British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   International Movers and Pet shippers info (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/international-movers-pet-shippers-info-678266/)

karenD Jul 26th 2010 5:57 am

International Movers and Pet shippers info

Hi all,

I swept this forum for international movers and pet companies a little while ago, as I'm sure others have, so I thought I'd feedback my info so It's useful to others.

To move 20ft container from Gold Coast, Australia to UK I got the following quotes:
- Allied Pickfords $12,500ish
- Wridgeways - $9,505
- Kents - $ 7,850

(as you can imagine, I'm going with Kents! They seemed very professional and threw in 4 weeks storage in that quote.)

To move 1 kitty to Manchester from Brisbane in a fleece lined delux transport container (Seriously 10X better then economy class I'll be traveling!) is $3035.00 from JetPets, but I'm paying about $140 more for a slightly bigger box so he can move around a bit more. I also got a quote from DogTainers $3405.

I'll update this thread once I've got some feedback on how they actually performed.

Good luck with your moves, everyone!:thumbup:

bithbheo Jul 26th 2010 8:47 am

Re: International Movers and Pet shippers info

Thanks for that am going with Kent as well next february as they were most helpful on the phone especially seeing as it is still a few months away.......be interested to hear how you find them ......Good luck with your move......and happy settling when you are back home :thumbsup:

Syedney Jul 26th 2010 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by karenD (Post 8728319)
Hi all,

I swept this forum for international movers and pet companies a little while ago, as I'm sure others have, so I thought I'd feedback my info so It's useful to others.

To move 20ft container from Gold Coast, Australia to UK I got the following quotes:
- Allied Pickfords $12,500ish
- Wridgeways - $9,505
- Kents - $ 7,850

(as you can imagine, I'm going with Kents! They seemed very professional and threw in 4 weeks storage in that quote.)

To move 1 kitty to Manchester from Brisbane in a fleece lined delux transport container (Seriously 10X better then economy class I'll be traveling!) is $3035.00 from JetPets, but I'm paying about $140 more for a slightly bigger box so he can move around a bit more. I also got a quote from DogTainers $3405.

I'll update this thread once I've got some feedback on how they actually performed.

Good luck with your moves, everyone!:thumbup:

Cheers for the info...Really useful to have an idea of pricings. Maybe the mods here should have a section on current quotes etc..

Very useful read.

alipally Jul 27th 2010 12:27 pm

I think that I'm getting a great deal then;

20ft Container if I pack it myself $6900, if they pack it $7600 if I pack the non breakables only $7200 That's ADL- Birmingham (ish) with ITS who partner Brittania who brought out stuff now!

Dog (Weimaraner so big) supply my own air approved crate $2430 crate approx $600 That's with Australian Air express who are the agents for Qantas. I pick her up at animal reception LHR.

Syedney Jul 27th 2010 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by alipally (Post 8731724)

20ft Container if I pack it myself $6900, if they pack it $7600 if I pack the non breakables only $7200 That's ADL- Birmingham (ish) with ITS who partner Brittania who brought out stuff now!

Dog (Weimaraner so big) supply my own air approved crate $2430 crate approx $600 That's with Australian Air express who are the agents for Qantas. I pick her up at animal reception LHR.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Ali are you going back to Blighty for good??

alipally Jul 29th 2010 4:56 am

Possibly, possibly not. Tbh, it's on the cards at the moment, so I've run around a bit putting things in order....

The dog is up to date with her Rabies, and her paperwork is all in order they only need 2 days notice to take her at Air Australian Express.

The shippers are forewarned... and I've had them out to quote.

OH comes back on Saturday and we have to talk it through... he has an offer from his old job back in Blighty that is, frankly, very attractive. All we have to do is decide whether the beach, the sunshine and unemployment are more attractive!!
And if we should leave our 18 year old here as he's dug his heels in and said that he's going NOWHERE! :unsure:

Ian12 Aug 4th 2010 10:30 am

Originally Posted by alipally (Post 8731724)

Can you please provide me with contact details. I am planning to move back to the UK from Sydney. Were you happy with these guys?

Thanks
Ian

karenD Aug 5th 2010 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Ian12 (Post 8751822)
Can you please provide me with contact details. I am planning to move back to the UK from Sydney. Were you happy with these guys?

Thanks
Ian

I checked them out - www.internationaltransportservices.com.au (08 83545700) but they only operate from Adelaide.