I'm Going Hoooome!

Old Jul 5th 2011, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of
Default I'm Going Hoooome!

...Not permanently, mind!

Those of you who have followed my Chronicles of Whinging Homesickness on here will appreciate that this is a good thing for me!

Sadly one of the reasons I am off is not so happy - my Mum is going through treatment for breast cancer and obviously I have not been there, so I am going to spend a bit of time with her and hopefully give my Dad a bit of a break too - I am going for a whole month, October 3rd to 28th, my husband is coming over the second two weeks.

Also while I am there I will meet my birth Dad for the first time! I am adopted and made contact with him in September through Facebook, and we have been skyping. He lives in Turkey (hes English, but 'retired' there) He is going to come over to England to meet me while I am there.

The only slight concern (OK, big stinking pile of panic) is that I have not yet got my passport back from the Holy Place in DC.....just renewing it, but I will be happy when I have it in my hand and don't have to worry about it not getting here in time! That would severely suck! As did the cost....two hundred and something dollars to renew my Brit passport.....GAAAH!

Oh well.....its done..now we wait!

Ruth x
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm Going Hoooome!

Originally Posted by EnglishTeaDuck
...Not permanently, mind!

Those of you who have followed my Chronicles of Whinging Homesickness on here will appreciate that this is a good thing for me!

Sadly one of the reasons I am off is not so happy - my Mum is going through treatment for breast cancer and obviously I have not been there, so I am going to spend a bit of time with her and hopefully give my Dad a bit of a break too - I am going for a whole month, October 3rd to 28th, my husband is coming over the second two weeks.

Also while I am there I will meet my birth Dad for the first time! I am adopted and made contact with him in September through Facebook, and we have been skyping. He lives in Turkey (hes English, but 'retired' there) He is going to come over to England to meet me while I am there.

The only slight concern (OK, big stinking pile of panic) is that I have not yet got my passport back from the Holy Place in DC.....just renewing it, but I will be happy when I have it in my hand and don't have to worry about it not getting here in time! That would severely suck! As did the cost....two hundred and something dollars to renew my Brit passport.....GAAAH!

Oh well.....its done..now we wait!

Ruth x
Went back in March for the first time in 5 years. Had a great time! Used to have long periods of homesickness myself but have to say that after 12 years here they don't occur very often now. Hope your Mum is doing ok.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're getting to go home, hope you get to spend lots of time with your mum, and how exciting about meeting your birth father!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I hope your mum is coping well. I went through the whole treatment for breast cancer two years ago. Seeing you will really lift her spirits.Have a great time!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! Glad you will get some precious personal time with your mum. I can't imagine what a roller coaster of emotions you will go through on the trip meeting your birth father aswell.
Enjoy!
Old Jul 5th 2011, 5:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Great news about the trip, sorry to hear about the circumstances and your mother though.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

M wanted to meet his birth father. We eventually found out who he was but the only way he can visit him is in a cemetary somewhere in New Mexico