It's raining again!!!

Old Aug 20th 2004, 1:05 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice
Default Re: It's raining again!!!

Originally Posted by Corkhead
Excuse me for having my own opinion mate, I thought that was what this forum is about!!!! Looks like you are the "cockhead"

In "my own opinion mate" you are a cockhead
Old Aug 20th 2004, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Corkhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh you have brightened my dreary British afternoon on the Isle of Wight (hense Corkhead) with your great opinion!! and I do value your opinion seems as you are a senior member!!

Last edited by Corkhead; Aug 20th 2004 at 1:37 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

When we were out in NSW recently people were praying for rain.
Livestock was dying and the price of lamb rose by 30%.

Farmers were getting desparate and there are already worries about the bushfires to come.
Never mind the damage prolonged dry spells do to houses etc.

There is nothing wrong with rain.

Humans actually need water to survive

G
Old Aug 21st 2004, 10:47 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
When we were out in NSW recently people were praying for rain.
Livestock was dying and the price of lamb rose by 30%.

Farmers were getting desparate and there are already worries about the bushfires to come.
Never mind the damage prolonged dry spells do to houses etc.

There is nothing wrong with rain.

Humans actually need water to survive

G

Thats right G.....its funny that we moan about what nature gives us..be it good for some and bad for others. My neighbours driveway is now starting to crack up due to all the dryness out here. My garden looks more like a desert and the kids seem to be suffering more with plenty of viruses etc. Water restrictions continue

We had a bit of rain the other day and they said unfortunately it is not hitting the catchment area for the farmers so all in all if this continues the future will be grim for many people and many animals. Judging by todays weather ( and its still winter) we reckon the summer here will be another unbearable one.!!Roll on our return to the UK.

Last edited by Pants; Aug 21st 2004 at 10:50 am.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

NZtoUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Corkhead
Just in case anyone is feeling home sick for the UK, here is a little update of our lovely summer weather, it is absolutley bucketing down with rain, I have just walked 2 minutes from my car to my work and I am drenched.

The poor folk of Cornwall have had there lifes destroyed by floods.

This is the Great British summer!!! My last one I hope (fingers crossed)
Odd but I didn't see a similar post from you when we had back to back weeks of glorious weather.......or didn't that suit your purpose? So the point of your post is to whinge about the English weather.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 10:54 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Consider it a gentle introduction to what Oz has to offer :

- the summer treat : fires destroying thousands of square miles of bush

- large-scale flooding

- months (and even years) without rain

- sun that has only one thing on its mind - skin cancer...yours

Buddy, brace yourself, you ain't seen nothing yet!
I take it your happy to be HOME then?????
Was there anything you liked while you were there
Old Aug 21st 2004, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIMO8
I take it your happy to be HOME then?????
Was there anything you liked while you were there
Yes, but I've said it all before - please find the posts...
Old Aug 21st 2004, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

PBC_1966 will become famous soon enoughPBC_1966 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dunroving
The problem with rain in the UK is not the "coming down in buckets" variety - I think most parts of the South have the UK beat there; it's the insidious, constant, depressing drizzle that differentiates the UK from the US. It never ends. Whereas you get it spread over 200 days of the year, we get it over with in 50 days of short-term downpour followed by steamy streets and sunshine - now, that's my kind of rain!
Indeed. The most torrential downpour I've ever experienced was in South Carolina. It darkened over, there was a huge thunderclap and the sky just opened. I was driving back to my motel room and parked right outside the door, waiting for the rain to let up. In a mad impulsive moment, I decided to make a run for it. Despite it being probably no more than 20 ft. from the car door to my room, I was drenched. It felt the way I would imagine standing under a 1000-gallon water tank which has just burst would feel!

A half hour later I was outside in the sunshine, watching vapor rise from the sidewalks and never saw another drop of rain for weeks.

Funnily enough, on a much smaller scale it's been that way here in eastern Norfolk the last couple of weeks. Quite warm (by English standards) during the day, building up to a thundery atmosphere at night with a quick downpour. Then that lovely smell and walking out into the still warm evening and feeling the humidity following the rain.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 7:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jib
In "my own opinion mate" you are a cockhead
Pray tell why you have that opinion..
Old Aug 21st 2004, 8:49 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: It's raining again!!!

Woah! As I see it, Corkhead's not a cockhead.

Why would you possibly call him a cockhead?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Corkhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Don
Woah! As I see it, Corkhead's not a cockhead.

Why would you possibly call him a cockhead?
Thanks for you kind messages, and the funniest thing about it all is I am a lady!!! (and not the type that's in Little Britain)

Kerry
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

The most sensible things I've heard on this subject actually came from an Australian lady I work with with. She was going on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to London and her/my workmates were giving it the usual "blah blah blah - you'll be freezing, you'll be wet through, you'll be glad to get back to Perth" and she just looked at them as if they were mad and said "but the weather's just the weather".

By the way - she loved London.