im back home

Old Mar 15th 2014, 1:58 am
Just Joined

shane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really niceshane71 is just really nice
Default im back home

long time since beng here but feel as though I may help if you are making the decision to come back to the uk (read my previous posts) the uk has not gone to the dogs as some people may belive , if you want to work hard and reap the rrewards then come home . I was born an English man and that's one of the best things in this world to blessed with(}my granddad told me this], iv had great experience overseas but homes home . I do not think anybody realise,s this until they have left the UK , had so many friends asking when are we going back, they have no idea familys here our roots are here and friends too. the uk is a top country in the world, moving away is good makes u realise what a great country the uk is , I used to knock the uk but there is no other country in the world like this and deep down in your heart you know it aint much better anywere else in the world . (I work outside for a living stick ur hot weather , great for hols not good for every day lifex
Old Mar 15th 2014, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: im back home

Old Mar 15th 2014, 5:24 am
Iwannagohome.

pintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nice

Love this post!!!! Honest, hopeful and to the point. Good luck shane71. I'm counting down the weeks now as haven't visited in 6 years! Haven't felt this excited since I anticipated emigrating, now isn't that ironic!
Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shane71
long time since beng here but feel as though I may help if you are making the decision to come back to the uk (read my previous posts) the uk has not gone to the dogs as some people may belive , if you want to work hard and reap the rrewards then come home . I was born an English man and that's one of the best things in this world to blessed with(}my granddad told me this], iv had great experience overseas but homes home . I do not think anybody realise,s this until they have left the UK , had so many friends asking when are we going back, they have no idea familys here our roots are here and friends too. the uk is a top country in the world, moving away is good makes u realise what a great country the uk is , I used to knock the uk but there is no other country in the world like this and deep down in your heart you know it aint much better anywere else in the world . (I work outside for a living stick ur hot weather , great for hols not good for every day lifex
Oh how true!

Old Mar 15th 2014, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Congrats on the move back. Sounds like everything is going well; I'm still in my planning phase but can't until everything's done so I can return home
Old Mar 15th 2014, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased it is going well for you.
I too am one who counts the UK the best place ion the world. The British are tolerant, agreeable and generally courteous (except on the M25).
And the weather is just Goldilocks. Not too hot, not too cold. Just pleasant
Old Mar 15th 2014, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

uk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Really pleased it is going well for you.
I too am one who counts the UK the best place ion the world. The British are tolerant, agreeable and generally courteous (except on the M25).
And the weather is just Goldilocks. Not too hot, not too cold. Just pleasant

I can't wait to return either!! Hope that day will come!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 1:55 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

I couldnt have written a better post myself! You said everything I have been thinking for the last 5 months. I return home to the UK on May 9th. Theres no place like home.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

I spent 10yrs in Canada and i totally agree with what you have said. We live in a fab country and i would not want to live any where else right now.We had a great experience living abroad,but there is no place like home. The UK has every thing!!!! I know it rains a lot,but when you have spent 11 winters in Alberta i would take the rain any day,as apposed to 6 months of cold and snow.
I am loving and living life to the full now. I felt like i was just plodding along there . I am out walking 365 days of the year,talking to fab people with a great senses of humor . LIFE IS GOOD!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:14 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
I spent 10yrs in Canada and i totally agree with what you have said. We live in a fab country and i would not want to live any where else right now.We had a great experience living abroad,but there is no place like home. The UK has every thing!!!! I know it rains a lot,but when you have spent 11 winters in Alberta i would take the rain any day,as apposed to 6 months of cold and snow.
I am loving and living life to the full now. I felt like i was just plodding along there . I am out walking 365 days of the year,talking to fab people with a great senses of humor . LIFE IS GOOD!!!!
I am coming back to the UK in May it looks like..and its the one thing i am dreading is the horrible wet dull sunless winters back home...i actually like the Alberta weather and find winters much more agreeable than back home..yes its too cold for too long but at least it doesnt rain and there are lots of bright sunny days!!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:35 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
I am coming back to the UK in May it looks like..and its the one thing i am dreading is the horrible wet dull sunless winters back home...i actually like the Alberta weather and find winters much more agreeable than back home..yes its too cold for too long but at least it doesnt rain and there are lots of bright sunny days!!
Welcome back Shane, glad to hear you are settling in. Cheeky Monkey, when I was planning my return from Calgary, I was a bit concerned that I would miss the blue Alberta skies, but so far the beautiful greenness of the country has made up for that. I live in the eastern part of the country, so get a bit less rain than other areas and I just make the most of any sunshine at any time of the year. Good luck with your move.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 3:34 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shane71
Ah yes you have to love the 'UK has gone to the dogs' attitude. My feeling is the UK is better off without those that think that way, send them to Australia, the locals will love hearing them rip into this country.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by lf1
Welcome back Shane, glad to hear you are settling in. Cheeky Monkey, when I was planning my return from Calgary, I was a bit concerned that I would miss the blue Alberta skies, but so far the beautiful greenness of the country has made up for that. I live in the eastern part of the country, so get a bit less rain than other areas and I just make the most of any sunshine at any time of the year. Good luck with your move.
I am right in the heart of the lake district......so a beautiful part of the UK,and i can honestly say i don't miss Alberta one little bit. The beauty and the feeling of being home over comes every thing we had in Alberta .
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

BlubellsInTheForest is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, this is my first time on here. I have lived in the USA since 2002. I came with my husband and 5 year old daughter. We now have a 9 year old son. We have had a really challenging time in the US. We came to live with my father-in-law and his wife in California. However, he died suddenly following a heart bypass surgery, about 9 months after we arrived. We had to decide whether we were going to stay or return to the UK. We mistakenly stayed (we have a history of making impulsive bad decisions!) We moved to Colorado on an E2 visa having sold our London house andinvested in a trucking company. Fast forward to 2004, our son was born with heart disease, contracted fungal meningitis but miraculously fought it off. He then had open heart surgery at 6 motnhs old and is due for another open heart in a year or two for subaortic stenosis. All very traumatic. Following that the recession killed our construction related trucking business. Luckily, I had started a successful, unique preschool in my home. We are now operating within an art center in a small mountain town in Colorado. Both my husband and I run the bussiness and teach. We are very well known in the community and the preschool and afterschool programs are very well loved as they are so unique. So......we love our business, our amazing friends and all the families of our enrolled children. We both come from big families, although my mum died last year (I was unable to visit her or go to the funeral because of my visa problems), my sisters don't particularly like me and the 3 of them are quite close (they haven't ever visited me in the USA). My husband's sisters are lovely and we miss them and his mum very much. When my mum died, I got tremendously homesick and became desperate to go home. We also have money problems left over from our failed business and our income has dropped to a third of what it was. I am not permitted to work outside of our business which can be very difficult. I haven't been home since we came here in 2002 as we would probably not get the visa stamp in our passport that we would need to return to the US. Well, we are going through our e2 visa renewal and they have sent a request for evidence. We are now waiting to hear if we will be given another 2 years. I actually just want to run away from the US and start all over again in the UK. I want free healthcare for my son. I want good food. Rain. Stability of citizenship. I am really hoping they turn down our visa so that I can tell my community, friends and children that we have to go rather than me choosing to uproot my family for sentimental reasons.Any advice? Anyone in a similar situation? I have successfully run our Reggio Emilia inspired school for 5 years and I was a special ed teacher in the uk for 10 years.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:17 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

I think Bluebells in the Forest's post should be a separate thread. She will get more responses that way. Can it be moved?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.