Issues with UPakWeMove

Old Feb 16th 2020, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

deepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Issues with UPakWeMove

Hi, everyone, I'm attempting to head back to the UK from Canada for a second time but, frankly, there's been so many issues this time around, that I'm wondering if it's perhaps not meant to be...?

The latest obstacle is UPakWeMove. I used them last time and they were great and I had no trouble getting guys to load the container. This time, however, different city, different story. The "professional" moving companies are all balking at the container being 4' off the ground and don't feel it's safe for their employees/contractors to walk up a ramp that they have no way of securely attaching to the container. They also think that 2 hours to load is a ridiculously short time. While I feel that movers worth their salt ought to be able to fill a container in 2 hours, I do have to agree that not providing a ramp but expecting you to get a forklift (that's what they said!) is lacking in customer service. A company that promotes itself for house moves ought to be making it a little easier for the average household to load.

So it prompted me to look at other companies for shipping containers and I've applied to MoveHub for some quotes. If anyone's interested, I'll pass on the quotes when they come through, but on the surface it does seem like UPakWeMove, that I know so many expats on here tend to think of as the go-to shipping company, might actually be quite expensive! Any thoughts, anyone? Has anyone used MoveHub or can recommend a different container shipping company?