Reload this Page >

"I'm coming home....I've done my time"

"I'm coming home....I've done my time"

Old May 15th 2015, 4:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: "I'm coming home....I've done my time"

Originally Posted by trottytrue
If only we could show the posts on this forum to people thinking about moving to another country.
They are free to look in and digest if they wish. The think is that those in the throes and rollercoaster of emigrating are not particularly interested in those that are over it.

I think one thing most of us have in common is the "what was I thinking of" mentality when deciding to move.
I have that , however Mr BEVS does not. Not one jot.

I was on my way home and became ill now I am well my OH is ill and will never be able to move to the UK.
Fear holds many back but fear can be overcome if not you will live the last
Sorry to read that Trottytrue . That is a huge shame for that to happen when your mindset and eyes were on the home horizon.
Old May 15th 2015, 5:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
... and where is he? We like to know y'know.

Updates required Grayling. Are you all moved in ?
Got back a couple of days ago and have moved into our new house

Furniture etc. still at sea but my son organised enough stuff for us to be quite comfortable until it arrives.
A lot of decorating and alterations needed here so that will give us some time.

Travelled business class on Singapore so that made the flight pretty comfortable as I have had a few health issues which make travelling a bit of an ordeal...it will have to be the way in future when we visit as it is a different world to economy albeit a bit more expensive

Weather pretty good but much colder than Brisbane.....I have had to have few pints of proper real ale to fortify me against the cold

Things much as I remember them...still plenty of good pubs and friendly people.
Now need to look for a car and get the house sorted....will rent a car for a few weeks to get us mobile and then catch up with our families and old friends.

Pleased to be back and finally settled.....hard to leave our son and grand children in Brisbane but will still be able to visit when we want

Plenty of relatives (and grand child) here pleased to see us...so swings and roundabouts really....will keep updating as things progress and we get over the jetlag.
Old May 15th 2015, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Grayling! x
Old May 15th 2015, 7:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Welcome back Grayling! x
Thanks....made it back without any hitches....I did not expect it to work out so easily.

Now onwards and upwards
Old May 15th 2015, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Thanks....made it back without any hitches....I did not expect it to work out so easily.

Now onwards and upwards
You'll love it. The only hard bit is those left behind.
Old May 15th 2015, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Grayling...so very happy you made it back, sounds like you are going to be busy but so exciting... Please keep us updated.....
Old May 15th 2015, 12:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news G, hope it continues falling into place.
Old May 15th 2015, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

BEVS........I think most are so excited to start a new life they don't think of the distant future, I know I didn't...

I make the most of what I have and try not to think about what might have been. I have a lot to be thankful for. I had that dream of going home for so many years it was my whole focus in the last few years after my OH retired and we finally sold the house. If it hadn't taken so long for the house to sell things might have been very different. We made a lot of mistakes.
Old May 15th 2015, 1:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Now onwards and upwards
Welcome Home G?
Old May 16th 2015, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home G! It's a bugger having family on opposite sides of the world huh?! All the best for the next step upwards!
Old May 16th 2015, 8:05 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear things are all slotting in to place, G. Enjoy!
Old May 17th 2015, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Got back a couple of days ago and have moved into our new house

Furniture etc. still at sea but my son organised enough stuff for us to be quite comfortable until it arrives.
A lot of decorating and alterations needed here so that will give us some time.

Travelled business class on Singapore so that made the flight pretty comfortable as I have had a few health issues which make travelling a bit of an ordeal...it will have to be the way in future when we visit as it is a different world to economy albeit a bit more expensive

Weather pretty good but much colder than Brisbane.....I have had to have few pints of proper real ale to fortify me against the cold

Things much as I remember them...still plenty of good pubs and friendly people.
Now need to look for a car and get the house sorted....will rent a car for a few weeks to get us mobile and then catch up with our families and old friends.

Pleased to be back and finally settled.....hard to leave our son and grand children in Brisbane but will still be able to visit when we want

Plenty of relatives (and grand child) here pleased to see us...so swings and roundabouts really....will keep updating as things progress and we get over the jetlag.
Glad to see you made it back safe and sound mate. All the very best to yous both for the future and good luck at Newmarket you'll need it !
Old May 18th 2015, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome back Grayling - you're just in time to enjoy the glorious spring weather.

I hope everything continues to run smoothly for you.