Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

It's great to be back in UK, because..

It's great to be back in UK, because..

Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mary1
You are wrong.You may have foxhunting in England but it is illegal in Scotland.

It seems bizarre that in land of 60million people with the space choked to "standing room only "you have to kill the few native mammals left.England is living in the past.
I also dislike the fox hunting too Mary...it's barbaric.
Do you follow the duck hunting issue in Australia? I think that's pretty attrocious too. How it can be promoted by state governments as sport is beyond me.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:07 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Come 'n Get 'em

Good things to do with Foxes
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Dolphingirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Come 'n Get 'em

Good things to do with Foxes
Know how to win friends and influence people don't you?
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:59 am
Just Joined

2nfrom is an unknown quantity at this point

You are wrong.You may have foxhunting in England but it is illegal in Scotland.

You are quite old girl, we do however travel to the beautiful Scottish estates for the red deer hunting and grouse shooting….. Some of the best in the world in my opinion , unfortunately the seasons do tend to overlap somewhat, August being a very busy month on the British sporting calendar, and we tend to favour the home counties during the early shooting season.

It can be agued that we employ many ordinary people on the estates as beaters and loaders under the direction of the gamekeeper during the entire shooting season to help present the game birds in the most sporting fashion to really tests ones skills
Old Jun 19th 2004, 3:49 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

me thinks you are having a laugh old chappy!!!or old girl !!!

ordinary people indeed....!!!tsk tsk
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

mary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by 2nfrom
You are quite old girl, we do however travel to the beautiful Scottish estates for the red deer hunting and grouse shooting….. Some of the best in the world in my opinion , unfortunately the seasons do tend to overlap somewhat, August being a very busy month on the British sporting calendar, and we tend to favour the home counties during the early shooting season.

It can be agued that we employ many ordinary people on the estates as beaters and loaders under the direction of the gamekeeper during the entire shooting season to help present the game birds in the most sporting fashion to really tests ones skills
I have nothing against shooting animals.In fact shooting feral foxes in Australia is essential as they kill the native wildlife.I just think a large number of "stuck-up" bourgeoisie dressed in strange red coats blowing horns with a large pack of hounds chasing one little fox is pretty archaic and strange as well as downright cruel.

Last edited by mary1; Jun 19th 2004 at 6:38 am.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by HiddenPaw

Do you follow the duck hunting issue in Australia?
Quite true Hiddenpaw old girl, we are indeed fortunate that in this country our battles have been fought regarding shooting sports, we are also fortunate to have our own estates here where one can shoot trouble free and one does not have to run the gauntlet that one would have to in the country that you mentioned, (actually its called wildfowling here, and waterfowling in the United States)

Game shooting here in England is much preferred with a longer season and a much larger choice of game from 9 types of duck, 4 types of geese, plus pheasant, partridge, woodcock, snipe, woodpigeon and grouse, this choice of game would quite simply be unavailable in any other country and therefore one would become bored rather quickly.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Quite true Hiddenpaw old girl, we are indeed fortunate that in this country our battles have been fought regarding shooting sports, we are also fortunate to have our own estates here where one can shoot trouble free and one does not have to run the gauntlet that one would have to in the country that you mentioned, (actually its called wildfowling here, and waterfowling in the United States)

Game shooting here in England is much preferred with a longer season and a much larger choice of game from 9 types of duck, 4 types of geese, plus pheasant, partridge, woodcock, snipe, woodpigeon and grouse, this choice of game would quite simply be unavailable in any other country and therefore one would become bored rather quickly.

Does "one" think its rather rude to hog another "ones" thread with your views on killing animals, "one" cant quite work out if this is a troll attempt to wind people up or if "one" has simply lost "ones manners".

I was just thinking a certain recently banned member liked to wind people up about animals but surely its a coincidence

Tally ho billy
Old Jun 19th 2004, 9:42 am
Just Joined

I have nothing against shooting animals.In fact shooting feral foxes in Australia is essential as they kill the native wildlife.I just think a large number of "stuck-up" bourgeoisie dressed in strange red coats blowing horns with a large pack of hounds chasing one little fox is pretty archaic and strange as well as downright cruel.
Thank you Mary1 I can understand that fox hunting to a foreigner in this country would look rather strange, (the red coats you mention are actually scarlet by the way) it is however an English tradition that dates back to the late 1600’s, it is a social event and there are precise rules and customs that must to be adhered to. I will say this, the December 2000 hunting bill will I fear see the end to this most English of traditions and I for one feel that its replacement by so called drag hunting will not be a suitable alternative.

I understand the feral red foxes that were introduced by us into Australia in the 1850’s are now a problem and with hindsight I am sure we regret this. It would be a strange sight to behold would it not? A meet in the Australian outback , the dust, the heat, the lack of fields and enclosure hedges, a stranger sight one cannot imagine.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 9:54 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Does "one" think its rather rude to hog another "ones" thread with your views on killing animals, "one" cant quite work out if this is a troll attempt to wind people up or if "one" has simply lost "ones manners".

I was just thinking a certain recently banned member liked to wind people up about animals but surely its a coincidence

Tally ho billy
" ONE" WOULD LIKE TO SECOND THAT COMMENT DOTTY OLD GIRL...

LOL.....from an ordinary person

Pants
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:29 am
paradigm

Tally ho billy
umm, that's not me, this is!

Old Jun 19th 2004, 11:00 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Thank you Mary1 I can understand that fox hunting to a foreigner in this country would look rather strange, (the red coats you mention are actually scarlet by the way) it is however an English tradition that dates back to the late 1600’s, it is a social event and there are precise rules and customs that must to be adhered to. I will say this, the December 2000 hunting bill will I fear see the end to this most English of traditions and I for one feel that its replacement by so called drag hunting will not be a suitable alternative.

I understand the feral red foxes that were introduced by us into Australia in the 1850’s are now a problem and with hindsight I am sure we regret this. It would be a strange sight to behold would it not? A meet in the Australian outback , the dust, the heat, the lack of fields and enclosure hedges, a stranger sight one cannot imagine.
Now don't go gitin' all ixitid an' fall orf yer 'orse, me Lud, but fought yer might likes ta take gander at these 'ere:

Barwon 2001 Opening Hunt Report

Fox 'untn' in the Awstralyan Outback:

Would yer 'ighness like me to wack yer 'orse on the bum to git the old nag startid?

Last edited by Megalania; Jun 19th 2004 at 11:44 am.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

My dear lady, please accept my humble apologies if I gave you the impression of hogging this thread with my views, one assumed it appropriate to reply, apparently one was mistaken.

Was it not you my dear lady that listed in this very thread one of your reasons for enjoying being back in the UK as “Open minded people, you can be who you want to be.� ?

Will you then not allow me to be who I am please? I do not want a moral debate, fox hunting was not my only reason for returning to England.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pants
" ONE" WOULD LIKE TO SECOND THAT COMMENT DOTTY OLD GIRL...

LOL.....from an ordinary person

Pants

well said.One would like to propose a spot of hunt saboteuring in Bucks sometime soon. One thinks it would be a jolly old wheeze.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 4:38 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Will you then not allow me to be who I am please?
Yeah - carry on being a tosspot if that's your wish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.