I'm Home!!!

Old May 12th 2007, 5:19 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm Home!!!

Originally Posted by wafc
Thats a rather crazy statement which just isn't true unless you know of the reasons why a particular person wants to return, and even then your opinion may vary greatly to theirs. Friends and family always (for a good while anyway!) exist for instance!
You know not of what you speak! I am now cancelling my plans to return based on the heresay of an internet nobody. It all makes sense now!
Old May 12th 2007, 6:46 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wafc
Thats a rather crazy statement which just isn't true unless you know of the reasons why a particular person wants to return, and even then your opinion may vary greatly to theirs. Friends and family always (for a good while anyway!) exist for instance!
A funny thing, the irony of my post and your response is you're right 100%, it is a crazy statement, but again what you think your missing, doesn't really exist..I ve read that about other migrators before me, understand it about myself! and know without knowing other peoples circumstances that are even thinking about coming back to the UK that its true of them as well without even knowing them.

I'm not sure how to put it into a few words, maybe its an excuse to justify a return to the UK, but whatever makes you do it, the vast majority, will for sure in some way compare, regret and possibly rethink it. My advice is simply rethink it now and give it a chance now, not for 6 months as integration may take years.

Finally I believe people that have Ping Ponged come to an internal peace and happy place in their life and except things for the way they are, reminds me of the old phrase Old Head, young shoulders etc, however, like a first love it is something they always think about.

John

Last edited by dozy_muppet03; May 12th 2007 at 6:55 pm.
Old May 12th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dozy_muppet03

Whatever it is you think you miss in the UK, really doesnt exist here anymore....I promise.

arrrrse!
Old May 12th 2007, 8:19 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

A funny thing, the irony of my post and your response is you're right 100%, it is a crazy statement, but again what you think your missing, doesn't really exist..I ve read that about other migrators before me, understand it about myself! and know without knowing other peoples circumstances that are even thinking about coming back to the UK that its true of them as well without even knowing them.

I'm not sure how to put it into a few words, maybe its an excuse to justify a return to the UK, but whatever makes you do it, the vast majority, will for sure in some way compare, regret and possibly rethink it. My advice is simply rethink it now and give it a chance now, not for 6 months as integration may take years.

Finally I believe people that have Ping Ponged come to an internal peace and happy place in their life and except things for the way they are, reminds me of the old phrase Old Head, young shoulders etc, however, like a first love it is something they always think about.

John

Oh John Pleeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!

Everyone is different. What works for one doesn't work for another. I know of people who moved to Oz years ago and wouldn't ever dream of coming back - they love their life there, love the place, the people, everything.

I on the other hand love the UK. I love it all warts and all. I love everything about my life here and whilst I didn't hate Oz, I couldn't live there permanently. I made a decision to come home and haven't had one moment's regret.

You simply cannot tell people what to do or how to feel because you don't live their life. You don't know how they feel, what they like/dislike, what they miss, what their job is, how they are financially etc. etc. You can only live your life. No-one elses. Please give people credit for knowing how they feel. Just because we love living our lives in the UK doesn't mean we need carers to make decisions for us.

And where on God's earth do you get your information to assume that the vast majority of people who return regret it? Have you spoken to all these people
Old May 12th 2007, 8:27 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how to put it into a few words, maybe its an excuse to justify a return to the UK
It's my job to wind people up here, not yours
Old May 13th 2007, 1:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
It's my job to wind people up here, not yours
and it was mine before yours
Old May 13th 2007, 1:35 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Such an impressive list of predecessors, I should back out now John!!
Old May 13th 2007, 1:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Such an impressive list of predecessors, I should back out now John!!
Anyone can be argumentative behind a keyboard Tracey.

Happy Mothers Day
Old May 13th 2007, 3:35 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

PS Whatever it is you think you miss in the UK, really doesnt exist here anymore....I promise.
All I can say politely to that is...'cobblers'.

John
Just how long were you away before you returned? Then how long after that did you decide to boomerang? Are you a 'born again' by any chance?
Old May 13th 2007, 7:27 am
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
All I can say politely to that is...'cobblers'.

Just how long were you away before you returned? Then how long after that did you decide to boomerang? Are you a 'born again' by any chance?
1st time was 9 months then Grandmother died, came back for family support, however that slowly went away and then everything went back to normal until I had a WTF am I doing here moment and flew back to Canada.

2nd time 15 years later Father died, mother fell to pieces & rest of family such a big factor in the 1st time had all gone their separate ways, so I took a contract job here in the UK as my mother needed a lot of help.

Again a year into being back here, I'm acutely aware of a new breed of people affectionately called CHAVS, YOB culture, Binge Drinkers, ASBOs and yes had a born again moment thinking WTF am I doing here, seriously, this country has gone to pots moment. However, slight problem and not easy for me to simply go as I have now married my child hood sweetheart and am currently sponsoring her, but thats another story in another forum as everyone here seems to very defensive and high school like. But there you are, you asked, now you know.

Regards

John
Old May 13th 2007, 1:12 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Hi all,

Got to go, Mum's taking me to Next to get some new clothes for the kids. Aren't you jealous
Jo
xxx
Excellent post, cant quite see what all the fuss is about though, all of us wouldnt live back in the UK if we were offered a free house, Australia is fantastic (for us anyway) I simply couldnt bear the thought of the M61, M6, M5, M1 etc etc, the sludge in the winter, the incredible cold, the bloody central heating, that is basically on 10 months of the year, and as for Next, at least you have the sense to get your Mum to pay their ridiculous prices for childrens clothes, give me Target any day of the week for childrens clothes.

Enjoy your new life, but try and remember some of the good things you have left behind.
Old May 13th 2007, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

adeleakid is an unknown quantity at this point

Target? Cheap and nasty clothes
Old May 14th 2007, 1:51 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adeleakid
Target? Cheap and nasty clothes
Too bloody right
Old May 14th 2007, 2:40 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Excellent post, cant quite see what all the fuss is about though, all of us wouldnt live back in the UK if we were offered a free house, Australia is fantastic (for us anyway) I simply couldnt bear the thought of the M61, M6, M5, M1 etc etc, the sludge in the winter, the incredible cold, the bloody central heating, that is basically on 10 months of the year, and as for Next, at least you have the sense to get your Mum to pay their ridiculous prices for childrens clothes, give me Target any day of the week for childrens clothes.

Enjoy your new life, but try and remember some of the good things you have left behind.
Target!!?? You're having a laugh. You just must be. I'll give an example, all the babies socks and clothes I've bought from Target last a few weeks at best, whereas the stuff we buy for him from the UK on each trip still looks as good as new. We have an M&S romper suit and a Target one and there is no contest. The good quality non Target stuff is good enough to pass on to other kids when he's done with them and the Target stuff usually goes in the bin long before he's grown out of them.

Target! LOL. Good quality....LOL....made my day thanks....
Old May 14th 2007, 2:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers

It isn't often I agree with Arkon so mark the day on your calendar!! You see I am as settled as anyone can be but give me Next for my kids clothes any day of the week. I manage with Target as its the best of a bad lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.