I'm HOME!!!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:52 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm HOME!!!

Originally Posted by rincewind
You lucky, lucky git!!!

All the best and share a tear for me. I miss the place too
Cheer up mate, you live near the world's biggest fish tank - life ain't all bad
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Dually is a jewel in the roughDually is a jewel in the roughDually is a jewel in the roughDually is a jewel in the roughDually is a jewel in the rough

Calle,

Oops - you've got me covered on the other forum - catch me on that one

(Scotlandbound)
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:27 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Cheer up mate, you live near the world's biggest fish tank - life ain't all bad
I thought the air was bad

It would take more than fish for me to call this place a home.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

What a great post! We kicked around the idea of taking the QM2 over but never did follow thru on it.....now I wish we had.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 11:06 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

never really come on the 'moving back to uk' forums, but i have read this one.

you sound sooooo happy. it's got to be for the best. hope everything works out great for you and your family (job/house/education wise). alsager is lovely, the further north, the more your money will get you, and the nicer the people get!!! (im from north manchester, he he!!)

good luck and enjoy your new life back in ol' blighty.
xx
Old Dec 19th 2005, 4:47 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

hello everybody! I know I havent been on here much lately. I do try to have a quick read every day to see how you are all doing. And I have read all of your replies to my thread. I want to thank you all for your well wishes. Really, it makes me smile and I know I am not alone in this 'settling in' period. Although we are still getting round the differences and trying to get our bearings and settle, it's been great. And Christmas is so special here! I think living in a small village has a lot to do with that. We've had so many carolers around and everyone is so friendly! Shopping is so much fun. We have been looking through the Christmas shops as well, looking for those nice British decorations. Some to keep and some to send to the states to my sisters. And of course we had to get the 'top Christmas songs' cd. We've been glued to the telly on Sat. night for x-factor. And we found a nice little outlet mall in Talke. Wow, great prices! We've been so busy... in a few days we will go to Manchester to Trafford center to shop. Got so much to do!
My son is registered in school finally and will begin after the holidays. My daughter is still getting sorted. But we are getting there!
will update after the holidays. Merry Christmas all!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:54 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

......and a very merry, merry christmas to you Callé. Wishing you the best time ever!

Sue

Originally Posted by callé
hello everybody! I know I havent been on here much lately. I do try to have a quick read every day to see how you are all doing. And I have read all of your replies to my thread. I want to thank you all for your well wishes. Really, it makes me smile and I know I am not alone in this 'settling in' period. Although we are still getting round the differences and trying to get our bearings and settle, it's been great. And Christmas is so special here! I think living in a small village has a lot to do with that. We've had so many carolers around and everyone is so friendly! Shopping is so much fun. We have been looking through the Christmas shops as well, looking for those nice British decorations. Some to keep and some to send to the states to my sisters. And of course we had to get the 'top Christmas songs' cd. We've been glued to the telly on Sat. night for x-factor. And we found a nice little outlet mall in Talke. Wow, great prices! We've been so busy... in a few days we will go to Manchester to Trafford center to shop. Got so much to do!
My son is registered in school finally and will begin after the holidays. My daughter is still getting sorted. But we are getting there!
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 4:26 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Calle
We lived in Alsager for 4 years, before our big move to Canada. When I read your post stating where you were, it made us both feel very strange and a little homesick.We are still in the up and down stage of settling into our new life here, and have such fond memeories of Alsager. My little boy went to Pikemere Primary school and it was a great little school. We miss the countryside and the blossom trees that lined many of the roads in Alsager.
We are enjoying life here in Alberta on the whole, but if we ever went back to England, Alsager would be our destination again. Enjoy your time there.
And a very Merry Christmas to all xxx
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 10:21 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R2D2
Hi Calle
We lived in Alsager for 4 years, before our big move to Canada. When I read your post stating where you were, it made us both feel very strange and a little homesick.We are still in the up and down stage of settling into our new life here, and have such fond memeories of Alsager. My little boy went to Pikemere Primary school and it was a great little school. We miss the countryside and the blossom trees that lined many of the roads in Alsager.
We are enjoying life here in Alberta on the whole, but if we ever went back to England, Alsager would be our destination again. Enjoy your time there.
And a very Merry Christmas to all xxx
Hi R2D2
Merry Christmas to you as well! Alsager is a really nice place. Its so peaceful here you almost forget the troubles of the world until you watch the news. I've talked to so many nice people just out walking the dogs. Life seems simpler here....kinder.
I hope you adjust alright to your move. I still have my moments of ups and downs as well. It all comes down to giving yourself time to relearn doesnt it? when you get used to somewhere and everything comes easy ( you know where you are going and exactly where everything is and how everything works),then its easy to feel frustrated and want to have some of the familiar and easy again. But dont forget to take time to remember why you are where you are. I just have to look around and I remember why I wanted to be back here. It's so beautiful here. And the people are so special. I dont think they know how special.
aaaah. Home. nothing like it.
But for everybody, home is where your heart sings. So listen for it.

