It's not all Bad........

Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:26 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's not all Bad........

The world is not made up of black and white, but many shades of grey...

Empathy is a virtue..
Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:29 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Hey, I still LOVE the UK....it don't matter to me if the UK is in a recession. I'm not an idiot, I know that there are companies that are failing because of it and that there are companies that can actually thrive amazingly during this bad time. I'm not a UK hater, or down-putter, or a slagger-off....'kin'ell I love my country and want to be back there so much it ain't true! My disagreement is your perception of those that are in debt and having a hard time...you think we've brought it all on ourselves and that we love to blame someone other than ourselves. It's just that you're generalising Cricket, that's all

Ruby, it wasn't that long ago you were on these boards posting about leaving your husband high and dry while you took off. Then you openly slated your husband's character quite fervently. Then you decided you were better off sticking with him rather than face financial uncertainty by moving back to the UK alone.
Are you sure you want to start taking the moral high ground?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

When you start a thread, you cannot force every contributor to agree with you.

Cricket, I think you are overreacting and are in danger of sounding rather smug.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1
Ruby, it wasn't that long ago you were on these boards posting about leaving your husband high and dry while you took off. Then you openly slated your husband's character quite fervently. Then you decided you were better off sticking with him rather than face financial uncertainty by moving back to the UK alone.
Are you sure you want to start taking the moral high ground?
Cricket, who nominated YOU to stand on the moral high ground pedestal then? We can all have our sh@t lives at some stage or other, and to be honest, my financial predicament is currently more important than my relationship matters right now, ok? You've just proved to me how low you can stoop bringing up my previous problems into your thread....don't start getting dirty now
Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:38 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Cricket, who nominated YOU to stand on the moral high ground pedestal then? We can all have our sh@t lives at some stage or other, and to be honest, my financial predicament is currently more important than my relationship matters right now, ok? You've just proved to me how low you can stoop bringing up my previous problems into your thread....don't start getting dirty now
You threw the mud first Ruby.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
When you start a thread, you cannot force every contributor to agree with you.

Cricket, I think you are overreacting and are in danger of sounding rather smug.
The only thing I am in danger of is getting dragged into a pit of negative thinking.

I've unsubscribed from this thread. I'll start another under a different heading..
Old Feb 27th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

You threw the mud first Ruby.
No Cricket, I didn't throw any mud, I simply put in my two penneth of my financial situation and that I don't like to be classed in your "let them eat cake" attitude label!

You really don't like having anyone get the better of you do you? Don't you ever get stiff shoulders and neck from stooping down to talk to all your grovellers and snivelers all the time
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

When's intermission? I need a choc-ice
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I am in danger of is getting dragged into a pit of negative thinking.

I've unsubscribed from this thread. I'll start another under a different heading..
I hear you whinging a lot about others yet you say it's everyone else that is whinging?!?!? Must you measure everything and everyone as either Positive or Negative? Life is not that simple. There are many situations in this life that you could throw a positive attitude at day and night and it would not make the slightest bit of difference. How about those of us that are just plain ol' realistic?

Please Cricket..... don't start anymore threads. You have shown that you are not willing to accept all points of view without attacking those who do not agree with you, pulling up peoples past posts and throwing it in their faces after they have confided in us. You have behaved with spite on this thread simply because you have been challenged.

Each one of us has a different reality. This is a public forum full of people who really do want / need to communicate with other people in a similar position without the worry that they may be judged or measured by other people standards - including yours..... I'm starting to wonder if you are who you say you are and not just another troll.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
When's intermission? I need a choc-ice
LOL Get me one would you Tri-boy, I need something to keep me busy while we wait......
Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:57 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dunroving
Could you explain to me what is so upbeat about labelling a nation of Brits as whingers who have had economic disaster befall them due to their own greed?

If you don't see how things got twisted around in this thread to make a certain person the victim (see Post 62), then I think you should re-read the thread. Some of us just got a bit ticked off at being patronized yet again.

There's being blindly positive and there's being cynically negative. I prefer the middle ground - objective and realistic. It's more like living in the real world.

And for the record, the norm on this part of BE is actually the opposite of what you suggest - any hint of criticism of a negative spoken about the UK is usually shot down in flames regardless of whether there's a hint of truth in it. It's almost a reverse Godzone mentality.
Blah blah blah.... blah blah.... blah.... blah blah blah blah.... blah!

Sorry, or was I being blindingly positively cynically negative?

Maybe you can find some sodding middle ground in that.

There we go, I've joined in with the whords of misery's who seem to find no other joy than coming on here and being down hearted.

Whoopdee f****** doo!

(Awaits the inevitable flaming)
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:38 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave7370
Blah blah blah.... blah blah.... blah.... blah blah blah blah.... blah!

Sorry, or was I being blindingly positively cynically negative?

Maybe you can find some sodding middle ground in that.

There we go, I've joined in with the whords of misery's who seem to find no other joy than coming on here and being down hearted.

Whoopdee f****** doo!

(Awaits the inevitable flaming)
It's not whords (I think that was some kind of Freudian slip), it's hordes, and no, if you were able to be just a little bit more observant (or objective) you'd acknowledge that the only "hordes" on here are the folks who have spent hours/years giving helpful advice (including me) to people who need it (including you). And people generally don't flame on here - maybe that's what you are used to wherever you usually hang out.

There is actually very little knocking of the UK and being miserable on this board. If your definition of "miserable" is those people who come on here for support because they are in a bad situation, then I can see why you would be acting like Cricket's cheerleader. The idea on this board in particular is to be a little more compassionate and supportive, not make demeaning comments about people who are financially in a mess and lord your superiority over them. That is what people are getting mad about on here, if you hadn't noticed by now, not the right to be miserable. The whole whining/positivity thing was a complete red herring to the real issues underlying all the argy-bargy going on.

I'm done with this thread. It's another indication that MBTTUK is becoming more like the scathing Oz side of BE. I hope the mods close it down because it's going from bad to worse. But let Cricket get the last post or we'll never hear the last of it.

Last edited by dunroving; Feb 27th 2009 at 9:09 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:04 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
The world is not made up of black and white, but many shades of grey...

Empathy is a virtue..
"Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity of kindness" Lucius Seneca
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:06 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USAGypsies
.... I'm starting to wonder if you are who you say you are and not just another troll.
Knowing something about this subject, I can assure you that she is not.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:15 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Doesn't take you long to join the pack does it Northern bird.
It seems it has an ever changing roster, not a pleasant thought at all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.