I'm home!!! :D

Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm home!!! :D

Glad to hear you have landed safely.

Enjoy Blighty and all it has to offer.

Good luck with the job hunting and house hunting too.

LibbyX
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:12 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, so happy for you remember to keep us updated!!

kezx
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc
Well we've finally arrived back to sunny Wigan, or rather not so sunny today as its cloudy but thats fine by me!

I must admit that at the minute I dont know which country I'm in, which time zone it is and I'm thoroughly amazed that its still morning here!! We've been travelling for 24 hrs with no sleep so I'm all over the place! lol. I have to board another plane to Cyprus on Sunday too!

I've got to say that at the minute I'm over the bloody moon to be back! I haven't even ventured outside properly yet but to see the lovely countryside as we were coming in to land and then driving back to Wigan from Manchester Airport and seeing old country pubs and cows in fields etc, just those little things made me happy to be back!

I'm under no illusion that I will be wearing the rose tints again for a while but so far I'm 100% sure that we did the right thing in coming back home and not waiting for another 2 yrs for the citizenship etc. We can always change our mind on that front over the next few years anyway.

Been busy unpacking and changing my details with banks and tax office's etc since we got back but I'm now off for a well deserved shower and maybe a nap, although it may be easier on the body clock if I try and stay awake until tonight, not sure if I'll make it though! lol.

Oh and if anybody's worried about the luggage allowance with Singapore Airlines, dont be! We were only supposed to have 20kg each but my case was 26.5 and the gf's was 28 and they were put through no questions asked! They just put a "Heavy Baggage" sticker on them and sent them on their way! lol, so that helped.

Just have to find a job and a car now!!

Speak to you soon.

Stu
Good to hear you arrived safe and well. Good luck in your job search, if you find more than one can I have the other, im having NOOOO luck at all, and Ive jsut bought a house. AARGGGGHHHHH

regards

lolly
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:46 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Great to hear you arrived safe and sound.

This will be us two weeks tomorrow, I can't wait!

Have a great time in Cyprus.

Look forward to the updates.

All the best

TTxx
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,

Well I managed to stay awake until about 10pm last night so I'd been up for about 48 hrs, wanted to try and stay awake so that we slept through the night here, I feel a lot better for it today though but we'll see how it goes! lol.

Its been grey sky's and raining here since we landed and its bloody great!!

Still looking into jobs and cars etc but not sure if anything will be sorted for a week or so with us going to Cyprus on Sunday.

First morning waking up in the UK anyway and we're still very happy to be home!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,

Well I managed to stay awake until about 10pm last night so I'd been up for about 48 hrs, wanted to try and stay awake so that we slept through the night here, I feel a lot better for it today though but we'll see how it goes! lol.

Its been grey sky's and raining here since we landed and its bloody great!!

Still looking into jobs and cars etc but not sure if anything will be sorted for a week or so with us going to Cyprus on Sunday.

First morning waking up in the UK anyway and we're still very happy to be home!
All the best mate, I'm glad you're happy with your decision.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
All the best mate, I'm glad you're happy with your decision.
Thanks Wendy.

Just had an email today as well, I've got a job interview soon at a large law firm in Horwich, near the Reebok Stadium (Bolton's footy ground). I applied for the job while I was still in Oz and didn't expect to hear anything but thankfully I'll have an interview once we're back from Cyprus, so fingers crossed that it goes well. Apparently I'll be there for 3 hours!! as I have to do a psychometric test, a case study and then the interview! Not sure what the first 2 parts will entail but I'll soon find out!

Things are moving in the right direction anyway.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy.

Just had an email today as well, I've got a job interview soon at a large law firm in Horwich, near the Reebok Stadium (Bolton's footy ground). I applied for the job while I was still in Oz and didn't expect to hear anything but thankfully I'll have an interview once we're back from Cyprus, so fingers crossed that it goes well. Apparently I'll be there for 3 hours!! as I have to do a psychometric test, a case study and then the interview! Not sure what the first 2 parts will entail but I'll soon find out!

Don't envy you the physcometric test, they are horribe! Here get practising http://alison.com/course/view.php?id=10&prepage=1

I will keep my fingers crossed for you
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wendy
Don't envy you the physcometric test, they are horribe! Here get practising http://alison.com/course/view.php?id=10&prepage=1

I will keep my fingers crossed for you
Cheers for the link Wendy, it may come in handy that!

I know what you mean though, I think they're a load of nonesense myself but sadly its gotta be done!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all

Glad you got back safely Stu....

Good to hear about the Singapore Airlines lax luggage rules, I got to face them tomorrow morning...lol

keep us in touch with your progress buddy.

Well done on the interview, and have a great time in Cyprus.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jobart
Glad you got back safely Stu....

Good to hear about the Singapore Airlines lax luggage rules, I got to face them tomorrow morning...lol

keep us in touch with your progress buddy.

Well done on the interview, and have a great time in Cyprus.
Cheers mate,

All the best with your flight back tomoz, I'm sure you'll have no probs with the luggage.

Good luck back in the UK and let us know how you're getting on.

Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers mate,

All the best with your flight back tomoz, I'm sure you'll have no probs with the luggage.

Good luck back in the UK and let us know how you're getting on.

Good luck with the interview when you get back Stu.
A step in the right direction.

Lynne
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy.

Good luck with the job Stu
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:29 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

All the best.

Look forward to hearing more updates!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks.

Well we paid a visit to our favourite Indian restaurant last night, and it was bloody fantastic!! lol. We had poppadoms and a chutney tray (mint sauce, onions, mango chutney, lime pickle etc) and then pilau rice and I had a Chicken Tikka Garlic Chilli (exremely hot!) and the OH had Chicken Tikka Massala (for the less adventurous), we also had a garlic naan bread! I'd been waiting 6 months for all of that! The ones I had in Perth were terrible but this was the real deal! lol

The only problem was I was feeling quite dizzy with the jet lag, like I'd been on the waltzer for 3 hours etc! Woke up at 2.30am then 5.30am this morning and didn't get back to sleep. Hopefully I will be over it by Sunday before we fly off to Cyprus!

Going to a friends house tonight to catch up and have some beers in his local village pub, looking forward to it!

So its our 3rd morning back in blighty and we're still very happy to be here, even though its not stopped raining since we landed!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.