Wikiposts

Immigration Solicitor

Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:58 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration Solicitor

So I spoke to one immigration consultant and she answered all my questions well except one, which is "can i use my USA based employment (which i'll continue in the UK on) to satisfy the financial requirements of my wifes spouse visa. It meets and goes above the threshold, the work will be based in the UK, but the payee (my USA company) will be based in California.

This immigration consultant who used to work for immigration, is pretty certain this arrangement will meet the UKBA's requirements.

Some people on this forum do not think it will at all and that i've been given poor advice and so because this is the only sticking point to us filing the paperwork, i've decided to use these guys: http://www.gryklaw.com/team.html specifically Barry. Has anyone ever used them.

Their fees are pretty expensive, essentially about $500 per consult. I wanted to know if thats overly expensive, especially since my conversation will literally take 5 mins at most, i'll ask him the above question he'll answer and that literally will be that.

But i've really struggled to find a reputable immigration solicitor from over here in the USA.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 12:33 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Solicitor

Originally Posted by ldollard
So I spoke to one immigration consultant and she answered all my questions well except one, which is "can i use my USA based employment (which i'll continue in the UK on) to satisfy the financial requirements of my wifes spouse visa. It meets and goes above the threshold, the work will be based in the UK, but the payee (my USA company) will be based in California.

This immigration consultant who used to work for immigration, is pretty certain this arrangement will meet the UKBA's requirements.

Some people on this forum do not think it will at all and that i've been given poor advice and so because this is the only sticking point to us filing the paperwork, i've decided to use these guys: http://www.gryklaw.com/team.html specifically Barry. Has anyone ever used them.

Their fees are pretty expensive, essentially about $500 per consult. I wanted to know if thats overly expensive, especially since my conversation will literally take 5 mins at most, i'll ask him the above question he'll answer and that literally will be that.

But i've really struggled to find a reputable immigration solicitor from over here in the USA.
My source says they are reputable.

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...s/spousal-visa

Scroll down to the section "Legal Representatives for Spouse and Fiance Visas".
Old Feb 18th 2013, 12:41 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
My source says they are reputable.

http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...s/spousal-visa

Scroll down to the section "Legal Representatives for Spouse and Fiance Visas".
Do you think the fee is high. In the USA $250 would be about right per hour. So I dont know.

My conversation will take about 5 mins.

Last edited by ldollard; Feb 18th 2013 at 12:46 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 1:13 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think the fee is high. In the USA $250 would be about right per hour. So I dont know.

My conversation will take about 5 mins.
The disclaimer says about £140 to £210 per hour depending on the level of experience of the solicitor.

That's about $350 US at the top rate. FWIW the fee structures of practitioners in the two countries can't really be compared.

That being said, it's at the top level of the spectrum IMO (if you pay for the most knowledgable person, which is what you should do). But if they are named on Transpondia, then that is high praise.

You'll spend more than five minutes with your question.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 1:16 pm
Firetrak

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
The disclaimer says about £140 to £210 per hour depending on the level of experience of the solicitor.

That's about $350 US at the top rate. FWIW the fee structures of practitioners in the two countries can't really be compared.

That being said, it's at the top level of the spectrum IMO (if you pay for the most knowledgable person, which is what you should do). But if they are named on Transpondia, then that is high praise.

You'll spend more than five minutes with your question.
Its £275.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 1:27 pm
WhiteRabbit

Its £275.
Like I said, top dollar.

You can always go to Transpondia's Facebook page and ask for other references. There are plenty of good, legitimate choices out there.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

I have direct personal experince with them. I've PM'd you details. Please read them and feel free to PM me back.

For my 10-cents the first lawyer to speak at the APPG migration hearing on the 11th made an amazing impression on me. I'd urge you to listen to the mp3and make your own observations.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:26 am
Firetrak

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
I have direct personal experince with them. I've PM'd you details. Please read them and feel free to PM me back.

For my 10-cents the first lawyer to speak at the APPG migration hearing on the 11th made an amazing impression on me. I'd urge you to listen to the mp3and make your own observations.
Where can I find this podcast, i responded to your pm.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

it's here: http://www.appgmigration.org.uk/meet...idence-session
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

MrsUKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to butt in but where are they based and where can I find a good one (it may be worth the few hundred pounds just to hear someone who knows the ins and outs)??
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:14 am
Firetrak

gryklaw.com they are very good, try and speak to Barry if you can, he is very knowledgeable, you can say Luke sent you..

Once my current case with them is closed i'll update you all regarding the outcome, as it stands right now its looking positive.