Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

It's great to be back in UK, because..

It's great to be back in UK, because..

Old Jun 19th 2004, 5:11 pm
paradigm

Originally posted by Pants
" ONE" WOULD LIKE TO SECOND THAT COMMENT DOTTY OLD GIRL...

LOL.....from an ordinary person

Pants
"One thought you might."

Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:06 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

bump
Old Jun 19th 2004, 9:25 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paradigm
"One thought you might."

well then I am glad that "one" is not disappointed..mmmhhhh I wonder who one is indeed !!
Old Jun 20th 2004, 5:20 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paradigm
"One thought you might."

and there we have it..he has been banned yet again.!!!
Old Jun 20th 2004, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

friends is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's great to be back in UK, because..

Originally posted by MikeStanton
...what?

What do you most enjoy about UK now that you've returned (apart from seeing your loved ones! ) ?

For us, it's because UK is so alive compared with Oz (seems like friends might feel the same )
Everything you have all said and i am also really looking forward to a real christmas this year. open fires. Cold days and wrapping up warm and going on a long country walk. Carols singers and christmas lights everywhere. Shops that are alive and full of beautiful gifts.Cant wait........
Old Jun 20th 2004, 7:04 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by friends
Everything you have all said and i am also really looking forward to a real christmas this year. open fires. Cold days and wrapping up warm and going on a long country walk. Carols singers and christmas lights everywhere. Shops that are alive and full of beautiful gifts.Cant wait........
bollocks to all that - England is still one of the worst places in the world to live in terms of taxes, pollution, rotten people, feel badittude
Old Jun 20th 2004, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
bollocks to all that - England is still one of the worst places in the world to live in terms of taxes, pollution, rotten people, feel badittude
Tut, tut. Still trying to justify living in that country - Austria - a country renowned for its liberalism, broad-mindedness...not. Austria makes Switzerland look exciting.

Now, you just go sit in a corner and hum "Tomorrow belongs to me" and then you will soon feel better....
Old Jun 20th 2004, 8:22 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

........England is still one of the worst places in the world to live in terms of taxes, pollution, rotten people, feel badittude ......
I get a sense of deja vu here - so let's see, how many countries are there in the world? Approximately 192, if you believe the US Dept of State: http://geography.about.com/gi/dynami...rls%2F4250.htm. And you are saying the UK is one of the worst?

I wouldn't say it's necessarily one of the best (not, say, in the top 10), but it's hardly worse than living in Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijian....don't even get me started on the rest of the alphabet.

How do you expect people to take such exaggeration seriously? It's not even in the bottom half of the world's countries, never mind being "one of the worst".....
Old Jun 20th 2004, 8:48 pm
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

Why dya even argue about it? Some people want to live in the UK, some people want to give Australia a go. Some people like Austria (like Don) some people are in the good old US of A.

Even if you try somewhere new and end up back in the UK, so what? You are where you are and you make the best of the situation.

Life's what YOU make it after all.

There always seems to be a bit of rivalry between people wanting to go to other countries and those just returning to the UK, but I don't really see the point of it. I am applying to migrate to Oz, but I'm never going to slag off the people who have just come back to the UK. Good on them for trying in the first place I reckon. Some people never get off their arses and give it a go, so good on ya to anyone who has tried.

Everywhere in the world has good points and bad points - face the facts. If you don't like where you are you'll find the bad and won't want to see the good, and vice-versa.

I'm goin back to my pint now

Marko
Old Jun 20th 2004, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

What a ridiculous thing to say.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:50 pm
tempisfugit

Yes, what a stupid comment to make! And, I for one, happen to think that England IS in the Top Ten of countries to live and I have lived in Europe, USA and Canada.

How about backing up your negative comments? It's utter bullshit to state that England has the highest taxes/pollution etc.

As for rotten people, where I live people are, for the most part, polite and considerate. Admittedly, there are elements of English society who are crass and in-yer-face types and I dislike their attitude as much as the next person but to generalise like you have done is just silly. Austria is welcome to you!