Sue...merry Christmas to you as well!

Merry Christmas to all of you.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=callé] How do I feel?? I am on a rollercoaster. I am overjoyed to be home. the people all very friendly, the land beautiful, the little village shops still much like I remembered them. the food is soo good. I have to keep myself from to much cheese and yummy chocolate and lemon curd tarts. we have already tried the local chip shop, gone to the pub and even did the pub quiz last night. it was great fun!

Hey Calle sounds just like home to me..I envy you...have a wonderful Christmas...you've summed the UK up, guess that's why they put the Great in GB...have fun settling in
Old Dec 25th 2005, 3:32 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Calle
Your post made Christmas for me!
I wish I was home sooooooooo bad!
Rob
Old Dec 25th 2005, 5:01 pm
Home at last

hiya Trubrit! thank you, and you have a wonderful Christmas as well.

Hi TRob! aaaah, I hope you'll be home soon. Merry Christmas to you.
you remember that thread about things we remember and I mentioned Rita's sweet shop and flying saucers?? well, in Hanley the other day, i found an old fashioned sweet shop (mr Simms) and it has all the old containers with the red lids and all the different sweets including flying saucers!
Its strange. I've been away a lifetime it seems and so much is new to me and so much has changed, I'm sure. but at the same time there's things that take me back, like there is a little part that stood still in time. It's so nice.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Calle, it all sounds wonderful, I'm more than a little jealous.

How did your cat cope with the journey and where did he/she have to stay?

I've got two cats and four kids and going home on the QM2 sounds bloody fantastic
Old Dec 26th 2005, 5:28 pm
Home at last

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Calle, it all sounds wonderful, I'm more than a little jealous.

How did your cat cope with the journey and where did he/she have to stay?

I've got two cats and four kids and going home on the QM2 sounds bloody fantastic
Hi Snorkmaiden
The cat did just fine. There are two levels in the kennels and they keep cats up top. Its a large kennel that fits a bed, litter box, and food dishes with still room to walk around. She was quite comfortable. You can take her to the inside walk area to let her loose with you to explore. Just to be safe we put a cat harness on her with lead when we would take her from her kennel to the walk area. There was another cat in the kennel next to her so she didnt feel alone with the dogs. You can bring their own food, or they provide good food if you like. they had iams and cat treats as well. They provide dishes and blankets and litter box and just about anything else you'll need.
oh, and it it bloody fantastic.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Snorkmaiden
The cat did just fine. There are two levels in the kennels and they keep cats up top. Its a large kennel that fits a bed, litter box, and food dishes with still room to walk around. She was quite comfortable. You can take her to the inside walk area to let her loose with you to explore. Just to be safe we put a cat harness on her with lead when we would take her from her kennel to the walk area. There was another cat in the kennel next to her so she didnt feel alone with the dogs. You can bring their own food, or they provide good food if you like. they had iams and cat treats as well. They provide dishes and blankets and litter box and just about anything else you'll need.
oh, and it it bloody fantastic.
We got quite excited about it yesterday but then we read in a few places that Cunard were getting rid of the kennels on the QM2 in November, you travelled in November didn't you? Did they mention that at all?

I better get on and train the cats to wear a harness just in case It sounds like the ideal way to go home. We are not planning to go in the very near future so hopefully the kennels will still be available.

Thanks for the info, one of our cat has digestive problems so we would have to take our own food but it sounds much better than going by plane and I think the kids would love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.