Im glad to be home!

Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im glad to be home!

You are so lucky, please keep posting and let us know how things go. I think if you wait a while to buy a home you will get a good deal. We are sitting here in the US waiting to see how thing go and put the house back on the market in the Spring, hopefully it will sell quickly and we will be on our way home. We will have to lower the price considerably but I suppose it will all even out.

Good luck.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Im glad to be home!

Originally Posted by Rainey69
I am jelous, am in Canada now and absolutely love it but Lincoln crimbly market is just heaven........i miss all that side sooooo much! Mulled wine and roasted chestnuts as you walk down the hill.........not too much though, that hill is dead dangerous. Please put some piccies on for us oldens that really love Lincoln. Hope you find a house soon....Newark is a preety cool place to live, not far from anywhere, congrats to you. xx
Steep Hill in Lincold is deffinately a mission and something not to be attempted in high heels lol Im in NZ but the atmosphere of the Xmas Market up by the Castle and Cathedral in Lincoln is just amazing...........Ohhhhhhhhhhhh now i wanna go.......
Cheers
Cally
Old Nov 5th 2008, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute

Previous years Lincoln Xmas market pics
http://www.lincoln.gov.uk/Photos.asp?sec_id=3563
Cally
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:47 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cally49
Previous years Lincoln Xmas market pics
http://www.lincoln.gov.uk/Photos.asp?sec_id=3563
Cally
That first pic's gorgeous.

I've been to Lincoln. Wonderful place. I love old cathedral cities.

Bev
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:42 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Well my husband got a firm job offer today, so alls good. He had a lot of interest from employment agencies, and the first interview offers him a job, so employment is not all doom and gloom here. £11.50 an hour for the first 3 months, then a pay rise if alls well. Now we just have to find a suitable house. We are looking for something within easy driving distance of South West Nottingham. We have found it fairly easy here so far which is good. Weather is a bit gloomy, very misty/drizzly in this area, but anything is better than 40 degrees!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:54 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point

So glad OH has a job, Southall is a lovely village about 20mins from the centre, very nice quiet place Hope you find something soon and my thoughts are with you.
p.s Cally.......lovely pics hun, Lincoln is just soooooo lovely. You are def right about the high heels.......not a good idea
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by cherry6
Well my husband got a firm job offer today, so alls good. He had a lot of interest from employment agencies, and the first interview offers him a job, so employment is not all doom and gloom here. £11.50 an hour for the first 3 months, then a pay rise if alls well. Now we just have to find a suitable house. We are looking for something within easy driving distance of South West Nottingham. We have found it fairly easy here so far which is good. Weather is a bit gloomy, very misty/drizzly in this area, but anything is better than 40 degrees!
That's great news about the job. People panick about not being able to get one, but that is very positive.
The weather wouldn't bother me either. I am dreading the hot weather and the flies. Can't wait to escape all that in Jan.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bevm
That first pic's gorgeous.

I've been to Lincoln. Wonderful place. I love old cathedral cities.

Bev
Yeah me too, all those old buildings i stand there in awe thinking to myself in those days they didnt even have cars let alone big diggers how the heck did they build them and so high as well it just blows me away...................
Have a brilliant weekend folks!
Cally
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rainey69
So glad OH has a job, Southall is a lovely village about 20mins from the centre, very nice quiet place Hope you find something soon and my thoughts are with you.
p.s Cally.......lovely pics hun, Lincoln is just soooooo lovely. You are def right about the high heels.......not a good idea
Yes in fact the last time i was there i remember it being sneaker or gumboot (wellies) weather it was awesome though mulled wine and just the festiveness of at all its just sooooooooooo romantic...

Now all i need to find is a bloke to take me next time lol...............
All the best
Cally
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:56 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cally49
Yes in fact the last time i was there i remember it being sneaker or gumboot (wellies) weather it was awesome though mulled wine and just the festiveness of at all its just sooooooooooo romantic...

Now all i need to find is a bloke to take me next time lol...............
All the best
Cally
So are you still heading back to Lincolnshire then Cally?????
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post, I am thinking of heading back next year, mind if I ask what company you used for shipping?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Buy-one-Get-one-Frees....now them I do miss! Over here you get buy one get one half off and that's it!
Over here in Adelaide we get "Buy one, get nowt", so there's always someone worse off than yourself!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:05 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen
Over here in Adelaide we get "Buy one, get nowt", so there's always someone worse off than yourself!
That tickled me
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry6
Well we are finally back, after much worrying and stress, and I am SO HAPPY!!! The flight was OK, far too long (we departed at 11.40am and arrived back 6.40am UK time, so about 28 hours). We flew Royal Brunei, service was OK, food was a bit spicy, Brunei Airport could have been cleaner, Dubai Airport was full of strange men sleeping on the floor. We didnt know if we would get the maxi taxi we ordered in Perth to take us to the airport as we were told by the operator that 'the driver doesn't decide if he's taking the job until 5 mins before pick up'.
I picked up something unpleasant on the trip which had me vomiting in Tesco's toilet 5 mins out Heathrow, and I am still having trouble sleeping the right hours, but I AM HAPPY! I have had such fun shopping, it had become a misery shopping in Perth but here it's fabulous. Food in the supermarkets are a lot cheaper for some things than in Aus, overall our shopping bill would be less here. And things come in bigger packets! I used to go through a whole bag of frozen chips or veg every mealtime in Aus because the bags were so small, at least you can buy bulk sizes here.
The traffic seems worse, and driving seems more cut throat, not sure if thats just because its got worse since we left 5 years ago or because I have been spolit by the retarded driving in Perth.
Driving back from Heathrow, and seeing the beautiful trees all different Autumnal colours was fabulous, my kids are just in a constant state of wonder at the moment. I have seen so many great things I want to buy for my house (when I get one, have to sort out a rental soon). I cant get over how friendly people are here, never noticed it before, even passport control at Heathrow was friendly and joking unlike the mini Hitler we had at Perth.
Yes I am glad to be back, I see Britain with more appreciative eyes than I had before, it took living in Perth to make me truly appreciate my friends and family here, and to make me realise that living in the UK is a hell of a lot more fun and interesting and cultured than I ever knew.
Good luck to all those hoping to head back this way, it's so worth it.
you sound so happy with your decision, good luck to you for the future

how old are your kids ?

we are moving back in just over 6 weeks from Spain to Kent after almost 6 years of living here and I can fully see where you are coming from on all your comments

appreciating the things we left behind, friends, family, decent shoping and its funny I popped back a couple of weeks ago to sort out the school for our son and was amazed by how friendly people were - wondering if it was because I had been away or were they always friendly we were just too stressed to realise it before !

will be taking a big chill pill when we return
Old Nov 8th 2008, 1:04 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen
BOGNF=Buy one get nowt free
BOAEP=Buy one at extortionate price
BOCTNETCF=Buy one cos there's nothing else to choose from

See betterer than UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.