Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

International removal company's

Wikiposts

International removal company's

Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all
Question International removal company's

Hi we're re-locating back to the uk at the end of Nov this year and i was wondering if anybody has had any quotes from shipping companies and what they quoted you. We've had a quote from wridgeways 11,000 for a 20ft container. This seems to be rather high to us but is this roughly the prices they are quoting. We are getting a few more quotes next week but thought i'd ask around.
cheers.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of
Default Re: International removal company's

Sounds like it's in the middle of the price range. Not sure where you're moving back from but people here in Canada have seen quotes anywhere between $8,000 and $13,000 depending on where in Canada you are and how much you're shipping.

We're waiting for three quotes at the moment so it'll be interesting to see how much they vary by.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:29 am
going back to UK Dec 1st

Location: Mississauga near Toronto - Moving To UK - Birmingham in 7 Weeks
Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future

hi guys

i too have been getting quotes as we are leaving from toronto late nov too

we are shipping 25-30 boxes - no big furniture

our quotes are around 1500-2500 for a pallet 48"x48"

we could share costs of a container 3 ways if anyone interested
Old Oct 15th 2009, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

salgb has a brilliant futuresalgb has a brilliant futuresalgb has a brilliant futuresalgb has a brilliant futuresalgb has a brilliant futuresalgb has a brilliant future
Smile Re: International removal company's

You don't say which state you're in. I just moved from Los Angeles area, and used Schumacher Cargo Logistics based in Gardena, CA. They charged me $8 cu foot, which included pack and wrapping, loading truck here, unpack in UK with all debris removed. Insurance was extra. Great Co to deal with so far.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

We have just got quotes fron NZ and they ranged from $9-12k sole use containerr with insurance on top, however upon assessment we have been determind as part container this has dropped to $7-$9k with suprisingly crown as the cheapest before haggling! Friends of ours wenr NZ to OZ $12k! so these sseems no logic
Old Oct 15th 2009, 3:50 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future

hi guys - moving to UK in 7 weeks

considering taking my Mazda MPV with me

is it worth it ??

what cost should it be approx ??

can i load up my household stuff into it ??

anyone here ever done it ??

thanks guys
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I wouldn't take the car with me, i sold my car on Ebay before I left Canada. Second hand cars in the UK are much cheaper than they used to be. I brought a 10 year old Volvo estate just to get us started upon arriving back in Britain for less than £1000, nearly 10,000 miles later it hasn't let me down so I'm keeping it.

The big engine in that Mazda will also drain your wallet back in the UK, if the Economy is anything like my Windstar Minivan was in Canada it will cost you dear at the pump at around £1.06 per ltr for petrol.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:16 am
going back to UK Dec 1st

yeh thanks for the advice

i was thinking about the cost of petrol would hit me !!

i will sell the mazda most likely but we really like it - oh well that's life

thanks