Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Info on dog shipping from Perth to Heathrow

Wikiposts

Info on dog shipping from Perth to Heathrow

Old May 30th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant future
Default Info on dog shipping from Perth to Heathrow

Hi,

we are now three weeks away from returning to the UK from Perth - came on a three year contract, always intended going back.

So far things have gone easily with the dog. Average sized Beagle.

Was already micro-chipped - needs to be done before rabies jab.
He had his rabies vacination a year ago, $80.
Bloods taken 3 weeks later, $250.

All clear certificate received about a month later.

He was then free to travel 6 months after that.

Made a lot of enquiries, all were roughly at the $2800 range, within $100 either way.

Have chosen Sherae Petlink, on recommendation and gut feeling after talking to them.
They are going to collect him from our house (Western Suburbs), board him a few days, do the vet requirements, all the paper work and fly him out a week later to arrive after we are back home and have the furniture out of storage.

They have provided a full break down of cost, total of $1377 for vet inspection, import and export fee's, transit fee, Heathrow clearing fee etc - all the unavoidable costs.
Then there is $1353 in flight and handling.
If you are looking at saving money, this would be where you'd do it, arranging your own flight and vets and doing your own paper work.

For me, I have enough to do as it is, and I think it'll be a lot less stressful for him if I'm not stressed over him!

Will post again once we are all back in UK and let you know how it went.
Old May 30th 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on dog shipping from Perth to Heathrow

Originally Posted by sunnyskies
Hi,

we are now three weeks away from returning to the UK from Perth - came on a three year contract, always intended going back.

Made a lot of enquiries, all were roughly at the $2800 range, within $100 either way.

Have chosen Sherae Petlink, on recommendation and gut feeling after talking to them.
They are going to collect him from our house (Western Suburbs), board him a few days, do the vet requirements, all the paper work and fly him out a week later to arrive after we are back home and have the furniture out of storage.

They have provided a full break down of cost, total of $1377 for vet inspection, import and export fee's, transit fee, Heathrow clearing fee etc - all the unavoidable costs.
If you are looking at saving money, this would be where you'd do it, arranging your own flight and vets and doing your own paper work.

For me, I have enough to do as it is, and I think it'll be a lot less stressful for him if I'm not stressed over him!

Thanks for the info..we are in Perth and will fly back to Manchester early next year....our small dog has already had the Vacc etc and will start looking at dog carriers soon, I have not heard of Sherae Petlink and will phone them soon....

Good luck and best wishes...
Old May 30th 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sunnyskies
Hi,

Hi we received a quote for our cat to go from Perth to Heathrow from Jetpets,$2250 all inclusive.They were the cheapest we could find.Still not sure whether to bring cat with us as he tends to get into a fair few fights even in regional WA,he's an outdoor cat (was a stray that landed on our doorstep) he now does not like the rain or cold either.As we are going back to live in scottish highlands maybe we should just get our son to have him???
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Mary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Hi we received a quote for our cat to go from Perth to Heathrow from Jetpets,$2250 all inclusive.They were the cheapest we could find.Still not sure whether to bring cat with us as he tends to get into a fair few fights even in regional WA,he's an outdoor cat (was a stray that landed on our doorstep) he now does not like the rain or cold either.As we are going back to live in scottish highlands maybe we should just get our son to have him???

We've got a dog and 2 cats travelling from Perth with Jetpets on the 30th June, arriving in London on the 1st July and then being transported to the North West by James Cargo - after 5 months of being without them I can't wait to get them back, just hoping the journey goes smoothly and they arrive back safe and sound, oh yeah, i'm also looking forward to seeing my hubby who stayed behind to look after them
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mary1967UK
We've got a dog and 2 cats travelling from Perth with Jetpets on the 30th June, arriving in London on the 1st July and then being transported to the North West by James Cargo - after 5 months of being without them I can't wait to get them back, just hoping the journey goes smoothly and they arrive back safe and sound, oh yeah, i'm also looking forward to seeing my hubby who stayed behind to look after them
Hope you all have a wonderful reunion......good luck and bestwishes...
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
With Jetpets do you need to give them a few months notice of your pets return to the U.K?....there does not seem a lot of competition here in W.A for Pet transports..same old...same old...so I just wanted to know if you need to "book" sooner rarther than later.....
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brits1
With Jetpets do you need to give them a few months notice of your pets return to the U.K?....there does not seem a lot of competition here in W.A for Pet transports..same old...same old...so I just wanted to know if you need to "book" sooner rarther than later.....
No, they asked for about 10 days notice.
Maybe would need longer if you need to arrange for your pet to stay in boarding for any length of time