I'm Home!!!

Old May 14th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm Home!!!

LouiseD, you took the words right out of my mouth, there I was just thinking about the reply to give and there you were, word for word!

John: PS Whatever it is you think you miss in the UK, really doesnt exist here anymore....I promise.

And thats where you are wrong, the life I want does exist over there, always has and its nothing to do with family either, its the way of life, the quality of life and most important health, my health. So don't generalise on this, you don't understand about other people, you know yourself and what you want but you have no idea what I and everyone else wants and needs. I can understand where you are coming from but its a sweeping statement that has no grounding at all.

Di
Old May 14th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PLANTS
LouiseD, you took the words right out of my mouth, there I was just thinking about the reply to give and there you were, word for word!

John: PS Whatever it is you think you miss in the UK, really doesnt exist here anymore....I promise.

And thats where you are wrong, the life I want does exist over there, always has and its nothing to do with family either, its the way of life, the quality of life and most important health, my health. So don't generalise on this, you don't understand about other people, you know yourself and what you want but you have no idea what I and everyone else wants and needs. I can understand where you are coming from but its a sweeping statement that has no grounding at all.

Di
Well said Plants.
You have to live here to know if its for you short, long or no term I think.
Many good things here, same for UK, ditto for not so good in both. At the end of the day its a very individual thing - whether you love living here enough to stay or miss some fundamentals from home that make a 'quality of life'.
Walking through open countryside & woods, changing landscapes/places easily accessible and the sheer diversity of UK are for me things I cannot have here and miss ALOT. (oh and men I can relate to alot more than most Ozzie men).Much as love other stuff here, we have to weigh the pros and cons and go from there.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post so happy for you.

Stacey x
Old May 15th 2007, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Hi all,

Just thought I'd better check in and let you know we are back safe and sound. The boys were absolutely brilliant on the plane (no drugs necessary). Had a good flight apart from the obvious uncomfortableness of it. Watched a couple of films, a few meals, bought a pair of Gucci sunglasses (couldn't resist at Singapore airport, have a bit of a sunglasses fetish) and hey presto, back at Heathrow at 6am, freezing and raining!! Did we care?? NO WAY!!! So happy to be going down the M4 towards our home. We went back to my Mum and Dad's with my brother and sister in law and Mum cooked the big brekkie including Richmond sausages. Haven't had a better breakfast for 2 yrs. Got ourselves showered etc. and then I decided to go and have a look at a car I'd seen on the autotrader website whilst still in Oz. Anyway, ended up all of us traipsing over to Weybridge and buying it!! Should be getting it tomorrow. OH said "I can't believe you, we've only been back 6 hours and you've bought a bloody car!" Got to get sorted out I said, can't be doing with depending on people for lifts.
We moved into our rental yesterday, it's a 2 bed Victorian terraced house and I thought I'd notice the lack of space but to be absolutely honest, I haven't. There's enough room for Flynn to play and there's so much character! Stripped floors, fireplaces etc. Didn't stop all day with my brother and sis in laws help. Got all our clothes etc. put away and beds made then made the all important trip to Asda. I know you lot always say how cheap it is, but I spent £320!! Mind you, we did have 3 trolleys full up!! Had to get stuff like ironing board etc. so that accounted for a lot of the spend. Mind you, couldn't resist the "get 2 for a fiver" things. Got enough food for a month I reckon!! All my friends popped in, one put the cot together, another's husband brought us round a microwave and changed the plug back to a UK one (they also lived in Perth but only lasted 5 mths). He also went to the shop and got tea, coffee, sugar and 2 bottles of wine + a bag of doughnuts!!! Been this morning and booked Flynn to start nursery next week and have made appointments to register with docs and dentist. Mark got a job to start tomorrow with his brother so we are well and truly sorted!!

I feel weird because I just feel like I never left here and I think the reason for that is that I don't really have any good memories of Perth to remember so don't feel like I've even been away. I thought that I would want to go and look at the river etc etc but I don't feel the need as it's always been here and is part of everyday life. This is my home and no matter where we had moved to in the World, nowhere could take it's place. It's where my whole life has been, all my friends, family and memories. There really is no place like it.

