I'm Home!!!

Old May 9th 2007, 12:06 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm Home!!!

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Hi all,

Just thought I'd better check in and let you know we are back safe and sound. The boys were absolutely brilliant on the plane (no drugs necessary). Had a good flight apart from the obvious uncomfortableness of it. Watched a couple of films, a few meals, bought a pair of Gucci sunglasses (couldn't resist at Singapore airport, have a bit of a sunglasses fetish) and hey presto, back at Heathrow at 6am, freezing and raining!! Did we care?? NO WAY!!! So happy to be going down the M4 towards our home. We went back to my Mum and Dad's with my brother and sister in law and Mum cooked the big brekkie including Richmond sausages. Haven't had a better breakfast for 2 yrs. Got ourselves showered etc. and then I decided to go and have a look at a car I'd seen on the autotrader website whilst still in Oz. Anyway, ended up all of us traipsing over to Weybridge and buying it!! Should be getting it tomorrow. OH said "I can't believe you, we've only been back 6 hours and you've bought a bloody car!" Got to get sorted out I said, can't be doing with depending on people for lifts.
We moved into our rental yesterday, it's a 2 bed Victorian terraced house and I thought I'd notice the lack of space but to be absolutely honest, I haven't. There's enough room for Flynn to play and there's so much character! Stripped floors, fireplaces etc. Didn't stop all day with my brother and sis in laws help. Got all our clothes etc. put away and beds made then made the all important trip to Asda. I know you lot always say how cheap it is, but I spent £320!! Mind you, we did have 3 trolleys full up!! Had to get stuff like ironing board etc. so that accounted for a lot of the spend. Mind you, couldn't resist the "get 2 for a fiver" things. Got enough food for a month I reckon!! All my friends popped in, one put the cot together, another's husband brought us round a microwave and changed the plug back to a UK one (they also lived in Perth but only lasted 5 mths). He also went to the shop and got tea, coffee, sugar and 2 bottles of wine + a bag of doughnuts!!! Been this morning and booked Flynn to start nursery next week and have made appointments to register with docs and dentist. Mark got a job to start tomorrow with his brother so we are well and truly sorted!!

I feel weird because I just feel like I never left here and I think the reason for that is that I don't really have any good memories of Perth to remember so don't feel like I've even been away. I thought that I would want to go and look at the river etc etc but I don't feel the need as it's always been here and is part of everyday life. This is my home and no matter where we had moved to in the World, nowhere could take it's place. It's where my whole life has been, all my friends, family and memories. There really is no place like it.

Got to go, Mum's taking me to Next to get some new clothes for the kids. Aren't you jealous
Jo
xxx

omg, your excitment oozes from this post!!! you made me smile and have glass eyes!!
well done you, im so so pleased for you all
goodluck with your new life
xx
Old May 9th 2007, 12:09 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Just thought I'd better check in and let you know we are back safe and sound. The boys were absolutely brilliant on the plane (no drugs necessary). Had a good flight apart from the obvious uncomfortableness of it. Watched a couple of films, a few meals, bought a pair of Gucci sunglasses (couldn't resist at Singapore airport, have a bit of a sunglasses fetish) and hey presto, back at Heathrow at 6am, freezing and raining!! Did we care?? NO WAY!!! So happy to be going down the M4 towards our home. We went back to my Mum and Dad's with my brother and sister in law and Mum cooked the big brekkie including Richmond sausages. Haven't had a better breakfast for 2 yrs. Got ourselves showered etc. and then I decided to go and have a look at a car I'd seen on the autotrader website whilst still in Oz. Anyway, ended up all of us traipsing over to Weybridge and buying it!! Should be getting it tomorrow. OH said "I can't believe you, we've only been back 6 hours and you've bought a bloody car!" Got to get sorted out I said, can't be doing with depending on people for lifts.
We moved into our rental yesterday, it's a 2 bed Victorian terraced house and I thought I'd notice the lack of space but to be absolutely honest, I haven't. There's enough room for Flynn to play and there's so much character! Stripped floors, fireplaces etc. Didn't stop all day with my brother and sis in laws help. Got all our clothes etc. put away and beds made then made the all important trip to Asda. I know you lot always say how cheap it is, but I spent £320!! Mind you, we did have 3 trolleys full up!! Had to get stuff like ironing board etc. so that accounted for a lot of the spend. Mind you, couldn't resist the "get 2 for a fiver" things. Got enough food for a month I reckon!! All my friends popped in, one put the cot together, another's husband brought us round a microwave and changed the plug back to a UK one (they also lived in Perth but only lasted 5 mths). He also went to the shop and got tea, coffee, sugar and 2 bottles of wine + a bag of doughnuts!!! Been this morning and booked Flynn to start nursery next week and have made appointments to register with docs and dentist. Mark got a job to start tomorrow with his brother so we are well and truly sorted!!

