Wikiposts

insular and neurotic

Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:03 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insular and neurotic

Originally Posted by cassandra_trotter
some people in these forums need a bloody good shake up, cos they are too set in their ways, sexist and misanthropic
You could be right about that Dave.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:06 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Well if you're a Caveman it is.
I will have to take your word for it. I hope he doesn’t rent the costume.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:22 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatfield1
I will have to take your word for it. I hope he doesn’t rent the costume.
I'm not sure about the Caveman one. It's soooooooo hard to keep track and with this being Halloween and all coming up!!! Now I know I bought my French Maid one.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:22 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: insular and neurotic

Originally Posted by cassandra_trotter
i was warned about mixing with british expats when i came to america a few months ago. i was warned not to get involved and now i can see why.

as for the non-believers i do have a place at veterinary school, and its in own name, not the username on this forum.

some people in these forums need a bloody good shake up, cos they are too set in their ways, sexist and misanthropic
I think most of the people on BE are OK. There are exeptions of course, and I seem to draw all of them. When I first moved to the USA I thought I could mix with the expats here, but after meeting a few I began to see what story tellers and fiction merchants some of them were. Whatever you had done in life they had always done something better or bigger. I then began to keep away from the Brit communities here. Recently I have opened up more to some people on BE who I trust, but they are few and far between.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:41 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
I think most of the people on BE are OK. There are exeptions of course, and I seem to draw all of them. When I first moved to the USA I thought I could mix with the expats here, but after meeting a few I began to see what story tellers and fiction merchants some of them were. Whatever you had done in life they had always done something better or bigger. I then began to keep away from the Brit communities here. Recently I have opened up more to some people on BE who I trust, but they are few and far between.
My parents have been expats all their lives (Kenya, France... Cornwall )

They said the problem with the ex-pat community was that you ended up hanging out with people who you would never have befriended back home in England.

That being said, they have tons of ex-pat friends in France who are all awesome. Really wonderful people. But there are some they AVOID like the plague (and probably some ex-pats avoid my parents like the plague.)

In America, I have always avoided hanging out with British people. AWKWARD!

There are two in the office. I've only spoken to one - nice bloke. But aside from being British, I don't think we have anything in common.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:45 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

That's the mistake that many expats make.

I abhor dishonesty with a passion, and hate bullshitters, so I don't hang with many of my fellow countrymen around here. In fact, there are only two couples I even speak to, out of a huge community of thousands in my area. Have been burned too many times.

Once bitten, twice shy.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:54 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
That's the mistake that many expats make.

I abhor dishonesty with a passion, and hate bullshitters, so I don't hang with many of my fellow countrymen around here. In fact, there are only two couples I even speak to, out of a huge community of thousands in my area. Have been burned too many times.

Once bitten, twice shy.
and that is why I am VERY selective about wearing the French Maid's costume.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:29 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I think most of the people on BE are OK. There are exeptions of course,
He means me

and I seem to draw all of them.
He means me

When I first moved to the USA I thought I could mix with the expats here, but after meeting a few I began to see what story tellers and fiction merchants some of them were.
He means me

I then began to keep away from the Brit communities here.
He means me

Recently I have opened up more to some people on BE who I trust, but they are few and far between.
He does NOT mean me
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:43 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

so if you can't stand bullshit and speak your mind why does that make you a pitbull?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
so if you can't stand bullshit and speak your mind why does that make you a pitbull?
lol he likes to sink his fangs in... and get a really good grip.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Because he's been pimped out by Michael Vick?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:57 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I'm not sure about the Caveman one. It's soooooooo hard to keep track and with this being Halloween and all coming up!!! Now I know I bought my French Maid one.
Will you be dressing as a penguin for Halloween, in keeping with tradition?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:58 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Will you be dressing as a penguin for Halloween, in keeping with tradition?
I think it would be appropriate as long as nobody throws me any fish,
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

cassandra_trotter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by g1ant
You could be right about that Dave.
wasn't Dave rodney, lol

anyways ty Trig
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

cassandra_trotter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Not wanting to defend Madamoiselle Trotter, who called me a Ginger Tosser in about her forth post (which is either very rude or very astute) I will admit that my first impressions of the BE board weren't entirely positive.

I remember complaining that I thought the board was cliquey and unwelcoming to new members - but I stuck with it and now think I've fitted in.

There were some people who I liked from the get go (TracyM, Silly Sod, Lord Lionheart amongst others*) and some people it took me a little while to warm up to (Jersey Girl) but who were definitely worth it once you got to know them. Then there's Rushman. He's like that mangy mad pitbull you keep chained up in the back yard. Damned if he ain't a bad tempered, slobbering wee beasty but part of you loves him too much to take him out back and give him both barrels.

I think if Cassandra goes or stays will be either evidence of her troll status (or not, as the case may be) or evidence of the **adopt Winston Churchill voice** strength of her character.

We all had a baptism by fire on BE but if you stick with it, you find a lot of lovely online pals who only reduce you to a quivering insecure wreck about twice a week or so.

* far too many to name if I've missed you out.
roland sorry for calling you a t*sser, i take that back, i wear my heart on a sleeve, and i apologise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.