Got to go, Mum's taking me to Next to get some new clothes for the kids. Aren't you jealous
Jo
xxx
Jo,

What airline did you fly with & did you get a bassinette? How would you rate the service when flying with the baby?
Old May 15th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me
Jo,

What airline did you fly with & did you get a bassinette? How would you rate the service when flying with the baby?
Hi

We flew with Singapore and got a bassinette. You need to book it when you book the tickets. They were very good the last time we flew with them so this time we chose them again.

Back to normality for us now! Just feels like we never left, Mark is working but finding it really tiring as he has been off for 6mths with tendonitis and had an operation just before we left Oz. He can hardly walk when he gets home from work! I have got a horrible cold which is unusual for me as I don't normally get colds. I think it's probably a culmination of the stress of the last few weeks in Oz, the plane journey, the change of climate etc. Feeling like my head is blocked but hopefully it won't be for long. Flynn started nursery yesterday and seemed keen to go but then on the way he said he wanted to go to his old school in Australia. Felt really sad for him, but as soon as we arrived he was off! Thoroughly enjoyed it and the teacher said it seemed like he'd been there for ages and that he was very polite when I collected him!! Little does she know..... just give it a week or so! He went off quite happily this morning and took Spiderman with him. I think that helped as they are allowed to take a toy to show the others and they're all kept in a box whilst they are there and they give them back to bring home. He liked this idea as he wasn't allowed to take anything to daycare. The baby is fine, he was a bit funny for a few days, too many new people holding him and cooing I think. Back to his usual happy self now. Got my car last Thursday and love it, it's a BMW touring, a few years old, but lovely to drive and good to fit my 3 wheeler in and all the kid's crap. Mark bought a van off someone he knows so we're all sorted. Got to go now, got some house viewings. The houses are SOOOOOOOOO expensive, but I'm sure something will come up soon.

Hope you are all well

Jo
xxx
Old May 15th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We flew with Singapore and got a bassinette. You need to book it when you book the tickets. They were very good the last time we flew with them so this time we chose them again.

Back to normality for us now! Just feels like we never left, Mark is working but finding it really tiring as he has been off for 6mths with tendonitis and had an operation just before we left Oz. He can hardly walk when he gets home from work! I have got a horrible cold which is unusual for me as I don't normally get colds. I think it's probably a culmination of the stress of the last few weeks in Oz, the plane journey, the change of climate etc. Feeling like my head is blocked but hopefully it won't be for long. Flynn started nursery yesterday and seemed keen to go but then on the way he said he wanted to go to his old school in Australia. Felt really sad for him, but as soon as we arrived he was off! Thoroughly enjoyed it and the teacher said it seemed like he'd been there for ages and that he was very polite when I collected him!! Little does she know..... just give it a week or so! He went off quite happily this morning and took Spiderman with him. I think that helped as they are allowed to take a toy to show the others and they're all kept in a box whilst they are there and they give them back to bring home. He liked this idea as he wasn't allowed to take anything to daycare. The baby is fine, he was a bit funny for a few days, too many new people holding him and cooing I think. Back to his usual happy self now. Got my car last Thursday and love it, it's a BMW touring, a few years old, but lovely to drive and good to fit my 3 wheeler in and all the kid's crap. Mark bought a van off someone he knows so we're all sorted. Got to go now, got some house viewings. The houses are SOOOOOOOOO expensive, but I'm sure something will come up soon.

