. Davros is right that plenty of people do it and survive.

This site has given me alot more than friendly chats and discussions. I have made good friends and had some fab advice. I hope I can do the same for you guys some time. Thankyou.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

britsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, told you them ruby slippers work. Good luck for your lives Pippa, I'll miss you on here, always gave me a smile.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 4:10 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britsinnz
Yay, told you them ruby slippers work. Good luck for your lives Pippa, I'll miss you on here, always gave me a smile.
Oh I'll still be around. Can't get rid of me that easy!
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

pippalonghorn..Just wishing you luck if the job doesnt work make a new plan and look to the future. Never give up on your dreams but focus on what you can do and save while you are making your plans....When I first came to the US and I was so lonely and desperate to go home I let other things get in the way and should have focused on going home not making the best of a bad decision. So keep your chin up and dont let anything get in your way.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 6:40 pm
Looking for my marbles.

Thankyou tottytrue. Its nice to talk to people who have been through it and understand. Hope everything worked out for you.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Well not yet waited too long but while I've got breath in my body I will still make my plans
Old Mar 6th 2014, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Pippa, London is going gang busters at the moment. My daughter has been in and out of hospital for 5 months and lost her job. As soon as she showed ready last week she has had dozens of agents. All offering more money for essentially the same job ( and although she is good at her job she is not a brain surgeon)

The growth is spreading. Push your old company, as they will NOT find it easy to recruit good staff. The boot is very definitely moving to the other foot.

Good luck
Old Mar 7th 2014, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will get the job!!!

If not. There are alternatives! We went back without a job. We lived at my parents for while (I am bloody 42years old) lol. OH managed to find a job after a few weeks. Not the perfect job but it pays the rent while we are searching for better jobs. It can be done. All the best
Old Mar 7th 2014, 7:18 pm
Looking for my marbles.

I keep thinking that at 41 years old my life should be un-complicated!

It's all good though, makes you more interesting!
Old Mar 7th 2014, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

britsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond reputebritsinnz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
Oh I'll still be around. Can't get rid of me that easy!
Great to hear.

Have you got a going home date yet?
Old Mar 7th 2014, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Deley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond repute

I keep thinking that at 41 years old my life should be un-complicated!
I am 45 with a complicated life so your not doing too bad...lol
Old Mar 9th 2014, 8:50 pm
Looking for my marbles.

We made a date to be back in the UK for 25th April..... then we saw the prices of the flights in April

They are over $1500 more for the 3 of us due to the Easter Break. The prices increase for the whole of April and so we may be flying at the begining of May. Hubby is taking a holiday from work on Friday so we can book everything.

I feel alot better than I did when I started this post. Im just scared now but thats natural for me. I can cope with feeling scared.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Adamg9331 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell me about it I have just booked my wife and sons flights (fly out Easter Monday) and 2 days after that the flights double

My wife and son will live in the UK until she can get the required earnings so I can apply to go

Good luck with your move

Adam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.