Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Interest Rates...here we goooooo

Wikiposts

Interest Rates...here we goooooo

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default Interest Rates...here we goooooo

First interest rate rise..and I dont think that will be the last....
Maybe next year all of us will be able to buy a decent house
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:12 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Interest Rates...here we goooooo

Originally Posted by eurotramp
First interest rate rise..and I dont think that will be the last....
Maybe next year all of us will be able to buy a decent house

Just imagine,

1 pound to the dollar
3 bed detached for under 200K

No friggin jobs to go back to !!!! :scared:

aarrrgghhhhh!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gardnma
Just imagine,

1 pound to the dollar
3 bed detached for under 200K

No friggin jobs to go back to !!!! :scared:

aarrrgghhhhh!
We are already here and hubby has a very secure job all we need is a house
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:44 am
Account Closed

All the best. Nice to hear it can be done. Good luck
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Totally with you there. The more deposit we save, the less it seems enough as the house prices increase.

Now hubby has a good job, and is doing well, hopefully we will be able to catch on to the house buying business.

I pray for a temporary crash in the market so we can buy... LOL Just temporary though
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by honeymommy
Totally with you there. The more deposit we save, the less it seems enough as the house prices increase.

Now hubby has a good job, and is doing well, hopefully we will be able to catch on to the house buying business.

I pray for a temporary crash in the market so we can buy... LOL Just temporary though
Yes we are in the same boat...we have a nice deposit in the bank..in some parts of the country you could by a house for that..but not here...let it come on 20% down would be enough for me..30% would be even better .
I just hope that it not takes years to do so..I'm tired of the rental already
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we are in the same boat...we have a nice deposit in the bank..in some parts of the country you could by a house for that..but not here...let it come on 20% down would be enough for me..30% would be even better .
I just hope that it not takes years to do so..I'm tired of the rental already

Oh yes tired of throwing away £1200 a month on a rental property that could be paying a mortgage.
We need to buy in this area and lowest 3 bed is about £250,000 thats anyway decent. Even then we would prefer a 4 bed as there 6 of us. Told eldest son he will live in shed if it's 3 bed... LOL He quite likes the idea, but said he prefers the loft.

We just missed out of a house last year, someone beat us by half and hour. Then hubby got made reduntant, which was actually a godsend in the end as he now has a great job. At the time though it put an end to house buying for a while. So another 6 month lease and keep saving all we can.

I am at the point I will buy the first house thats affordable and has enough rooms, just to get a house. Sad but true. I am sick of renting!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Oh yes tired of throwing away £1200 a month on a rental property that could be paying a mortgage.
We need to buy in this area and lowest 3 bed is about £250,000 thats anyway decent. Even then we would prefer a 4 bed as there 6 of us. Told eldest son he will live in shed if it's 3 bed... LOL He quite likes the idea, but said he prefers the loft.

We just missed out of a house last year, someone beat us by half and hour. Then hubby got made reduntant, which was actually a godsend in the end as he now has a great job. At the time though it put an end to house buying for a while. So another 6 month lease and keep saving all we can.

I am at the point I will buy the first house thats affordable and has enough rooms, just to get a house. Sad but true. I am sick of renting!
Hi Honeymommy, I am so pleased that hubby has found a great a job, last post I read he had just been made reduntant,as they say one door closes another opens. I thought that you had already bought a house, !!!!God that rent seems so high.

I am off to the U.K. again this year to take another look at returning for good,I must admit I do get put off when I see the price of houses !!!!!
apart from trying to buy a house, is there any other things you find difficult since your return?
cheers
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Were do you live honeymommy?
We live in Pinner which is near London...we pay for a 3 bed 1250 rent. You would not get any decent 3 bed under 350k and even then you would have to search very hart...we are only four..I can not even imagine how you would get 6 in a 3 bed...because the 3th. bedroom is alway so small.
I have learnt that most of the time things happen for a reason....your hubby got a much better job and if things go the right way for us, both of us will soon sit in a nice affordable house
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Were do you live honeymommy?
We live in Pinner which is near London...we pay for a 3 bed 1250 rent. You would not get any decent 3 bed under 350k and even then you would have to search very hart...we are only four..I can not even imagine how you would get 6 in a 3 bed...because the 3th. bedroom is alway so small.
I have learnt that most of the time things happen for a reason....your hubby got a much better job and if things go the right way for us, both of us will soon sit in a nice affordable house

We are in Langley, a nice cul-de-sac of 6 detached houses with 4 beds. We are contemplating buying this house if we can wangle a deal with the landlord and the bank...
To fit 4 kids in two bedrooms it will mean the 3 boys will have to share, daughter gets the box room and we get the middle size room... We may have to do that to get into the market.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

We are in Langley, a nice cul-de-sac of 6 detached houses with 4 beds. We are contemplating buying this house if we can wangle a deal with the landlord and the bank...
To fit 4 kids in two bedrooms it will mean the 3 boys will have to share, daughter gets the box room and we get the middle size room... We may have to do that to get into the market.
Hello,

How old were your kids when you returned to the UK?
Did you have to jump through hoops to get their US educ equated to a UK one ??

Ta
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gardnma
Hello,

How old were your kids when you returned to the UK?
Did you have to jump through hoops to get their US educ equated to a UK one ??

Ta

My first post in this thread expalins ages and changes.

Eldest was at secondary school age, but because the grammar schools were full and there is no test available in this area for older kids to be tested for grammar school he had to go to the local comprehensive.. Had a bit of a fight to get him placed there, as they had to make sure they had room. It meant he started 2 weeks into the term, and I had to badger the LEA and the school for that. I was really worried at first but he's doing great. Took his first part of a double GCSE Science in June. Has a mentor for Uni and has had work experience at the local theatre. (He wants to get a degree in sound engineering)

The others... Primary school... Just went down with the doctors details and lease agreement and they were placed straight away. Middle son passed his 11+ and has just finished his first year at grammar school... To be honest I think the local comp has more support and opportunity, and are better at communicating with parents...
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have no idea where Langley is...what do you think how much that house you rent would cost you...sounds nice.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

I have no idea where Langley is...what do you think how much that house you rent would cost you...sounds nice.

Langley is near slough, Berkshire Buckinghamshire borders. 15 mins from Heathrow.
The house was up for 330K about 3 months ago but didn't sell....
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Langley is near slough, Berkshire Buckinghamshire borders. 15 mins from Heathrow.
The house was up for 330K about 3 months ago but didn't sell....
You so lucky...you would never find anything like that around here...
With Interest rates up and house not selling, you maybe can get them down a bit

We said yesterday, we will buy when we can afford a house we want...

Just had a look where it is...is it nice where you live?...Considering it is between Slough, Drayton and Hayes?

Its only 19 miles away from us.....the problem is, hubby is working in Northwood and moving outside the M25 is a problem, because it is hell to get every morning back into it..so we decided against it.

Last edited by eurotramp; Aug 4th 2006 at 12:53 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.