I'm in scotland

Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:38 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm in scotland

For 3 weeks,

Its a 'family obligation thing', my mother has not been well and all things considered (very carefully), she is going into a nursing home, so am back to help my bros sell here house etc, and to support him as he has had a hellish time dealing with it all for the last few months.

OMG my first reaction is ITS BLOODY FANTASTIC TO BE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everything feels so 'right', even having pounds in my purse instead of dollars feels better, lol.

On transfer from Dubai i was surrounded by scottish voices and had to take some deep breaths to stop myself from crying, there were two little boys with broad glaswegian accents and track suits, and i had to refrain from cuddling them, which could have resulted in a punch in the gob from their mother lol.

Was met at the airport by my brother and even got a cuddle, and believe me he ain the cuddling type, lol, back to his place, steak pie for dinner, and he had recorded lots of programmes he thought i would like to see, bloomin fantastic, steak pie, red wine, family and good telly, what more could a person want!!, it honestly felt like christmas.

My nephews are now giants, and looking forward to seeing my niece who is at uni, so not here at the mo.

Weather not too bad, was 10 degrees when i arrived and dry, drizzly and grey this morning, but , again feels like the way is should be, :Grin:

All this and i aint even been to tesco yet :bashful:
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:58 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: I'm in scotland

Originally Posted by Margaret3
For 3 weeks,

Its a 'family obligation thing', my mother has not been well and all things considered (very carefully), she is going into a nursing home, so am back to help my bros sell here house etc, and to support him as he has had a hellish time dealing with it all for the last few months.

everything feels so 'right', even having pounds in my purse instead of dollars feels better, lol.

On transfer from Dubai i was surrounded by scottish voices and had to take some deep breaths to stop myself from crying, there were two little boys with broad glaswegian accents and track suits, and i had to refrain from cuddling them, which could have resulted in a punch in the gob from their mother lol.

Was met at the airport by my brother and even got a cuddle, and believe me he ain the cuddling type, lol, back to his place, steak pie for dinner, and he had recorded lots of programmes he thought i would like to see, bloomin fantastic, steak pie, red wine, family and good telly, what more could a person want!!, it honestly felt like christmas.

My nephews are now giants, and looking forward to seeing my niece who is at uni, so not here at the mo.

Weather not too bad, was 10 degrees when i arrived and dry, drizzly and grey this morning, but , again feels like the way is should be, :Grin:

You go girl!!!!!! (to tesco that is )

How is the old home country looking? I would love to be there right now.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds wonderful Margaret, glad you're happy
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:20 am
meonline

meonline is an unknown quantity at this point

For 3 weeks,

I am in Dubai at the moment working without any of my family here (newborn baby back in Glasgow), and I am contemplating going back to Glasgow this Autumn. I cannot get used to this place. There are no basic rights. It is so artificial. If my family came over, we would not be that better off anyway than we all were back in Glasgow when we were together. Leaving Glasgow, now I realise that took a lot of things fron granted thinking I could settle for the long run in Dubai. I am a proud Scot, and now I realise how much I love my country.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of

I hope you get things sorted Margaret and your mom settled in the home.

It's lovely to hear that you are comfortably in your niche, enjoy your stay and soak it all up like a sponge.

Enjoy

Chelle xx
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:18 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe...the Emirates flight to Glasgow is great isn't it! As soon as you get into the gate area you might as well be in Glasgow already! I remember the first time I was on there, there were some real characters and so much Glesgae banter going on......after 2 years in Aus it was a real eye opener. They even all cheered and clapped when the plane landed! I did feel a bit sorry for the crew though.....most of em had no idea what anyone was saying half the time.

Hope all your family matters work out well........and enjoy the trip to Tesco when it comes!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sooo jealous Margaret!!!! Can you give us lots of updates if at all possible?
I could fair get on a plane today out of this hole and get back HOME...yes that's right HOME!!! I f'n hate this place and all the shitting folk in it today.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Hated Emirates but it was GREAT being amongst so many other scots on the plane we had some excellent banter going.

Have a lovely time at home Margaret.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:11 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=bcworld;7292638]Hehe...the Emirates flight to Glasgow is great isn't it! As soon as you get into the gate area you might as well be in Glasgow already! I remember the first time I was on there, there were some real characters and so much Glesgae banter going on......after 2 years in Aus it was a real eye opener. They even all cheered and clapped when the plane landed! I did feel a bit sorry for the crew though.....most of em had no idea what anyone was saying half the time.

H

aint that the truth, it was hilarious, there was even a bit of a fight with two passengers (one being pissed, lol), ahhhhh only on a flight to glasgow
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:12 am
Account Closed

my reaction today, is no way am i going back , who would want to leave a country where you can buy 3 pair of knickers in the supermarked for a quid
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
I'm sooo jealous Margaret!!!! Can you give us lots of updates if at all possible?
I could fair get on a plane today out of this hole and get back HOME...yes that's right HOME!!! I f'n hate this place and all the shitting folk in it today.

will do as i go, today am feeling good, i just feel so relaxed (and i dont know why), being home, am sleeping like a log, and its not just the jetlag, often i wake up and my jaw is sore with clenching my teeth as i sleep, not here, am cured , tis a miracle
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

my reaction today, is no way am i going back , who would want to leave a country where you can buy 3 pair of knickers in the supermarked for a quid
lol someone has been to asda, welcome home! enjoy your stay
xx
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

For 3 weeks,

you "sound" happy and relaxed Margaret just reading your thread...and I can so relate to the sore Jaw..lol...don't think I have slept well in the 11 years here in Aus...but sleep like a log when I am back home....
Hope your Mum is well and settled? have a lovely time....3pairs of knickers for 1pound.....blo-dy ell that won't buy me a Mars bar here in Perth....
All the best and hope your time goes nice and slowly!!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
this made me laugh

I feel like that here in Adelaide today too.Hate the bloody place and most of the people in it.Boring farts
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hate Adelaide but I sure need a break from the place!
The summer gets me down with the searing heat, the brown dried out countryside and the depressing thought that what has just happened in Victoria could just as easily have happened in the Adelaide Hills and probably will one day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.