It's Official!

Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:58 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's Official!

Originally Posted by northernbird
it isn't true. Someone posted a little while ago some DIAC official figures and they were nowhere near 80%
DIAC figures are based on what you fill in on the departure form when you go through passport control.... So I guess that it's basically accurate, unless peeps make a habit of lying on the immigration form!

To be even more picky on this, I have to mention that, even though the removal companies find that they are shipping to the UK almost as much as they're shipping out.... Are they ALL Brits... Lots of Aussies move the UK every year too. I might also add that although Cricket is going home, her son staying. That means that although the whole of the house is moving the whole of the family is not. So, although the toing and froing may appear to be about to be 80 the actual figure is something quite different!

(Ali skulks off after winding up the OP!)

Last edited by alipally; Jun 26th 2009 at 11:00 am. Reason: Grammar!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
DIAC figures are based on what you fill in on the departure form when you go through passport control.... So I guess that it's basically accurate, unless peeps make a habit of lying on the immigration form!

To be even more picky on this, I have to mention that, even though the removal companies find that they are shipping to the UK almost as much as they're shipping out.... Are they ALL Brits... Lots of Aussies move the UK every year too. I might also add that although Cricket is going home, her son is not. That means that although the whole of the house is moving the whole of the family is not. So, although the toing and froing may appear to be about to be 80 the actual figure is something quite different!

Even DIACs figures can't be completely accurate but I fear Crickets sources aren't anywhere near as accurate or reliable. I don't dispute a lot of people don't like Australia and return but I am sure a lot more stay than go.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1again
I don't think so. Cricket is a happy little bunny with all her options open. She loves England for her work and business opportunities plus all the other good things England offers so yes, Cricket is extremely fond of the UK.
But....because I've been here too long, I have a much loved son getting married to an Aussie girlfriend and setting up home here. He is also the agent for my business in Oz so I have to keep a home and look out for him here too.

Cricket is now not just a happy little bunny but she's also a lucky little bunny who can choose which side of the world she lives on when she feels like it.

I posted the % to encourage all those who feel a bit lost about moving home. I thought it might make them feel better to know that lots of Brits move here but then go home again.

Does that satisfy you now Mr 28 year old number cruncher happy in Oz?
Please stay in Australia.
The UK needs people who don't refer to themselves in the 3rd person.You do realise you will probably struggle financially and meet a man who claims to be an aristocrat.
He will take all your money and you will no longer be able to afford that studio apartment in Middlesborough .
I and I'm sure others implore you to stay in Australia.
I can't live without the racist insults you send me privately calling me an Scottish alcoholic and a failure.
Please stay and if you want to return in your dotage you could build a raft ,powered by hot air ,with all the self help books you must own.
Think of yourself as a English heroine sent to civilise the colonial inferiors.
You were born for the part.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:08 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

That's a bit mean Kev....

If you're getting horrid PM's you need to send them to Pollyanna and she'll sort it out for you.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:33 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Feel free to post your own reliable figures anyone.

Kev, I'm sending you my own personal greetings via PM. I'm sick of all you blokes picking fights with my female brain. It just can't handle it anymore.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:25 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally

To be even more picky on this, I have to mention that, even though the removal companies find that they are shipping to the UK almost as much as they're shipping out.... Are they ALL Brits... Lots of Aussies move the UK every year too. I might also add that although Cricket is going home, her son staying. That means that although the whole of the house is moving the whole of the family is not. So, although the toing and froing may appear to be about to be 80 the actual figure is something quite different!

My son is following us home after his wedding next Feb. He is marrying an Australian girl and all of her family are coming to the UK too. My daughter refused to ever come back to Oz so she's in England. The agent for two of the shippers was English and said they had noticed a lot of Brits returning in the last few months especially. This was mostly due to work reasons. That would make sense as a lot of work seems to have disappeared.

One thing.......I don't know if 80% is wrong or correct. It's just a figure that was given to me recently. That's why I said in my earlier post if anyone wants to post what they think are accurate figures, great!
I only posted to give some encouragement to those on the forum who are in such a dilemma about going home.

And the overcrowding thing in the UK............it's ABSOLUTE fact! No argument whatsoever. The UK is so overcrowded because.............

.................................................. .........IT'S SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!!!!!!!

Right, I went to a party last night. Head hurts like hell so I'm off to bed. night night everyone. Don't talk about me when I've gone.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
The UK needs people who don't refer to themselves in the 3rd person.You do realise you will probably struggle financially and meet a man who claims to be an aristocrat.
He will take all your money and you will no longer be able to afford that studio apartment in Middlesborough .
I can't live without the racist insults you send me privately calling me an Scottish alcoholic and a failure.
Please stay and if you want to return in your dotage you could build a raft ,powered by hot air ,with all the self help books you must own.
Brilliant post ! Karma sent .
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is this such an issue?
According to your posts you are someone who can only every see one viewpoint - your own. And you like to twist facts or present gossip as "fact" to support your onw viewpoint.

But because you only ever see your own viewpoint, people enjoy taking the p1$$. It's not an "issue" - just very amusing.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
According to your posts you are someone who can only every see one viewpoint - your own. And you like to twist facts or present gossip as "fact" to support your onw viewpoint.

But because you only ever see your own viewpoint, people enjoy taking the p1$$. It's not an "issue" - just very amusing.
Really? Did you hope I'd be worried or give a stuff? Sorry but I am happy saying and doing whatever I like at the moment. The last 6 weeks of being in Oz is going to be one long celebration so please forgive me if I can't be bothered to get into an argument or debate.
Since I booked my flight, it's like waiting for the gates of heaven to open. I can't take anything or anyone seriously anymore. Not taking the piddle out of you or anything.

Yipppppeeeeeee.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

please forgive me if I can't be bothered to get into an argument or debate.
That post really makes no sense! You seem to be happy to spend a lot of time here at the moment "debating" - sorry, I re-phrase that - telling is your viewpoint again and again and again and again ..... [where is that YAWN smilie when one needs it]
Old Jun 27th 2009, 6:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
That post really makes no sense! You seem to be happy to spend a lot of time here at the moment "debating" - sorry, I re-phrase that - telling is your viewpoint again and again and again and again ..... [where is that YAWN smilie when one needs it]
You're the one still here reading.

However, seriously. I'm really not very good with dealing with the tedium moronitis characters so I am unsubscribing from this thread.
I'll leave you to figure out why, if you're so blissfully happy living in Oz as you say, you yourself spend so much time on the MBTTUK forum.

Hugs.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Found the information from the shippers interesting, if you asked removalists here they tell you they take em up to Queensland from Victoria, drop them off and bring others back, guess its the same for the shippers.

I make up my mind to do things and just do it and tell people later, I am bemused at people going back who keep on about it as though they are really not sure,and want reassurance that they are doing the right thing.

Another reason I would just go because if I did not like it and wanted to come back I would not tell anyone either.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 6:53 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
<snigger>
Old Jun 27th 2009, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll leave you to figure out why, if you're so blissfully happy living in Oz as you say, you yourself spend so much time on the MBTTUK forum.
I don't read MBTTUK. I read "Todays' Posts" - the ones with interesting titles or started by amusing posters such as yourself : Look at the cream bar at the top and you'll see the "Today's Post" button.

As for you "unsubscribing from your thread" ... where have I heard that before? Oh yes, that would be some of the other threads that you've started recently
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

AS Cricket1 has just broiught a ban upon herself the thread and the subject are now closed.