It's me again!!!

Old May 20th 2014, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's me again!!!

Hello all,

Just popping in to say hi. Not sure how many will remember me but I see a few familiar names still on the forum.

We've been back in Los Angeles for 4 months now......and hate it.

Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that. Looks like we'll make the move BACK to the UK next spring (we have a years lease on the house we're renting) Husband STILL hasn't found work - almost 3 years now. Going a bit mental. Trying to stay calm. Miss Waitrose!!

Will be on the board to check in and see how people are doing. Will hopefully keep my spirits up

By the way we flew the pups back with Virgin (we had taken them to the UK on Queen Mary 2 if you remember) and I was FREAKING out the entire time - but Virgin were AWESOME. So we'll be using them again when we fly home.

Hope you're all well and happy
Old May 21st 2014, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's me again!!!

Great to hear from you

Sorry that your husband has not had better luck looking for work, but good luck with the move back.

Not planning to do the QM2 again? We moved back in 2010 (before you, I think?) and came over on the QM2 and often talk about how much we enjoyed the trip and would love to do it again sometime.
Old May 21st 2014, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

It happens! A long time ago on the over 40's thread we all posted our ping-pong history. I think I was voted as having the most (although much of it began in childhood and beyond my control). Wishing you the very best of luck on your way back home
Old May 21st 2014, 11:50 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about you recently, so I am pleased that you posted. Sorry to hear about OH and I hope that things will work out for you both. Are you keeping busy in LA?
Old May 21st 2014, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Britwhore!

Well that sucks! I was wondering how things were going and hoping you would post. I'm so sorry that after all the upheaval, stress and cost of moving again you discover LA really isn't for you.

On the upside you do sound very sure that you know you want to move back to the UK. I think the not being sure and second guessing over and over again is the most exhausting part.

Sorry about your husbands job situation, has to be really hard on you both

I'd be interested to know which do you think is stronger for you the dislike of being back in LA or the missing of life in the UK? Is it more of a push or a pull that you are feeling?

Please keep posting as you get ready for the move back.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:16 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
Hello all,

Just popping in to say hi. Not sure how many will remember me but I see a few familiar names still on the forum.

Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that. Looks like we'll make the move BACK to the UK next spring (we have a years lease on the house we're renting) Husband STILL hasn't found work - almost 3 years now. Going a bit mental. Trying to stay calm. Miss Waitrose!!

Will be on the board to check in and see how people are doing. Will hopefully keep my spirits up

By the way we flew the pups back with Virgin (we had taken them to the UK on Queen Mary 2 if you remember) and I was FREAKING out the entire time - but Virgin were AWESOME. So we'll be using them again when we fly home.

Hey britwhore! Good to hear from you!

I was in Norfolk for ten weeks at the beginning of this year. I know there is a Waitrose in Norwich, I tramped around town for weeks looking for it, but never found it!! Never mind, Tesco was very nice too. And M&S ....
Old May 21st 2014, 4:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that you're still not happy. I can't say I am surprised you're not happy in LA, because although I have never lived there, I have always thought LA sounds like hëll on earth. Have you not considered somewhere else in the US?
Old May 21st 2014, 4:35 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: It's me again!!!

Hello all,

Hello again! I was only thinking of you the other day (I received another e-mail from Cunard and I remember saying that you were bored on the QM2 lol! ).

I recall that you or/and your spouse are in the acting profession. I was listening to a radio show a few days ago (either on BBC Radio 2, BBC London or BBC Radio 6) and someone in the entertainment industry in Los Angeles was saying that the industry there is pretty dead now; most major movies are being filmed outside California - he said that Canada is very popular but London is booming, particularly as there are so many gifted technical staff in the London area.

According to the interviewee (sorry I didn't get his name) the Californian movie industry unions have wrecked the industry in LA; he says that they demand so many staff for each movie that there are loads of people milling around on sets with little or nothing to do. It is too expensive in staffing costs and together with attractive tax breaks being offered to the movie producers to have locations in places like London, the industry is very healthy in the UK right now.

Maybe it is a good plan to return to England!
Old May 21st 2014, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

This ****ing city can kill anybody!

Sorry it didn't work out for you.
Old May 21st 2014, 9:23 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear things are not working out for you, and I hope your OH finds work soon.
Have you been working in LA?
Your pooches will be very well travelled - shame they can't rack up their own Frequent Flyer points!!
I can't believe it is nudging 2 years since we were on the QM2 with you and lf1.
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Sorry to hear that you're still not happy. I can't say I am surprised you're not happy in LA, because although I have never lived there, I have always thought LA sounds like hëll on earth. Have you not considered somewhere else in the US?
Lots of people love it here I'm just not a fan. We lived here for 10 years before moving to the UK.

I had lived for 5 years in New York. Loved it but FAR too expensive!!! Besides unless you do theatre there's not that much acting work there.
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of people love it here
Name 3
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Hello again! I was only thinking of you the other day (I received another e-mail from Cunard and I remember saying that you were bored on the QM2 lol! ).

I recall that you or/and your spouse are in the acting profession. I was listening to a radio show a few days ago (either on BBC Radio 2, BBC London or BBC Radio 6) and someone in the entertainment industry in Los Angeles was saying that the industry there is pretty dead now; most major movies are being filmed outside California - he said that Canada is very popular but London is booming, particularly as there are so many gifted technical staff in the London area.

According to the interviewee (sorry I didn't get his name) the Californian movie industry unions have wrecked the industry in LA; he says that they demand so many staff for each movie that there are loads of people milling around on sets with little or nothing to do. It is too expensive in staffing costs and together with attractive tax breaks being offered to the movie producers to have locations in places like London, the industry is very healthy in the UK right now.

Maybe it is a good plan to return to England!
I wouldn't say it's the unions fault. It has more to do with the big cheeses in Sacramento thinking that actors want tax breaks which is bulls**t. What they don't realize is that this industry is run by people who are below the line (most crew) So by not giving tax breaks to the industry in California they are hurting Californians. Actors can move. But the restaurants, hotels, local crew, catering etc can't move and they get shafted.
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Name 3
HAHAHAHA!!! I like your thinking!

But I can name 3....you wouldn't know them though. Beth, Jill and Greg....does that help? I think they had a lobotomy though.
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pombat
Sorry to hear things are not working out for you, and I hope your OH finds work soon.
Have you been working in LA?
Your pooches will be very well travelled - shame they can't rack up their own Frequent Flyer points!!
I can't believe it is nudging 2 years since we were on the QM2 with you and lf1.
Thanks 2 years!! I know. Mental.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.