Im glad to be home!

Old Nov 8th 2008, 5:10 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Im glad to be home!

Originally Posted by dave99
Great post, I am thinking of heading back next year, mind if I ask what company you used for shipping?
Hi,
We used Pickfords, we only took back boxes, and 3 cubic meters was about 1200 dollars. I have used Chess previously but the trouble with Chess is that they have to use a different company for delivery in the UK, and thats when you can hit problems. Pickfords are at least worldwide.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 5:14 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spain
you sound so happy with your decision, good luck to you for the future

how old are your kids ?

we are moving back in just over 6 weeks from Spain to Kent after almost 6 years of living here and I can fully see where you are coming from on all your comments

appreciating the things we left behind, friends, family, decent shoping and its funny I popped back a couple of weeks ago to sort out the school for our son and was amazed by how friendly people were - wondering if it was because I had been away or were they always friendly we were just too stressed to realise it before !

will be taking a big chill pill when we return
My kids are 14, 13, 9 and 12 months old. The older ones are loving it here, they cant believe all the things to do, and they love the choice of food in the supermarkets. Went looking at the food in M&S the other day, need I say anything else??
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

lalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nice

Originally Posted by cherry6
Yes it was Hampton. Went to Kings Lynn today, wouldnt personally want to live there but it had loads of shops. Bought a few bits from TK Maxx. Christmas stuff is starting to come out in the shops. We are going to a Victorian Christmas Market in Lincoln in December, and a fireworks night do at a pub on Wednesday. There is so much more to do here.
Hey Cherry6
I am so glad to hear your happy to be home' we are leaving Canada by Jan and can not wait to get back to u.k reading your posts about how friendly and nice everything looks brings tears to my eyes'because i have missed on that for close on 15 years,we have been worried that it maybe a struggle to be there with everything being so vast in Canada'reading all your good vibes is just great.
Good Luck Hun a New Page and Adventure for you and your Family
Lalaloubells
x
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Im glad to be home!

Originally Posted by sans
So are you still heading back to Lincolnshire then Cally?????
Oh im so sorry sans i missed this post yes will deffinately be Lincolnshire (thats when i make my mind up one way or the other lol) SO I guess i still have'nt answered the question.......

Last edited by cally49; Nov 11th 2008 at 9:58 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen
Over here in Adelaide we get "Buy one, get nowt", so there's always someone worse off than yourself!
Lol same here in NZ might be different i the bigger areas but i have yet to see it lol
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:57 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lalaloubell
Hey Cherry6
I am so glad to hear your happy to be home' we are leaving Canada by Jan and can not wait to get back to u.k reading your posts about how friendly and nice everything looks brings tears to my eyes'because i have missed on that for close on 15 years,we have been worried that it maybe a struggle to be there with everything being so vast in Canada'reading all your good vibes is just great.
Good Luck Hun a New Page and Adventure for you and your Family
Lalaloubells
x
Hey their you are
Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:00 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cally49
Oh im so sorry sans i missed this post yes will deffinately be Lincolnshire (thats when i make my mind up one way or the other lol)
You having second thoughts???
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:51 am
Wishing on a star...

We are going to look at some rental properties today in Melton Mowbray and surrounding areas, just wanted to remark that the letting agents I have spoken to have been generally fairly positive about us renting even though we have been away for 5 years. Some have said they can do international references, others have said a guarantor would be fine, but no-one has insisted on 6 months rent being paid upfront.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going to look at some rental properties today in Melton Mowbray and surrounding areas,
Oakham and Uppingham are really nice if thats within reach, plus you have the added benefit of being on the edge of Rutland water, and some great local schools.

Pete

(Born in Nottingham, lived in both Melton and Oakham)
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

lalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nice

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Oakham and Uppingham are really nice if thats within reach, plus you have the added benefit of being on the edge of Rutland water, and some great local schools.

Pete

(Born in Nottingham, lived in both Melton and Oakham)
Sounds like a lovely area Melton Mowbray im sure i loved the Pork Pies that came from there lol
We are heading back to Wales' been a long time in Canada' its time to go home,
Lalaloubells
x
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Well we are finally back, after much worrying and stress, and I am SO HAPPY!!! The flight was OK, far too long (we departed at 11.40am and arrived back 6.40am UK time, so about 28 hours). We flew Royal Brunei, service was OK, food was a bit spicy, Brunei Airport could have been cleaner, Dubai Airport was full of strange men sleeping on the floor. We didnt know if we would get the maxi taxi we ordered in Perth to take us to the airport as we were told by the operator that 'the driver doesn't decide if he's taking the job until 5 mins before pick up'.
I picked up something unpleasant on the trip which had me vomiting in Tesco's toilet 5 mins out Heathrow, and I am still having trouble sleeping the right hours, but I AM HAPPY! I have had such fun shopping, it had become a misery shopping in Perth but here it's fabulous. Food in the supermarkets are a lot cheaper for some things than in Aus, overall our shopping bill would be less here. And things come in bigger packets! I used to go through a whole bag of frozen chips or veg every mealtime in Aus because the bags were so small, at least you can buy bulk sizes here.
The traffic seems worse, and driving seems more cut throat, not sure if thats just because its got worse since we left 5 years ago or because I have been spolit by the retarded driving in Perth.
Driving back from Heathrow, and seeing the beautiful trees all different Autumnal colours was fabulous, my kids are just in a constant state of wonder at the moment. I have seen so many great things I want to buy for my house (when I get one, have to sort out a rental soon). I cant get over how friendly people are here, never noticed it before, even passport control at Heathrow was friendly and joking unlike the mini Hitler we had at Perth.
Yes I am glad to be back, I see Britain with more appreciative eyes than I had before, it took living in Perth to make me truly appreciate my friends and family here, and to make me realise that living in the UK is a hell of a lot more fun and interesting and cultured than I ever knew.
Good luck to all those hoping to head back this way, it's so worth it.
Did the same trip myself with my two children on the 1st oct , very long but worth it . Kids settled quickly back into their old school and friends and i start work monday . Moved back into our old house this week .

Got online today .

Good luck to all coming back
Old Nov 15th 2008, 5:47 am
Wishing on a star...

Originally Posted by janet66
Did the same trip myself with my two children on the 1st oct , very long but worth it . Kids settled quickly back into their old school and friends and i start work monday . Moved back into our old house this week .

Got online today .

Good luck to all coming back
Sounds like you are happy to be back and have settled easily, well done

I have found a house to rent, the Melton ones were OK but have found one even better in Grantham. And its nearer Lincoln so thats good. Bit of a drive for husband to work in Nottingham but never mind!
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

I have found a house to rent, the Melton ones were OK but have found one even better in Grantham. And its nearer Lincoln so thats good. Bit of a drive for husband to work in Nottingham but never mind!
Good Luck cherry6
Happy times Ahead
Lalalou
x
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sans
You having second thoughts???
No Hun
No second thoughts, i can not wait to return
sorry i did not answer you
Lalalou
x
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I will warn you the road between Grantham and Nottingham is an absolute nightmare in rush hour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.