International Movers/Pet Movers

Wikiposts

International Movers/Pet Movers

Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Dreamer23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International Movers/Pet Movers

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for an International Moving Company from New York - Southampton and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Also, does anyone recommend a pet moving company?

Thanks for your help,

Lorraine
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:09 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Movers/Pet Movers

Originally Posted by Dreamer23
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for an International Moving Company from New York - Southampton and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Also, does anyone recommend a pet moving company?

Thanks for your help,

Lorraine
[Yawn] - Did you try doing a Search yet?

Rinkens, Wheaton Worldwide, blah, blah ... sorry, but when you do a search, you'll realise why ...

[Later edit: Sorry, got out of the wrong side of bed this morning (I have this Groundhog Day thing - every morning I wake up, I'm still in the UK ...)]

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=shipper

- also search for Cunard for your return with pet (not as expensive as you think)

Last edited by dunroving; Jan 17th 2009 at 11:04 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: International Movers/Pet Movers

Yes, I have done a "search" and I have quotes. Before I hire someone I just thought I would see if anyone wanted to recommend someone to me. I would rather use a company that has good recommendations from other customers. Sorry I am boring you with my question!

Cunard is reasonable, I have checked them out. I was asking about companies who transport pets like a pet moving company who deal with all the paperwork etc. I have someone in mind, but again just curious who other people may have used.

Have a good day - cheer up
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 12:35 am
Just Joined

MollyS_ 1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm actually really glad you asked this because I'm new to this site and don't even know what the "search" option is. If only we could all be so knowledgable I am looking to move from Washington DC back to the UK, and don't even know where to begin with the moving process. We will only be shipping a dining room set, a crib and a vanity, as well as several boxes of china (which I'm so nervous about and almost considering nixing). Far less than what would necessitate a 20 ft container, I think. I've heard of options of a 'shared' container, but I'm nervous about that as well.

With Cunard, it looks like you must be a passenger on the ship to transport your pets? Are you sailing over rather than flying? I'd love to take the QM2, and compared to flight tickets the rates actually aren't too bad. I'm considering calling to find out if having a child in a room with 2 aduts tacks on an extra fee, as I can't seem to find any info on the website.

Are you moving from the city or is NYC your closest big city with shipping services?

Molly
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MollyS_ 1981
I'm actually really glad you asked this because I'm new to this site and don't even know what the "search" option is. If only we could all be so knowledgable I am looking to move from Washington DC back to the UK, and don't even know where to begin with the moving process. We will only be shipping a dining room set, a crib and a vanity, as well as several boxes of china (which I'm so nervous about and almost considering nixing). Far less than what would necessitate a 20 ft container, I think. I've heard of options of a 'shared' container, but I'm nervous about that as well.

With Cunard, it looks like you must be a passenger on the ship to transport your pets? Are you sailing over rather than flying? I'd love to take the QM2, and compared to flight tickets the rates actually aren't too bad. I'm considering calling to find out if having a child in a room with 2 aduts tacks on an extra fee, as I can't seem to find any info on the website.

Are you moving from the city or is NYC your closest big city with shipping services?

Molly
Hi Molly,

I have been thinking about returning home for quite some time now, but each time I thought about it I did not know where to start. The whole process seems so daunting! Anyway, I am taking one step at a time. The first most important step is to get our cat certified to travel, that happens next week. I am also working on a quote with a moving company. I received a lot of quotes by e-mail from shippers that I had not even heard of. I am now working on a quote with Meyers Moving. I found out that any company shipping overseas has have to have an FMC license. This is issued by the Federal Maritime Commission.

We are in Pennsylvania but the closest city for us is NYC. I haven't decided if we are going to fly or travel by Cunard. I would rather fly, but I thought it may be easier on our cat to take him over by ship. If you want more information on prices etc. you can go onto Cunard's website and request e-mail specials and brochures, you will then get a personal cruise vacation planner who will assist you with any plans you may have.