I feel weird because I just feel like I never left here and I think the reason for that is that I don't really have any good memories of Perth to remember so don't feel like I've even been away. I thought that I would want to go and look at the river etc etc but I don't feel the need as it's always been here and is part of everyday life. This is my home and no matter where we had moved to in the World, nowhere could take it's place. It's where my whole life has been, all my friends, family and memories. There really is no place like it.

Got to go, Mum's taking me to Next to get some new clothes for the kids. Aren't you jealous
Jo
xxx
Ah, what a lovely post, so positive.

Glad that you are enjoying your time back in the UK.

tinkaxx
Old May 9th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Jo
xxx
So nice to hear a very happy bunny glad to be home again
Keep enjoying it
Old May 9th 2007, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Hi all,

Jo
xxx
Glad you got home safe & sound Jo, enjoy every second of it.
Old May 9th 2007, 1:14 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Thanks for posting that Jo, lovely and positive, just what I need this morning.
All the best to you all,

Deb x
Old May 9th 2007, 2:43 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Did you get me return text??

Glad your all ok and arrived safetly. dont forget to e-mail me that insurance address please.

House on market. first viewing tomorrow. All you guys wanna have a look its at www.open2view.com.au id code 25020 but should be on real estate and they forgot to photo Roberts room so gotta do that tomorrow.

Good luck to you all and keep in touch....

Kath
Just looked at the photo's Kath. House looks tip top, your going to sell that no problem. You'll be out of here as fast as JO
Old May 9th 2007, 8:25 am
Just Joined

lozza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am soooo jealous especially the bit about next, haven't bought any decent clothes here in Perth and I love next. Hubby said as soon as we get home I should go treat myself and I will !!!!!!!
Glad you happy to be home, good luck.
Old May 9th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jo and gang

So glad you have settled in. I am really pleased for you.

heres to being back home and happy.

Speak soon

Sandra x
Old May 9th 2007, 11:42 am
Just Joined

NotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really nice

God, I really can't wait for that day when I am flying home, but unfortunately it's in the dim and distant future. But still it's nice to hear form others that have done it, just warms my heart to know that it will be me one day.
Old May 9th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NotQuiteSure
God, I really can't wait for that day when I am flying home, but unfortunately it's in the dim and distant future. But still it's nice to hear form others that have done it, just warms my heart to know that it will be me one day.
Where r u?
Old May 9th 2007, 11:54 am
Just Joined

NotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really niceNotQuiteSure is just really nice

Can't you guess.................Perth
Old May 9th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Can't you guess.................Perth
My God that place does not sound like fun and games.
Old May 9th 2007, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

No it's not too bad, I just know that it's not for me long term but have to sit it out for citizenship. I just feel like I'm biding my time until I can go home. I shouldn't feel like that and try and enjoy it, which I do some of the time but not enough to make me want to stay. I feel like I have retired but am still in my early thirties, everthing shuts round here at 10pm even at weekends, I'm not talking about the city but locally. Anyway enough of a moan for now, it's just nice to get it off your chest.
Old May 9th 2007, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

No it's not too bad, I just know that it's not for me long term but have to sit it out for citizenship. I just feel like I'm biding my time until I can go home. I shouldn't feel like that and try and enjoy it, which I do some of the time but not enough to make me want to stay. I feel like I have retired but am still in my early thirties, everthing shuts round here at 10pm even at weekends, I'm not talking about the city but locally. Anyway enough of a moan for now, it's just nice to get it off your chest.
Good old Perth eh!!!!

Where in Perth are you? We are in Carramar. Nice place , but dull as dishwater.
Funny how Perth has so many of us saying the same thing. Even this citizenship lark what a ball ache!
Old May 9th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Well all I will say is the northern suburbs and not far from you in Carramar. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to get caught out slagging Perth off, sorry a bit of a chicken really aren't I. Everyone keeps telling me it's a lovely place to bring up our kids, but what about my life.. I still have quite a few years left, I need to still have some quality of life don't I, or is that being selfish ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.