I'm home!!! :D

Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm home!!! :D

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Good post Jackie....

Thats what you need to hear when you're back in UK wondering on Oz.

Stu...Good luck for Friday. Glad Cyprus was fun
A a pinger, I completely echo what brits1 has said.
Once the novelty of being home has worn off, dont mistake that and the time it takes to settle back in with wanting to be back here - please!!!
Remember it twas nice n all but boring and you didnt want to retire yet.
Keep appreciating the UK & have a sag bhaji pour moi
xxxxxxxx
T
Sag bhaji....an Onion bhaji along with Popedoms and onion & Chutney (free) a pashwari nan, hot, thick and soft.....with a real Chicken Balti....bliss...now that is one reason why you should stay home (England)....anyone in Perth though should visit the Cinnamon on the Park in Vic.Park...the chef is from Birmingham......it's about as good as you can get here but still not a patch on a good British/Indian curry....Stu stop worrying you can come back here when your in your 60's if you want a really, really, really, really quiet retirement....help get me my ticket out of here now!!!! I cannot wait until August or maybe Dec....still not sure which month at the moment but knowing I am going (eventually) is a good feeling now.....
Jackie (brits 1)
Old Jun 25th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Sag bhaji....an Onion bhaji along with Popedoms and onion & Chutney (free) a pashwari nan, hot, thick and soft.....with a real Chicken Balti....bliss...now that is one reason why you should stay home (England)....anyone in Perth though should visit the Cinnamon on the Park in Vic.Park...the chef is from Birmingham......it's about as good as you can get here but still not a patch on a good British/Indian curry....Stu stop worrying you can come back here when your in your 60's if you want a really, really, really, really quiet retirement....help get me my ticket out of here now!!!! I cannot wait until August or maybe Dec....still not sure which month at the moment but knowing I am going (eventually) is a good feeling now.....
Jackie (brits 1)

thanks, that made me laugh. I'm off to btw, just put in for my UK passport renewal. So daft as I still keep wondering if its the right move even though I know it is. Hope your time comes round quickly
Funny isnt it, all those desperate to get a visa to get in & on t'other hand, all those desperte to escape
xxx
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum

