Im glad to be home!

Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:46 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Im glad to be home!

Originally Posted by northernbird
I will warn you the road between Grantham and Nottingham is an absolute nightmare in rush hour.
Yes I have heard that, luckily my husband starts at 6am so avoids the morning rush hour, he might hit some coming home but he has vowed to find every back road he can! He works in Long Eaton which is the other side of Nottingham from Grantham, so he might drive 'under' Nottingham if you know what I mean.
We have definitely been offered the house, private rental so no hassle, its a Victorian lodge and is beautiful, smaller than our Aussie house but 10 times more character! Will sort the kids schools out in the next week or two as we should be moving in in about 3 weeks or so.
I will post some pics soon, I promise, today we are going to a garden centre near Spalding which apparently has a great Christmas display. As I said earlier in this thread, if anyone coming back wants information on anything, or any stuff looked up or posted to them, PM me as I am happy to help.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry6
Yes I have heard that, luckily my husband starts at 6am so avoids the morning rush hour, he might hit some coming home but he has vowed to find every back road he can! He works in Long Eaton which is the other side of Nottingham from Grantham, so he might drive 'under' Nottingham if you know what I mean.
We have definitely been offered the house, private rental so no hassle, its a Victorian lodge and is beautiful, smaller than our Aussie house but 10 times more character! Will sort the kids schools out in the next week or two as we should be moving in in about 3 weeks or so.
I will post some pics soon, I promise, today we are going to a garden centre near Spalding which apparently has a great Christmas display. As I said earlier in this thread, if anyone coming back wants information on anything, or any stuff looked up or posted to them, PM me as I am happy to help.
He may avoid the morning rush then at that time.

I love the garden centres out Spalding way, take a look here as well, great shopping.

http://www.springfieldsshopping.co.uk/
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:54 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

He does not need to go anywhere near Nottingham.

There are some nice drives through the vale of Belvoir towards Kegworth and the M1....it is then only a short distance to Long Eaton.

I used to live in Radcliffe on Trent many tears ago.

G
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:58 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
He may avoid the morning rush then at that time.

I love the garden centres out Spalding way, take a look here as well, great shopping.

http://www.springfieldsshopping.co.uk/
Thanks for that, will see that today as well
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:59 am
Wishing on a star...

Originally Posted by Grayling
He does not need to go anywhere near Nottingham.

There are some nice drives through the vale of Belvoir towards Kegworth and the M1....it is then only a short distance to Long Eaton.

I used to live in Radcliffe on Trent many tears ago.

G
Yes thats what we were thinking, should be more scenic and a bit easier!
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats on getting a house Cherry !!

Stu
Old Nov 17th 2008, 5:16 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Cherry,

Loved reading your post.I am so homesick today and yet we are booked to go back on Feb 2nd.Can't come quick enough today.

x
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:27 am
Wishing on a star...

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Congrats on getting a house Cherry !!

Stu
Thanks Stu
Good luck with your house letting btw.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

lalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nice

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Cherry,

Loved reading your post.I am so homesick today and yet we are booked to go back on Feb 2nd.Can't come quick enough today.

x
Same here hun we too are leaving about the same time but it seems to far off
this time next year there will be our dreams and goals good luck to you.
Lalaloubells
x
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:32 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lalaloubell
Same here hun we too are leaving about the same time but it seems to far off
this time next year there will be our dreams and goals good luck to you.
Lalaloubells
x
Xmas will make the time fly quicker By the time you've put Christmas away, it will be time to pk your suitcases.....Good Luck
Old Nov 18th 2008, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Stu
Good luck with your house letting btw.
Its sorted

Let it out last week, people move in mid Dec !

Stu