Hope you are all well

Jo
xxx
Jo

So glad you're happily back home
Makes me excited at the prospect of going home
Keep on enjoying it
x
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Just thought I'd better check in and let you know we are back safe and sound. The boys were absolutely brilliant on the plane (no drugs necessary). Had a good flight apart from the obvious uncomfortableness of it. Watched a couple of films, a few meals, bought a pair of Gucci sunglasses (couldn't resist at Singapore airport, have a bit of a sunglasses fetish) and hey presto, back at Heathrow at 6am, freezing and raining!! Did we care?? NO WAY!!! So happy to be going down the M4 towards our home. We went back to my Mum and Dad's with my brother and sister in law and Mum cooked the big brekkie including Richmond sausages. Haven't had a better breakfast for 2 yrs. Got ourselves showered etc. and then I decided to go and have a look at a car I'd seen on the autotrader website whilst still in Oz. Anyway, ended up all of us traipsing over to Weybridge and buying it!! Should be getting it tomorrow. OH said "I can't believe you, we've only been back 6 hours and you've bought a bloody car!" Got to get sorted out I said, can't be doing with depending on people for lifts.
We moved into our rental yesterday, it's a 2 bed Victorian terraced house and I thought I'd notice the lack of space but to be absolutely honest, I haven't. There's enough room for Flynn to play and there's so much character! Stripped floors, fireplaces etc. Didn't stop all day with my brother and sis in laws help. Got all our clothes etc. put away and beds made then made the all important trip to Asda. I know you lot always say how cheap it is, but I spent £320!! Mind you, we did have 3 trolleys full up!! Had to get stuff like ironing board etc. so that accounted for a lot of the spend. Mind you, couldn't resist the "get 2 for a fiver" things. Got enough food for a month I reckon!! All my friends popped in, one put the cot together, another's husband brought us round a microwave and changed the plug back to a UK one (they also lived in Perth but only lasted 5 mths). He also went to the shop and got tea, coffee, sugar and 2 bottles of wine + a bag of doughnuts!!! Been this morning and booked Flynn to start nursery next week and have made appointments to register with docs and dentist. Mark got a job to start tomorrow with his brother so we are well and truly sorted!!

I feel weird because I just feel like I never left here and I think the reason for that is that I don't really have any good memories of Perth to remember so don't feel like I've even been away. I thought that I would want to go and look at the river etc etc but I don't feel the need as it's always been here and is part of everyday life. This is my home and no matter where we had moved to in the World, nowhere could take it's place. It's where my whole life has been, all my friends, family and memories. There really is no place like it.

Got to go, Mum's taking me to Next to get some new clothes for the kids. Aren't you jealous
Jo
xxx
Hi Jo, Just came across this on the site - so glad all has worked out for you. It was great to meet you if only for that one afternoon but you definitely appear to have made the right move for you and your family. We are still really happy here and celebrate our one year anniversary next Sunday!! All my best wishes for the future. Lucy x
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:42 am
Banned

britainsamess is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys really are painful to read. I used to think the aussies idea of 'whinging' and its association with Britons was unfair. Now I see their point. Can I ask a question... if you dislike Australia so much, why on earth are you all haranguing each other to stay around 'for citizenship'? That is ridiculous, at least do Australia a favour and clear off for good.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:57 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britainsamess
You guys really are painful to read. I used to think the aussies idea of 'whinging' and its association with Britons was unfair. Now I see their point. Can I ask a question... if you dislike Australia so much, why on earth are you all haranguing each other to stay around 'for citizenship'? That is ridiculous, at least do Australia a favour and clear off for good.

Ooooooohh TROLL alert!!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Actually most of us dont hate oz!!! we just prefer UK.

And as for citizenship, IMO why shouldnt we get it!!! half the immigrants in UK get UK citizenship and also just cos we are unhappy, our offspring might like to make a life here in the future, I for one feel it IS our right to get it, as we have for at least approx 3 years contributed to this country......

We are not whinging we are expressing our point of view and you dont have to read it if you dont like it!!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi there

If someone wants to stay for citzenship, its their privilege as a PR. It may seem contrary if they dont like it I agree. People may not love it here but still want the option for the future. Also, many people here dont hate oz, just prefer the idea of the UK. Its a moving back forum. After having upped & moved here, I'm glad I got my citizenship, even though I'm homeward bound.
Some people here really want to leave but cant due to a range of circumstances, whether it be financial, children at college, one partner wanting to stay, waiting to sell a business or property - this place is good for them for support, emapthy & to have a good old moan.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently your only intention in joining this site was to wind people up. Therefore your account has been disabled.