thanks, that made me laugh. I'm off to btw, just put in for my UK passport renewal. So daft as I still keep wondering if its the right move even though I know it is. Hope your time comes round quickly
Funny isnt it, all those desperate to get a visa to get in & on t'other hand, all those desperte to escape
xxx
I know but about people coming to Aus. but when we were back in March for 10 weeks the programs that show you just what your life can be like here made me want to come back to Perth sooner!!!!!! yes that is how good anyone can make somewhere look perfect. All I know is that we do not want to get much older (we are 43) before we both go home with our sons. We loved the way people do not go to bed at 9pm during the week, that the social side of life there is different ie pubs, bingo, quiz nights, meals out etc..but we have done the beach and bbq to death now....I love just calling in on friends and new friends we met there were lovely and when they meant "call round at anytime" they really meant it.....lots and lots of things make up for our big homes here and the weather but even when it rains at home there are places for you to see, different towns, stately homes....I had an original Bakewell Tart when we visited Bakewell and it was lovely.....we lived about 40 mins drive from Bakewell and had never been before....always drove by Tatton Hall and never been but we did and it was great to have the choice.....if you feel confused and I did until last week (I will tell you why in a min!!) then I just think of the things that bother me...ie the weather at home....well I can just put a "mack" on and go out with the dog....here if it is to hot I don't go out until evening....I cannot undress (what a sight) to make myself cooler but I can dress to warm myself up if needed....we do have lovely summers in England maybe not as long as here in Aus but when we do have nice weather we can enjoy it more. I will miss the beach but I do not go often...and I do not swim in the ocean as much...I would rather have two weeks in the Med. or somewhere similar so I know I can swim safely....my home..it's big...but if your not really happy it's not really a home...we stayed with my father-in-law in a cottage near the moors and we had the time of our lives really, we watched programs together..we eat together and we got on...here we go off to our rooms after eating...the study, the games room, the lounge wherever...it's nice to have space but it does not bother me if I end up with something smaller as long as we are all happy...going back to the "I will tell you later" I was at a certain fast food place for brekkie the other day, queuing up when two people just pushed in one an adult and another a youth...I did not say anything...I have got past that but just listening to them..."can I" "give me" not a word of thanks or anything (we stopped off at the same fast food chain in a not so good area on our travels in England..nothing bad though but my sons noticed everyone said please etc and everyone and I mean everyone tidied up after themselves)....and the thing is they just don't know as that is there way....and the conversation at the side of us between two couples was enough for my 16 year old to say "get me out of here soon" I thought he meant just the place but no he meant the Country......I looked down the line of life and thought "I do not want my family to end up like this" when I looked around.......I just knew it is the right time to go.....Aus has some really nice things about it but so does Spain, Greece, Portugal and other parts of Europe and other countries....it is cheap to see these places so go and see them....it's not far from Britain. I have gone on again but I do know how you feel , we have all maybe felt like that on this site at sometime....we would not be human if we did'nt. Off for a sandwich now...would much prefer my Curry from Rusholm in Manchester....on any day of the week it is busy and lively and safe..do not believe all you do in the papers......Jackie
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I know but about people coming to Aus. but when we were back in March for 10 weeks the programs that show you just what your life can be like here made me want to come back to Perth sooner!!!!!! yes that is how good anyone can make somewhere look perfect. All I know is that we do not want to get much older (we are 43) before we both go home with our sons. We loved the way people do not go to bed at 9pm during the week, that the social side of life there is different ie pubs, bingo, quiz nights, meals out etc..but we have done the beach and bbq to death now....I love just calling in on friends and new friends we met there were lovely and when they meant "call round at anytime" they really meant it.....lots and lots of things make up for our big homes here and the weather but even when it rains at home there are places for you to see, different towns, stately homes....I had an original Bakewell Tart when we visited Bakewell and it was lovely.....we lived about 40 mins drive from Bakewell and had never been before....always drove by Tatton Hall and never been but we did and it was great to have the choice.....if you feel confused and I did until last week (I will tell you why in a min!!) then I just think of the things that bother me...ie the weather at home....well I can just put a "mack" on and go out with the dog....here if it is to hot I don't go out until evening....I cannot undress (what a sight) to make myself cooler but I can dress to warm myself up if needed....we do have lovely summers in England maybe not as long as here in Aus but when we do have nice weather we can enjoy it more. I will miss the beach but I do not go often...and I do not swim in the ocean as much...I would rather have two weeks in the Med. or somewhere similar so I know I can swim safely....my home..it's big...but if your not really happy it's not really a home...we stayed with my father-in-law in a cottage near the moors and we had the time of our lives really, we watched programs together..we eat together and we got on...here we go off to our rooms after eating...the study, the games room, the lounge wherever...it's nice to have space but it does not bother me if I end up with something smaller as long as we are all happy...going back to the "I will tell you later" I was at a certain fast food place for brekkie the other day, queuing up when two people just pushed in one an adult and another a youth...I did not say anything...I have got past that but just listening to them..."can I" "give me" not a word of thanks or anything (we stopped off at the same fast food chain in a not so good area on our travels in England..nothing bad though but my sons noticed everyone said please etc and everyone and I mean everyone tidied up after themselves)....and the thing is they just don't know as that is there way....and the conversation at the side of us between two couples was enough for my 16 year old to say "get me out of here soon" I thought he meant just the place but no he meant the Country......I looked down the line of life and thought "I do not want my family to end up like this" when I looked around.......I just knew it is the right time to go.....Aus has some really nice things about it but so does Spain, Greece, Portugal and other parts of Europe and other countries....it is cheap to see these places so go and see them....it's not far from Britain. I have gone on again but I do know how you feel , we have all maybe felt like that on this site at sometime....we would not be human if we did'nt. Off for a sandwich now...would much prefer my Curry from Rusholm in Manchester....on any day of the week it is busy and lively and safe..do not believe all you do in the papers......Jackie
Hi Jackie

Good rant woman!!!
I know exactly what you mean. I'm 40 & dont want to spend more time here, I'd rather go back to live & lap up the variety in UK & Europe.
Its very true too that although Oz has many positives & good things, so do many many other places. At end of the day, I just feel like I've got bored of Oz for a multitude of reasons, I find it quite limited. Dont want to slate the place, but for me, theres more positives to the UK. Just being able to go to other places near or far, having humour I love, being able to have access to the countryside, the list goes on.
I do know its the right move , its just that I do like apsects of here.
Most the time I'm really sure, then I wonder, its very annoying indeed, just need to slap myself every now n then. The thought of living where I do for another 2 years even doesnt appeal, lovely as it is, so therein lies the answer.
Hope you love getting back when you do
T
x
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

What a great post!! wish you could convince my 17 year old !!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
What a great post!! wish you could convince my 17 year old !!

Just tell your 17 year old about things to do, ie groups they can go and watch and not "has beens" fashion at brilliant prices, holidays they can afford to go on with their friends.....having light summer evenings......different towns and cities they can visit and all in the same country without getting on a plane...ofcourse a visit to Manchester is a must...one of the "hippest cities" in England, I am biased but we were there in March/April/May 07 and it is amazing what they have done to Manchester...you can ski shortly at the Trafford Centre as they have nearly finished the indoor ski centre.....if you want skiing holidays you can go to France, Germany, Austria etc my nephews and nieces have even gone snowboarding to Canada and Japan....and they are just regular everyday young people....oh I could go on and on....what a chance for a 17 year old....as much as I have enjoyed most of our 9 years here in Perth I know I am grateful for my teenage years etc in Britain, there are also excellent job opportunities there. Anyway got to go my son has a school football (yes football and no soccer) game for school vs Wesley College....so I have to go now and look posh...... oh I forgot to add Alton Towers, Blackpool etc all those places youngsters should experience....oh the Royal Show......they just do not have it.....Bye